The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Nonsense- you were discussing players that were past it, not me so you brought age into it.

I repeat your quote “ Sacking our manager because players are past it is like dumping an F1 driver when the car you put him in can’t compete with the other manufacturers cars”.
So players being past it has nothing to do with age then?!
So actually to quote you again perhaps it is you who has the “Attention span of a housefly”
WTF?

early to be drinking.

either that or thinking is a problem for you.
whichever way - if its a fight you want - go to the forum toilet, there's plenty in there that will happily waste their time with you

The Spurs Show poll gives 83% Poch stay ?
how can 83% be so blind to the results we have had since Feb ?

Maybe more people than what is seen here think that Poch doesn't deserve the full blame for this mess. This place can be an echo chamber of negativity and it turns things often into a circle jerk of who can be the most "passionate".

WTF?

early to be drinking.

either that or thinking is a problem for you.
whichever way - if its a fight you want - go to the forum toilet, there's plenty in there that will happily waste their time with you

Not been drinking at all mate.
To make it clear to you: You made a post implying that Pochettino doesn’t deserve the sack because he has players that are past it.
I made the point that the average age of our squad is 26 and therefore in line with Liverpool, Man City and Leicester and therefore people should stop using the excuse of an aging squad to explain away our poor form
You then said that Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen want to leave and are 29,30 and 32. I replied that at 29 and 30 Rose and Alderweireld should not be “past it” as this isn’t that old.
You then said that I was the person who started talking about age, when clearly that was you when you made your first point about “players being past it”

So as I said I haven’t been drinking and so maybe it is time at your age to visit the doctors and have a few tests.
Either way stop making excuses for Pochettino- ultimately the buck stops with him

Not been drinking at all mate.
To make it clear to you: You made a post implying that Pochettino doesn’t deserve the sack because he has players that are past it.
I made the point that the average age of our squad is 26 and therefore in line with Liverpool, Man City and Leicester and therefore people should stop using the excuse of an aging squad to explain away our poor form
You then said that Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen want to leave and are 29,30 and 32. I replied that at 29 and 30 Rose and Alderweireld should not be “past it” as this isn’t that old.
You then said that I was the person who started talking about age, when clearly that was you when you made your first point about “players being past it”

So as I said I haven’t been drinking and so maybe it is time at your age to visit the doctors and have a few tests.
Either way stop making excuses for Pochettino- ultimately the buck stops with him
first of all "sonny boy" my faculties are in good order thanks very much, and if that's the best you can come up with, I suggest you work on your act.

Past it doesn't necessarily mean age - it can also refer to performance

as far as I am concerned its a combination of all of the above, they no longer perform to their previous standards, either by design, age or contract negotiation.

Pochettino doesn't go onto the pitch during games, only the players do - so it's them that put in the crap performances - and the manager can only choose the players he has in his squad, otherwise he wouldn't be choosing the ones who persistently play poorly on match days. Managers watch them train and if they train like demons and then take their foot off the gas in matches, then that's down to the players.

You are either looking for a slanging match, or you don't understand how the management of human beings works, but take it from me - it isn't as binary or simple as you might imagine, and I would guess that in the world of football, the influences and metrics, relationships (agents) and contractual issues are way beyond the grasp of people who post on here.

I stand by my assertion that all we will do is watch Poch move on and do well with whoever he goes to - because it wont be Buckfuck Dynamo in Kazakhstan, or Accrington Stanley. there's a good chance it will be the likes of Bayern or a top Spanish side, and we will all look on jealously and mutter "bugger" as we watch him thrive and his team do well, and realise that we just threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Sorry, but you don't get to tell me what to do with my opinions, disagree with them by all means, but that's as far as it goes.
Like I say, if you want a fight or to simply post insults, go to the forum toilet.

Maybe more people than what is seen here think that Poch doesn't deserve the full blame for this mess. This place can be an echo chamber of negativity and it turns things often into a circle jerk of who can be the most "passionate".

I don’t think he deserves the full blame at all. There are some players who seem to have lost focus for whatever reason. But there are people on here who don’t seem to want to lay ANY blame at the manager’s door and that is equally wrong

first of all "sonny boy" my faculties are in good order thanks very much, and if that's the best you can come up with, I suggest you work on your act.

as far as I am concerned its a combination of all of the above, they no longer perform to their previous standards, either by design, age or contract negotiation.

Pochettino doesn't go onto the pitch during games, only the players do - so it's them that put in the crap performances - and the manager can only choose the players he has in his squad, otherwise he wouldn't be choosing the ones who persistently play poorly on match days. Managers watch them train and if they train like demons and then take their foot off the gas in matches, then that's down to the players.

You are either looking for a slanging match, or you don't understand how the management of human beings works, but take it from me - it isn't as binary or simple as you might imagine, and I would guess that in the world of football, the influences and metrics, relationships (agents) and contractual issues are way beyond the grasp of people who post on here.

