Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting point from the Times here

Mauricio Pochettino signalled a desire to leave but refused the request from #thfc to resign as he did not want to walk away without compensation. [The Times]

Wouldn't surprise me would also explain why the players downed tools. Why try for a manager who himself doesn't want to be here.

Gave me the best 5 years of my spurs supporting life but the last 10 months have been a fucking train wreck, he got more time then any other manager in the world would have got, and either couldn't or didn't want to fix it. Shame it ended like this but it had to happen

Last edited:
The more you think about his comments before the final, the stranger things are. So we had to endure your managerial display this season because you lost?
Anyway, he leaves in okay condition, the fans will sing his name and he can just about get the Man Utd job.

We need to protest to get Levy out as he is clearly not fit for purpose, called out by Redknapp and underminded subliminanly in interviews once more by Poch, history repeats itself again with our only succesful managers under his reign getting kicked out for his inadequacies to take the club to the top. Expect Kane to leave soon as no player of his capibilties is going to play in the toxic atmosphere which is on the horizon after Toby,Jan and Eriksen go in the summer all due to Levy's shocking running of the club.
Amazing perspective .... but to be expected I suppose ... Levy's job is to run a successful business you think he's "unfit for purpose" that probably puts you in the top 1% of business illiterate morons ... he's turned at 100m business into a 2 billion business, that's his job ....

Has he employed the best managers? It's a good question but he's certainly paid them enough, and he's given them a lot of cash to get the job done (not City levels but more than at least seven teams above us) ... it's not Levy's job to win matches that's down the the manager and players ... Poch ultimately couldn't make the final step up, and right now several players need to take a long hard look in the mirror ...

Levy? he's done his bit our club is in a different business league to where it was twenty years ago ... only a fool can't see that ....

and for fucks sake install a spell check, your spelling is bloody atrocious ....

Last edited:
I think Poch brought this all on himself. His weird comments including talking about leaving, not to be called the Manager and even today saying wants to go back to Spain. Clearly something was not right, far too many players not performing and 14th was too low to blame on not spending. Colchester, Bayen and even Sheffield Utd results just should never have happened. Saw the red star matches and hoped he had turned the corner but the league results continue to be bad. Think we will have to write off Saturday's match but if they can get a decent Manager then expect results to slowly recover.

he looked worn out. Maybe marital / family issues.

Yeah, because all of my Inter friends couldn't care less about their treble season. Never in my life did a Chelsea fan shove it in my face the fact that they won a Champions League, because the style was absolute dogshit...
Also, did you like our style this year under Poch? Was the fucking diamond good to watch?
Fair enough mate. If all you care about is what your friends think then you’re a bit of a soft cunt. You see I don’t give a fuck what my friends think when it comes to football. Do you think your friends will respect you more if we win a league cup? I really don’t get that - it’s not you winning it is it?

And I’ve admitted our football has been shit to watch for ages, but you go home, stick your head under the pillow, and cry your eyes out because your mates had a bit of banter and you were found wanting.

End of an era.

A3FZy0X.jpg

Fair enough mate. If all you care about is what your friends think then you’re a bit of a soft cunt. You see I don’t give a fuck what my friends think when it comes to football. Do you think your friends will respect you more if we win a league cup? I really don’t get that - it’s not you winning it is it?

And I’ve admitted our football has been shit to watch for ages, but you go home, stick your head under the pillow, and cry your eyes out because your mates had a bit of banter and you were found wanting.
If I cared about the piss take of my friends, I sure as hell wouldn't be supporting Tottenham. I don't support our club because of the trophies, I support it because when I see Tottenham I see myself. But, if I had the chance of trying to fight for some trophies, I sure as hell would take it. If you're telling me that you wouldn't love to shove it to every Gooners face if we won the Champions League last year, you're lying.

Where will we be in five years?

The floor is wobbling under Levy and ENIC at this moment, at a time when the club ought to be in unimpeachable health.
Utter bollocks .... the business is making fortunes, where are you getting your dodgy info from? In five years time we will be in the EPL, will be a fixture in the NFL, will be hosting 15-20 'events' a year and raking in well over half a billion a year in income (maybe twice that) ... Will we win things? that's a whole different question ... but as a business we are rock solid.

In five years time we will be...raking in well over half a billion in income

If you can't see a very real risk that that isn't true, I'm not sure what football club you're looking at.

At the very least, unprecedented net investment in the transfer market is now a non-negotiable part of that future coming to fruition, something that was not the case two years ago.

We haven't exactly played stylish football under Poch recently.....
Not another one. Christ, yes I understand - we’ve been fucking shit mate. I wasn’t even talking about Poch. It’s this attitude that if we won a league cup playing crap football, that would suddenly be the catalyst for greatness. It wouldn’t.

What did he actually win at Manchester? It seemed like a pretty grotesque affair. He’s clearly syphilitic and descending into Napoleon-style madness. His last few months in Manchester were Phil Spector creepy.

That’s down to their infantile players imo. I mean it’s not like they’ve improved since Mourinho left. Our boys are more professional. They don’t have a Kane on that side or a Son. Mourinho could do wonders with the players we have.

I joked to the bloke standing (ssshh, don't tell anyone) next to me at the Watford game that I'd have to settle for 16th in the league and win the CL.
That became increasingly less of a joke as the weeks went on after every Red Star came a Sheffield etc...
Now if we get Mourinho perhaps I'll have to change that to 8th and an FA Cup. Does that feel better? No.
Ominous as well Dele's tweet tonight thanking Poch and saying they'll hopefully meet again.
I don't think he meant for a 2 for 1 at Pizza Express Woking.
Wonder how many of a divided dressing room will rock up at Poch's new place when he's ahem at the wheel? 😢

Back
Top Bottom