Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is it that Harry can be so good for England but nowhere near that level for us currently?

10 goals in 15 games for Spurs including goals against Woolwich, Leicester and Liverpool.

Considering as a team we have not been playing well I think that is a fantastic achievement.

Even if as a team we had been playing well-it's still a fantastic achievement.

Just enjoy him.

State of some of our fans again. Can you believe it, slating Harry. ffs the guy's a legend, absolute twats some of you lot.

Always need a target, Winks, Davies, blah blah blah, supporters my arse.

This site really has got some weird fuckers on it who get off on slating the club, players, manager, board etc getting off on failure....... baffling!

ENGLAND
1ROONEY53
2CHARLTON49
3LINEKER48
4GREAVES44
5OWEN40
6KANE31
7LOFTHOUSE30
7SHEARER30
7FINNEY30
10LAMPARD29
10WOODWARD29
Harry 6th.

Spurs connection most people will know with Greaves and Lineker but many may not know about another Spurs link with Woodward who will be in the top ten for a long time yet.

Damn I never realised Owen was that close to the record when he last played for England in 2008. He retired from playing officially in 2013. 5 years to get 10 goals...if he didn't have such bad luck with injuries he'd have probably smashed it.

Damn I never realised Owen was that close to the record when he last played for England in 2008. He retired from playing officially in 2013. 5 years to get 10 goals...if he didn't have such bad luck with injuries he'd have probably smashed it.

I think most players only have a certain amount of games or years of playing at the highest level in them - it's normally about a decade or just over.

Players like Owen, Rooney, Joe Cole who played first team football from the age of 16 were all pretty much done by 27/28.

Getting the excuses in early for when Kane catches him within the next two years.

giphy.gif

Edit: meanwhile...

Last edited:
Always thought that Lineker was a twit of the highest order (might have mispelt twit). He may have been a great goal scorer, but there really was no need for that comment denigrating Harry's achievement.

Back
Top Bottom