Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing how good he looks when there is quality delivery from the full-backs

Instead we have some of the worst 'crossers' in the league atm - having gone from 2 of the best with prime Walker and Rose

Kane was talked up as one of the best strikers in the world until recently, now he scores cheap goals for England?? Lineker is just jealous, and apparently in real life is an absolutely arrogant piece of shit.

Kane was talked up as one of the best strikers in the world until recently, now he scores cheap goals for England?? Lineker is just jealous, and apparently in real life is an absolutely arrogant piece of shit.
He's a salty wanker who thinks is trendy and relevant cause he wears sneakers in the TV Studio and also knows Kane will soon smash his shitty record

mail15.jpg

Love harry but it's been clear after the ankle injuries his mobility is on the decline. Agree with some on here that probably needs players around him to step up but I cant judge him on international qualifying games as the opposition are mostly top half national league standard. Biggest thing for me is that england play with pace and width which stretches the pitch for harry. For two years spurs teams have been extremely narrow and like others have said our fullbacks have awful end product. He doesn't have to press or work the channels against pub teams in qualifying as england have 99 percent of the ball. With his mobility now questionable I think he should drop to 10, have sons pace and mobility at 9 to stretch teams and sess and lo celso either side. I'd defo try that at home against the lesser sides

Damn I never realised Owen was that close to the record when he last played for England in 2008. He retired from playing officially in 2013. 5 years to get 10 goals...if he didn't have such bad luck with injuries he'd have probably smashed it.
Nobody cares about Owen or Rooney.

Lineker (however plastic he is and is probably Leicester), Jimmy and Harry are ours.

Edit: Just seen the Lineker comment.

I agree with the sentiment, but funnily enough he has just scored 5 goals against Montenegro and Kosovo, who didn't exist in Shearer's day.
They did exist as part of Yugo block - unless the implication is there are extra games now because there are more teams

For comparison - in Euro 2000 qualifications -there were a total of 49 teams participating

Today there are 55 - so that's 6 news teams only winch is around 0.5 per group which is negligible really

Here's some of the great opposition Shearer faced

WC 1994 Qualifiers

England
Norway
Netherlands
Poland
Turkey
San Marino

WC 1998 Qualifiers

England
Italy
Poland
Gerogia
Moldova

Euro 2000 Qualifiers

England
Sweden
Poland
Bulgaria
Luxembourg

So in every group there were 2-3 dog shit teams as there are today

Here's Shearer's record for England:

And here's Kane's:

It can be argued that around half of Shearer's goals are against really weak opposition while the same could be said about two thirds of Kane's goals. I don't think it's such a great difference.

Lineker's comment was unwarranted in any case.

Lienker has been a snide little snake towards us since the Leicester season when he used to wank them off every week riling up everyone to support them as the 'underdog' instead of us

Comes across as bitter, little man

Back
Top Bottom