I stand by my assertion that all we will do is watch Poch move on and do well with whoever he goes to - because it wont be Buckfuck Dynamo in Kazakhstan, or Accrington Stanley. there's a good chance it will be the likes of Bayern or a top Spanish side, and we will all look on jealously and mutter "bugger" as we watch him thrive and his team do well, and realise that we just threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Sorry, but you don't get to tell me what to do with my opinions, disagree with them by all means, but that's as far as it goes.
Like I say, if you want a fight or to simply post insults, go to the forum toilet.

Listen “Daddy” you started the insults by suggesting that I have been drinking or have a problem thinking- neither is true. Most of what you have written in the above post I don’t have a problem with. I have managed people for most of my working career and I know that ultimately if my team at work performs well I get a pat on the back. However if the bottom falls out of my team’s performance then ultimately I carry the can. That’s life. What is difficult to dispute in my opinion is that Poch has made some awful decisions this year with selections, is very slow to change things when things aren’t going well and doesn’t seem to have the answers at present and I don’t want to see Spurs in the Championship next season

I don’t think he deserves the full blame at all. There are some players who seem to have lost focus for whatever reason. But there are people on here who don’t seem to want to lay ANY blame at the manager’s door and that is equally wrong
Totally agree. There's no doubt that he absolutely deserves a share of the blame, I just think it's funny how some people on this forum are shocked that people wouldn't want him fired. I'll admit that even that 83% seems a little high to me, but maybe that just shows how much people give him credit for what he has done already and trust that maybe he can do it again.

Well I hope the 83% are right and I'm one of the wrong ones, because if its the other way round and we finish up outside the top 6 with no medals, we will wave bye bye to Son & Kane

Well said Mick. Seconded.

If I saw a fully energised and motivated Poch on the sideline then I would back him 100% even if results were the same. But he was talking about leaving the club before we had even played the biggest match in the history of Tottenham and the fire has gone out of his eyes now. His demeanour is the same as those players who tried to leave, remaining professional but clearly ready to move on.

Poch is a nice guy who gives everything for the club so people don’t want to blame him. Simple fact is most managers and especially our past managers had to work under worse circumstances such as selling top players, not getting players they want. He may be one of the best motivators in all sports but anyone who has regularly watched us can see some of his tactical weaknesses and more investment is never going to correct that.

Maybe he should employ more of his children and maybe his wife - perhaps that may work

Listen “Daddy” you started the insults by suggesting that I have been drinking or have a problem thinking- neither is true. Most of what you have written in the above post I don’t have a problem with. I have managed people for most of my working career and I know that ultimately if my team at work performs well I get a pat on the back. However if the bottom falls out of my team’s performance then ultimately I carry the can. That’s life. What is difficult to dispute in my opinion is that Poch has made some awful decisions this year with selections, is very slow to change things when things aren’t going well and doesn’t seem to have the answers at present and I don’t want to see Spurs in the Championship next season
Has he made awful decisions or just ones that dont fit in with the desires of the uninformed?
He gets shit when he takes a player off to change the set of the team and gets shit when he doesnt play the same peoples favoured substitutes. He gets shit because he doesnt put them on soon enough and he gets shit when he doesnt play unfit or recovering players. Basically, he gets blamed for everything by a large crowd of people who dont have a fucking clue whats going on at the club, or the form or emotional state of the players.
You say you understand people management - yet you are happy to burn the man who put the club where it is - on the basis of an ageing team that he was given 3 replacements for, two of whom were unfit and one was injured.
On top of that 4 of his main pool want away and another one is mad and a raging liability.

Yeah lets ditch Poch. Its the popular choice.

Or we can keep him, have a fallow season and move onwards and upwards with an evolving squad

Has he made awful decisions or just ones that dont fit in with the desires of the uninformed?
He gets shit when he takes a player off to change the set of the team and gets shit when he doesnt play the same peoples favoured substitutes. He gets shit because he doesnt put them on soon enough and he gets shit when he doesnt play unfit or recovering players. Basically, he gets blamed for everything by a large crowd of people who dont have a fucking clue whats going on at the club, or the form or emotional state of the players.
You say you understand people management - yet you are happy to burn the man who put the club where it is - on the basis of an ageing team that he was given 3 replacements for, two of whom were unfit and one was injured.
On top of that 4 of his main pool want away and another one is mad and a raging liability.

Or we can keep him, have a fallow season and move onwards and upwards with an evolving squad

I don’t want to burn the man but sometimes things run their course. In terms of his decision making, I couldn’t understand why he brought Eriksen back into the team for the Everton game- and then kept him on for 101 minutes when he was terrible. Now you may disagree but that was ridiculous- he offered nothing and I fail to believe that one of our younger players couldn’t have offered more. Having said that about Eriksen why was Pochettino effectively playing him as a right back at times in the game when he can’t tackle, is so easy to disposess and opponents can virtually waltz past him. Surely Pochettino could see that wasn’t working. But maybe you feel that was good management

Why would a manager with maximum commitment to Tottenham, which is what we expect from ALL our staff at every level, be talking about leaving the club before we play a CL final? I don’t think Poch will be turning down big offers for his services now, not like in the past. It’s so clear from his words and actions that he is not excited to stay here.

What amusese me is how some people want Poch to stay at any cost despite the man himself making departure related comments in the past. He also doesn't exactly exude the confidence that he still wants to be here now.

Back
Top Bottom