Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many raffles have Man City or Chelsea won ?

Loads.
What’s that got to do with Poch?
He’d win fuck all at City because he’d swap DeBruyne for Mahrez and he’d literally relegate that Chelsea team

That’s why all his “biggest backers” will be delighted for new owners to come in and sack him instantly.

Fucking laughable turn of events.

“I don’t mind him getting sacked, as long as Levy doesn’t sack him”
Pathetic

Horses for Courses.

Have you ever wondered why Levy has been unable, or unwilling (take your pick) to attract a manager with a track record of winning, or even competing, for the major titles?
Sounds like you are cunting off Pochettino now John to be honest.
You have held him up on a pedestal for years.

Now you are saying we can’t attract good managers. He’s the 5th highest paid manager in Europe.

Please don’t pretend that wouldn’t lure anyone.....what, you think 10M a year isn’t enough for someone to say, “I’ll work for a club with a squad like that, under a few more restrictions than I might have wished”
Just like Poch was happy to take the pay packet.

You actually think that they are only in it for the “war chest”........and the chance to sign Zaha and Martial (your dream window for 2018)

John.
I’m taking the piss out of you.
Can’t you see that?

You say there are no better managers than Poch, right now.
Sammy telling fibbies again

:sonpoint:

No better managers able to achieve 4 successive CL windfalls under Levy/€NIC business model that Levy could attract.

You've been scratching your balls for the last 6 weeks wondering why Levy won't sack Poch, when the answer's been staring you right in the face, ya dum-dum

:harrylol:

Now you are saying we can’t attract good managers. He’s the 5th highest paid manager in Europe.
No, I'm asking you why Levy has been unable, or unwilling, to attract a single manager during his 19 year chairmanship with a track record of winning and competing for the major trophies.

You seem to be having some difficulty in answering.

No better managers able to achieve 4 successive CL windfalls under Levy/€NIC business model that Levy could attract.

The squad he bought for the manager also had something to do with our finishes as proven by how shit we are when they won’t play for him.

You've been scratching your balls for the last 6 weeks wondering why Levy won't sack Poch, when the answer's been staring you right in the face, ya dum-dum
Haven’t been scratching anything.
It’s patently obvious to everyone (except you it seems) that Levy doesn’t want to pay Poch 30M to walk away.

It’s a decision that’s costing us and I think it’s a pretty shit move from the chairman.
Interesting that you seem to sympathise and back Levy by saying there isn’t anyone out there he can get in.

Oops

Unlike the managerial merry go round, none of us know what potential new owners are out there. Whereas we can all have an opinion on the current managerial flavour of the month.
I think your current favourite has shifted from Eddie Howe to Brenda.
But if Leicester go on an unexpected losing streak you'll move on to someone else quicker than a whore in a knock shop

And to address your point about Levy keeping Poch at the club?
Well, yes. Under ENIC's formula Poch is probably the best man out there. He's already proved it.
But if new owners came in and prioritised spending the money required to make us perrenial title contenders I'd have no qualms with them sacking Poch and hiring an elite, serial winner.

Horses for Courses, my friend.

You’ve got a choice:

1) US investment group
2) Middle Eastern investment group
3) Random billionaire.

If you’re after ridiculous spend, you probably want option two, as the shareholders will be cousins.

Interesting that you seem to sympathise and back Levy by saying there isn’t anyone out there he can get in.

Oops
How is that backing Levy ya spoon.

It's a fucking indictment of his inability to attract a manager with a track record of competing for major silverware.

:avbfacepalm:

You're having a shocker tonight, me old mucker.

Apart from the grandstanding (which is a common theme with you) this is probably the most honest and decent post I have seen you make towards me.

Ok so I am going to start by honestly addressing your points, in regards to you saying that I am profiling your opinions, I am going to be honest mate, you make it fairly easy from where I am sitting, this is the first time I have legitimately seen you even cast any form of doubt about ENIC or have a balanced opinion on them, maybe I have just missed your criticisms of them in the past but you sincerley come across like you would defend them over the club at times, so it's nice to see you say that you don't think they have done a perfect job.

