Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a big mistake. We are gonna be watching boring football for the next 18 months before the Mou gets fired too
Add the cost of sacking poch, hiring Jose & buying the players he wanted for just a short term. Just when I thought levy/enic couldn't get any worse with footballing decisions.

"Behind the scenes, Tottenham's board were becoming increasingly frustrated by Pochettino's demeanour. Levy felt that his manager had been given the players he wanted. However, at times, he felt the atmosphere at Spurs' training ground was toxic. Pochettino was unhappy and that had a significant effect on players and staff.

Tottenham's defeat at home to Newcastle raised huge concerns within the club hierarchy. His relations with a number of key players appeared damaged. This, combined with worsening results, led Levy to decide he needed to act."

From the Sky Sports article.

Mousa Dembélé: Mauricio Pochettino’s training was so intense – I had to leave Tottenham
(The Times)

Possibly one of the factors behind some of the other players lack of performance since Dembele left.

BTW, I really liked Poch, but was always nervous about the stories coming out about the intensity of his training sessions

Mousa Dembélé: Mauricio Pochettino’s training was so intense – I had to leave Tottenham
(The Times)

Possibly one of the factors behind some of the other players lack of performance since Dembele left.

BTW, I really liked Poch, but was always nervous about the stories coming out about the intensity of his training sessions
Is that a fresh quote?

A £12million pay-off, plus goodness knows how much for Mourinho, plus all the money he's going to want in the next transfer window. Can anyone tell me why Levy couldn't have given that money to Poch to enable him to sign players?

Has he found the Magic Money Tree?

A £12million pay-off, plus goodness knows how much for Mourinho, plus all the money he's going to want in the next transfer window. Can anyone tell me why Levy couldn't have given that money to Poch to enable him to sign players?

He has................. but Corbyn got there first.

(The Times)

After five years of it you can imagine the older players getting sick of it.

Ultimately it's thanks to a great bloke.

But he never won anything, never proved he could handle big name players or their egos and never actually gave the impression he wanted to.

Very few can achieve success like that. He couldn't.

Probably saw it as a cost effective measure.

Lose money now or lose even more as we fail to qualify for anything with Poch.

This is a big mistake. We are gonna be watching boring football for the next 18 months before the Mou gets fired too
I find getting stuffed by Brighton somewhat boring. We have been crap for a year. We didn’t want him to go but it had to be done. The players had given up on him.
Trippier said it all when he went.....things are going on and it’s time I left.

Back
Top Bottom