The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Why would a manager with maximum commitment to Tottenham, which is what we expect from ALL our staff at every level, be talking about leaving the club before we play a CL final? I don’t think Poch will be turning down big offers for his services now, not like in the past. It’s so clear from his words and actions that he is not excited to stay here.
He said that if we won he might as well go because there was nothing better than winning the european cup, so there was nothing more to strive for.
Youd have to be pretty dumb to take it seriously

Totally agree. There's no doubt that he absolutely deserves a share of the blame, I just think it's funny how some people on this forum are shocked that people wouldn't want him fired. I'll admit that even that 83% seems a little high to me, but maybe that just shows how much people give him credit for what he has done already and trust that maybe he can do it again.
Well that was a clear backdoor in that poll. "If he get backed". He won't fucking get 6 new players in January, it's a zero percent chance. Are we willing to see this team end up 7_8th, playing like shit and hope for some new signings for next season one hope for Poch to turn it around. Or do we want Poch out and a new coach? I'm Poch out, he will never be backed enough to turn this around. He's an old school boss, not a modern leader, he's stubborn, he's a lousy tactician. And he's lost the players.

WTF?

early to be drinking.

either that or thinking is a problem for you.
whichever way - if its a fight you want - go to the forum toilet, there's plenty in there that will happily waste their time with you

Last post in the Toilet was me on 8 November
And I won’t be returning

So why don’t you debate the point Mick?

Well that was a clear backdoor in that poll. "If he get backed". He won't fucking get 6 new players in January, it's a zero percent chance. Are we willing to see this team end up 7_8th, playing like shit and hope for some new signings for next season one hope for Poch to turn it around. Or do we want Poch out and a new coach? I'm Poch out, he will never be backed enough to turn this around. He's an old school boss, not a modern leader, he's stubborn, he's a lousy tactician. And he's lost the players.
More to the point, how long are our best players going to hang around? They want a medal or two, especially Harry. K.

Do you feel that he would be able to turn it around with some new players if he were to "get backed"?

Maybe more people than what is seen here think that Poch doesn't deserve the full blame for this mess. This place can be an echo chamber of negativity and it turns things often into a circle jerk of who can be the most "passionate".

I really like Poch and thank him for everything, but I also don’t understand why people think he doesn’t deserve the majority of the blame.

I get it, the squad needed fresh faces. I get the cycle talk of how every three years or so you need changeover. That is def a Levy deal since he is so fucking tight with the purse strings.

But, Poch is the man to blame for the squads cohesion, style of play, and just overall management. The current streak we are on isn’t down to a lack of talent. It is down to him being a fucking miserable leader. He just seems so tired of the job.

I am fine waiting, cause I think we aren’t making it to the top this year. But I am less confident in his ability to turn it around. Dude needs to smile and make his team play aggressive again. This sit and counter ploy is old and boring.

New boy here, so I’ll state my case. My view is that Poch is a good manager, maybe a very good manager, but not a great one. He probably is a great man manager but he is not skilled enough at the tactical side of the game. This means he gets there, but can’t close the deal. When the game goes against him, he is lost as to what to do, that’s why we continue to see odd and pointless substitutions, he struggles with the game strategy.
Thanks for getting us to this point, Poch, and thanks for many fun times, but we are now looking ahead and looking to win things. So I’m Poch out.

New boy here, so I’ll state my case. My view is that Poch is a good manager, maybe a very good manager, but not a great one. He probably is a great man manager but he is not skilled enough at the tactical side of the game. This means he gets there, but can’t close the deal. When the game goes against him, he is lost as to what to do, that’s why we continue to see odd and pointless substitutions, he struggles with the game strategy.
Thanks for getting us to this point, Poch, and thanks for many fun times, but we are now looking ahead and looking to win things. So I’m Poch out.

The fans are yes, the owners aren't though, that's the issue.

I fully expect Poch to be replaced by an Eddie Howe type who will not win us a fucking thing.

Do you feel that he would be able to turn it around with some new players if he were to "get backed"?
From what I can see from the games I don't think so. I suspect that Poch has lost the players. I think a new coach with the same squad would beat Poch with new players.

The fans are yes, the owners aren't though, that's the issue.

I fully expect Poch to be replaced by an Eddie Howe type who will not win us a fucking thing.

State of the art training facility - check
State of the art stadium - check
One of the highest paid managers in the world - check
Broke transfer budget twice in recent window - check

but we're still going to harp on not signing Jack Grealish in 2018 so let's pretend like the owners don't give a fuck because they're not spending like City

Back
Top Bottom