For what it's worth I am actually in agreement with you, I think they have done more right than wrong, I don't think ENIC are bad at running us as a business, where I think they fail is on the footballing side of things.

Now that doesn't mean that I think they have done a bad job, clearly they have improved us in terms of league position and financials over the years, that's not even up for debate so they aren't completely failing on the football side but where I think they have failed is winning silverware.

Now I know the debate from some is "Well silverware doesn't matter, that's not what football is about, be grateful for what we have, remember what it was like before" I fundamentally disagree with that notion and I think it sets a dangerous tone for the club because it sends the message to the owners that we are happy and grateful just to have them and we don't have ambition to improve, which gives them a free pass to sit on their hands and do nothing whilst making lots of money for their business.

I also don't expect silverware every single season, it's unrealistic to do so, what I do expect however is at least one piece of silverware in a decade, something which ENIC has failed to deliver, that to me is unacceptable, especially considering the clubs we have apparently "overtaken" because of league position have all won trophies within that time despite being in apparent turmoil.

It is romantic imo but I do admire your belief, I however believe that in order for us to improve at this juncture the manager must go, the trend (and you will know this as a long time supporter) is that when this sort of dip happens, very rarely, if ever, is it fixed without a change, we had people saying we should stick with AVB, Sherwood etc and whilst I admit, they were different scenarios, the common denominator is once the tail spin started we couldn't stop it and by removing those two, we improved, I believe removing Poch will also see us improve again.

As far as the meme is concerned, look, you can't go around calling people melts and shit supporters and flinging insults without expecting a little back, you talk about the level of discourse being low, well I think you need to look at how you speak to other posters sometimes because it seems like you can give it but you can't take it, now admittedly, yes, I was taking the piss but since this post of yours comes across quite polite and decent I will engage with you in the same way.

I was convinced we wouldn't spend based on two windows of nothing, I was wrong, I admit that and I praised Levy for spending, hence why I am blaming the manager for this season, he has nowhere to hide, the most insulting part is, he hasn't even really played the players that were purchased to improve us and had instead stuck with cunts like Eriksen who couldn't give a fuck about the badge, that right there alone is a sackable offence in my eyes.

My thoughts on spending are that it's not really about the price of the player, it's about good scouting and making sure that when you do find a player that will improve you (Ndombele for example) that you get them, so no complaints about that either, we have to continue to work under that business model and it will lead to success, providing we have the right manager and the right mentality at board level, we should have and could have improved further this window as well imo.

The criticism about how the the club is run stems from the fact that we have had many years of underspending or no spending which has held us back at crucial moments, those two windows that we didn't buy have directly contributed to the situation we are currently in, our owners are seemingly happy to remain where we are and some of our fans are just happy to be getting into the top four occasionally because it's better than the sugar years.

We may have a brand new stadium, all this fantastic branding, Amazon documentaries, the NFL and all the other glitz and glamour but under the surface is the stench of stagnation and regression and my issue with the owners is that they aren't concerned as long as we remain profitable, which is more than possible, even at mid-table with the occassional top four finish, that's also why I think Poch is still in a job, Levy has sacked for far less in the past.

Is that good enough for this club? I don't think so.

Regardless of what you've taken on board previously, my reply contained nothing that I haven't posted at one point or another (which is why I refer to it as lazy profiling).

Rest assured, I am not offended nor taking particular exception to your meme-ing or jibes (I'm sure you realise I'm more than happy to unload with both barrels when I see fit and/or can be arsed)... My mentioning these things was certainly not to play for sympathy and so forth either, but let's not pretend that you weren't baiting me. With that in mind let's park the whole finger pointing (accusations of "grandstanding" etc.) aspect of this.

I have no desire to repeat the debate over spending or how unambitious you think ENIC is. Least of all the sheer amount you have written would take god knows how many hundred words to address. Ultimately; despite your admission over being wrong about a few things and being pleased with certain aspects; you're doubling down on the stance you held over the summer; only with added gripes about the manager whom you were previously content with. Not that I don't understand why the widespread love-affair with Poch is fading; but that which I feel is exaggerated or incorrect on your part hasn't changed and thus my arguments/objections won't have changed either.

Back
Top Bottom