UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These two games can signal the start of a good run for us, but let's also not get carried away. We're not going to become contenders all of a sudden and we're bound to have a crap game sooner or later. What matters is that we get behind the players and coach. I'm optimistic about the future.

Tottenham might not thank me, but get the contract out, put it on the table, let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there -- given what he's done since he's come in -- and let him sign the contract and go!
Dele’s at the wheel, man -- he's doing his thing. Tottenham are back!

Defensively though we are championship level. Jose knows this and he will have to sort it. Weve played West Spam and Olympiakos and conceded 4 goals.

Happy with the win but honestly... we didn't look all that great. We're still going to have serious issues on both ends against a decent side.

BUT... Very pleased to see Jose making changes IMMEDIATELY when things clearly weren't working. His subs worked and timing was generally on point. I also liked how me moved Dele forward and moved Son back when he realized Son was struggling to make plays.

Eriksen at least looked up for it, Moussa showed why he gets so much playing time, he covers the right side so much better than any other player we have ... just not sure that at 31 next season he will feature in Jose's plans.

Toby is looking his age another player soon turning 31 and he's starting to look all of that ... two games in three days and he's toast.

Winks may have struggled but a 92% pass success and the most possession of any midfield player shows that he stays in the game even when things started so very badly.

Overall far to many errors - pass success at 86% wins nothing - allowing double figure shots against per game wins nothing - making lazy errors in defence wins nothing - but at least having to score 3 or more to win matches makes for exciting football ...

Who's up next? 5-2, 4-1, 6-3 anything can happen .....

Fair play to Olympiakos. They were really up for it tonight - sharp and skilful. Which really makes our achievement all the more praiseworthy. At half time my heart told me it would be 4-2, but my head said no, 3-2. My heart was right.

I think we may be starting to play like NWHL is our home, at last.

Eriksen at least looked up for it, Moussa showed why he gets so much playing time, he covers the right side so much better than any other player we have ... just not sure that at 31 next season he will feature in Jose's plans.

Toby is looking his age another player soon turning 31 and he's starting to look all of that ... two games in three days and he's toast.

Winks may have struggled but a 92% pass success and the most possession of any midfield player shows that he stays in the game even when things started so very badly.

Overall far to many errors - pass success at 86% wins nothing - allowing double figure shots against per game wins nothing - making lazy errors in defence wins nothing - but at least having to score 3 or more to win matches makes for exciting football ...

Who's up next? 5-2, 4-1, 6-3 anything can happen .....

Toby is awful. Looks scared half the time.

Back
Top Bottom