Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To lose 4 first team players within a year on free transfers is shockingly bad management.

Plus I reckon Dier is doing the same.

We need a DOF and need one fast, that's millions and millions of pounds were losing.

Yeah it’s so easy to say that now ain’t it mate ?

Let’s take a trip back to the Summer of 2017. We just finished 2nd behind the Chelsea scum. The vultures were circling

Walker was obviously on his way out. City paid a word record fullback fee.

United were rumored to want both Rose and Dier for about £40 mill each.

All this place preaches was “we’re a big club, we shouldn’t sell to rivals.” “We can’t lose Walker and Rose (who at the time were probably the best fullbacks combo in the Prem).

“We can’t sell Dier, it will upset his best mate Dele.” (Remember the Dele/Dier bromance everyone was obsessed with?

“Selling our best players will just make us more vulnerable to other offers.”

So the reality is we got exactly what we wanted, but no one thought it would be this ugly, so enough with the hindsight bullshit

I think there are reasons for Toby's stay but fair point.

It still to me at least reflects really badly on the management team.

Far from ideal, but the flipside is that DL has worked wonders in terms of contracts, sales and stretching the wage budget to get us to this point (Those prone to indiscriminate cries of "pay the man" will probably disagree, but fuck them anyway....)

DOF tho... Yes, count me in!

Let’s take a trip back to the Summer of 2017. We just finished 2nd behind the Chelsea scum. The vultures were circling

All this place preaches was “we’re a big club, we shouldn’t sell to rivals.” “We can’t lose Walker and Rose (who at the time were probably the best fullbacks combo in the Prem).

“We can’t sell Dier, it will upset his best mate Dele.” (Remember the Dele/Dier bromance everyone

“We can’t sell Dier, it will upset his best mate Dele.” (Remember the Dele/Dier bromance everyone was obsessed with?

“Selling our best players will just make us more vulnerable to other offers.”

So the reality is we got exactly what we wanted, but no one thought it would be this ugly, so enough with the hindsight bullshit
Show me all these successful clubs who allow their players to run down their contracts on masses then.

Such an odd post. Rude and hostile to defend the club letting four first teamers leave for free within a year of each other.

It's not hindsight by the way. Its foresight as it's almost certainly going to happen and the club are powerless.

I don't think this news is really a surprise at all, been coming for ages.

Ironic though.... Initially he was disgruntled about not being paid enough; now he's 'stuck' here cos there's no-one out there likely to match what he does earn.

His comments are bullshit... Much the same as his initial rants; if it was that bad here and there was genuine interest from a better option; he'd be gone.

Another player that mugged himself off; getting an inflated opinion of themselves whilst out injured (Hi Toby!).

Far from ideal, but the flipside is that DL has worked wonders in terms of contracts, sales and stretching the wage budget to get us to this point (Those prone to indiscriminate cries of "pay the man" will probably disagree, but fuck them anyway....)

DOF tho... Yes, count me in!
He has and he hasn't.

The situation just screams to me that like incoming deals he took his eye off the ball.

Again a DOF should be a priority. Whether Poch stays or not.

He has and he hasn't.

The situation just screams to me that like incoming deals he took his eye off the ball.

How so.....?

- We've seemingly done everything feasible to get TA & CE to sign new deals.
- Jan is getting old (yet was still offered an extention).
- DR is a problem child who we likely never wanted to renew.

Again, you can't sell without a buyer who's willing to offer appealing terms to the player.

What a fucking pointless interview. Does nothing but reaffirm that we are in a shit contract situation with Danny (and others) and that we are now basically 'stuck'.

What did he hope to achieve going to the media on this other than a bit of airtime? Serves no purpose externally :deledoubt:

How so.....?

- We've seemingly done everything feasible to get TA & CE to sign new deals.
- Jan is getting old (yet was still offered an extention).
- DR is a problem child who we likely never wanted to renew.

Again, you can't sell without a buyer who's willing to offer appealing terms to the player.
Mate to be honest you can make excuses but it's not good enough.

This sort of thing would happen to the scum wouldn't it. Rarely happens to any other top club.

If they knew that these players were refusing to sign new deals then they should have shipped them out.

Put it this way. If levy wasn't in charge of them and he paid someone else to do it . Would he be looking at losing all these assets for free and thinking, oh well you did all you can or would he be sacking the person responsible? I know which one I'd bet my house on.

It doesnt effect me either way of they leave for free or for money but its shocking management and leaves us really struggling to pay for replacements.

We need 2 centre backs, a new right back as the replacement for walker was so bad and a defensive midfilelder minimum . In today's market you're talking crazy money, what with us missing out on CL next year, money we probably havent got.

And that's not even thinking about refreshing the forward line like some would like to do.

Wow. Just wow

how on earth does he conclude that these comments are wise in the circumstances the club face ?

Caution however, before he’s slung under the bus. This is the first open and tangible evidence of alleged mismanagement at board level.

This is solid proof that an employee feels they are being actively forced out. That’s ridiculous in this day and age.

Tripper’s comments were more subdued, and as he had left, he could be deemed as irrelevant and ignored. But this ? No way to duck this one. Fingers are pointed at those cloudy figures in the boardroom.

No club can afford to have one player feel unwanted, let alone all the ones showing signs of mistrust and underperforming that we currently have. If we were close to crisis before, these comments have made it go full blown and god knows what’s next ( Manager goes after West Ham - given we won’t win that game on current form )

something very rotten is going on......

I also wonder how angry the “win bonus” deals are making the whole team now that winning has gone south. I’d imagine player after player are bleeding thousands on current form and are desperate to get a contract with better base money, except that contract is never coming. I wonder if ENIC are saving 10’s of thousands a week by losing, not as daft as it reads......

Last edited:
Another cunt that can sit at home and run out his contract for all I care. We just need to be harsh here, I know it’s difficult to leave 3 or 4 players out of the squad for a long period of time at a combined weekly cost of around 4/500k, but what’s the alternative? Playing them? They do more harm than good these days if we are all honest.....
The way I see it the club tried to off load him in the summer and weather it was Rose who didn’t want to move or no clubs really wanted Rose isn’t the point, the point is Pochettino didn’t want him, so why should he play him now? I mean if he wasn’t in the plan moving forward what has changed that he has played most games this season?
Same goes for Eriksen, he doesn’t want to be here and will 100% leave at the end of the season if not before, so why waste time trying to build a new team with him in it? That’s just stupid, well in my mind anyway...
The two Centre half’s we have that I’m 99.9% sure are going too have dropped at least 40% in effort, and at 30years of age with only 6 months of guaranteed income left why would they risk injury? I fucking wouldn’t....Makes me sad tho that Jan would stay if we gave him the contract he wanted, 3 years I think? Even if he only played 50% of that I still think it’s worth it...

No folks, we are being mugged off by these cunts and the club need to accept it, and quickly, as it’s only going to get worse before it gets better.....on this I do have sympathy for Pochettino, but then that sympathy dwindles somewhat when I know he has the power to banish these fuckers and move on, but he hasn’t the balls to do it and that’s why I think he actually isn’t the man to lead us to glory long term, big decisions take bottle and Pochettino hasn’t any bottle, the guy is simply too nice and friendly to be a great manager!!

Except offer to pay them wages matching their abilities back when they were actually the best in their position.
Now we have no choice and they're saying fuck off as you'd expect.

I said "feasible".

We simply didn't have the money to pay what a Chelsea or a City might have done.... Hense the new stadium... I think, deep down, you know this.....

You're also ignoring the fact that we were trying to put them on far improved terms TWO+ years ago!

Back
Top Bottom