Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting REALLY fucked off with such comments now.

"Should have sold Rose", "should have sold CE", "should have sold Dele"... "Should have sold Kane" is only just round the corner.....

Meanwhile, selling Walker was "a travesty", "unforgivable", "a return to being a selling club".....

Revisionist, hindsight cunts... Fuck off!

All the whining about why Levy isn’t selling our deadweight

Well it’s hard to sell players no one wants.

The harsh reality is that no one wanted Erisken, Toby or Rose

Why do they renew? To reward good performance, and to tie them down for even longer. They then announce the additional amount of years that the player has committed to. We all know it's bullshit, and that they hope to increase the amount they can get for the player eventually, but it is still a commitment and if they're not prepared for the player to stick around for that length of time then don't tie them down to a contract of that length.

It's not to increase the eventual fee, it's to protect the investment so that players don't leave on a free.

Any pay increase is where the reward lies for the player, not the length of the deal (*).... Not once you factor in any potential signing on bonus a player might get if signing to their next club on a free....

(*though admittedly that does foster a degree of security.)

It's a sketchy business, sure (and in the modern game clubs are more than a bit fucked as a result), but any fan interest in this equation should circle around the club's interests; not mistaking a player winding their deal down as some kind of move of 'integrity'... We had a summer of that kind of bullshit spun for CE and look at him now.... (Not that I'm necessarily applying the last part to yourself.)

All the whining about why Levy isn’t selling our deadweight

Well it’s hard to sell players no one wants.

The harsh reality is that no one wanted Erisken, Toby or Rose

Ironically too; whether it be financially or stature-wise, all three seem to have ideas above their station too.

Any time in the last 18 months we could have sold him when his stock was still high enough. Hes 29 now and playing shite, another player on the wane we haven't replaced in time.

Apart from individual games, he's been shite ever since his injury.

Did you notice anyone TRYING to buy him in that period? :kanehand:

As for 'Darling Danny.' (tm)...

Should have never dropped Davies from #1 spot 2 years ago.... Same as Sanchez/Toby last year.... We backed the wrong horse. :(

Neither have performed consistently since.
Davies is just not good enough against good opposition. Even 40 year Lichensteiner was breezing past him on the wing in the CL.

Rose is unreliable because of his lapses/mistakes.
Davies is unreliable because of his limitations.

To be honest I don't see the relevance of NFL and Rugby to this situation. You can cater for those without it impacting on the playing squad of the football club.

It reminds me of the kind of comment you see when Spurs tweet about a kit release or some new commercial partnership, where people respond to moan that they should be concentrating on winning games, rather than this other stuff, as if they can't co-exist.

Also, all of these things, commercial partnerships or hosting of other events, actually bring in more revenue that can be funneled towards player recruitment, so it's actually aiding the thing people are whinging about.

Hrytn Hrytn - Your 'funny' rating to this post further paints you as the inane, imbecile you are. Typical you.... You have nothing of substance to counter with so you mock like a child.

You are right, what else can he do! I know he has given some interviews which he shouldn't but after being at a club for over 12 years, he will be 31 yo in 2021, the club should award him a 1 year or even a 2 year contract.
Grow up Levy.

What world do you live in where someone has been shit for the last 2 years but we should “reward him because he’s been so loyal”??

It's not to increase the eventual fee, it's to protect the investment so that players don't leave on a free.

Any pay increase is where the reward lies for the player, not the length of the deal (*).... Not once you factor in any potential signing on bonus a player might get if signing to their next club on a free....

(*though admittedly that does foster a degree of security.)
Oh yeah, I guess what I said above wasn't clear enough, but I meant the player is rewarded by a salary increase, because a new contract almost always comes with a rise. Don't really disagree too much with anything else you've said.

From our point of view, what's the point... Just as easy to let them rot.
True. Just gets them away from the rest of the squad if they're deemed to be creating a bad atmosphere around the place that's affecting moral, but I was only taking the piss with that comment as I know Levy would never throw money away and enable other clubs to get them for free

Davies is just not good enough against good opposition. Even 40 year Lichensteiner was breezing past him on the wing in the CL.

Rose is unreliable because of his lapses/mistakes.
Davies is unreliable because of his limitations.

Ben's 18 months as #1 proves your assertion wrong. More defensively sound. Better quality in attack.

He's just not as 'exciting' as Rose.

To lose 4 first team players within a year on free transfers is shockingly bad management.

Plus I reckon Dier is doing the same.

We need a DOF and need one fast, that's millions and millions of pounds were losing.

What world do you live in where someone has been shit for the last 2 years but we should “reward him because he’s been so loyal”??

Waste of time trying to have a serious debate with the child.

Kid is a fucking idiot.

To lose 4 first team players within a year on free transfers is shockingly bad management.

Plus I reckon Dier is doing the same.

We need a DOF and need one fast, that's millions and millions of pounds were losing.

Tbh, in terms of potential fees the only one that really stings is CE cos we'll likely have to spend big to get a full time replacement (be that GLC or someone else).

In terms of DR, TA & JV we've had good value out of the fees wee spent on them.... Couldn't even sell Toby for 25m.... Rose & Jan are ageing so won't attract much either way.

Ben's 18 months as #1 proves your assertion wrong. More defensively sound. Better quality in attack.

He's just not as 'exciting' as Rose.
More quality in attack? He has no pace and can't pin the oppsition back. At least Rose can dribble and win freekicks.

He's only more defensively sound since Rose has become a donkey vs long balls. In 1v1s Rose by a mile.

Davies just comes across more technical because he looks nerdy.

Tbh, in terms of potential fees the only one that really stings is CE cos we'll likely have to spend big to get a full time replacement (be that GLC or someone else).

In terms of DR, TA & JV we've had good value out of the fees wee spent on them.... Couldn't even sell Toby for 25m.... Rose & Jan are ageing so won't attract much either way.
I think there are reasons for Toby's stay but fair point.

It still to me at least reflects really badly on the management team.

Rose is like someone who's been brought through the ranks the amount we spent on him (plus must of got a fee when out on loan).

More quality in attack? He has no pace and can't pin the oppsition back. At least Rose can dribble and win freekicks.

He's only more defensively sound since Rose has become a donkey vs long balls. In 1v1s Rose by a mile.

If that's the level of insight you offer. I'm out..... :pochbye:

Missed out Rose has gone back to not bothering tracking back when out of position.

Back
Top Bottom