Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loaded up a game of football manager 14 the other day.

We had a shitty little stadium. Our rivals had 2 to 3 times as much money to spend on players and wages.

We had Chadli, Vlad, Soldado and a load of other dross.

You cant say anything other than ENIC have done a top notch job. We havnt quite seen the full spending power from the new stadium because of the massive rebuilding job needed on the squad.

But theres not way we could have signed players like Lo Celso and Ndombele just 5 years ago. Over time we will keep spending and replace the aging stars and come back stronger than ever.

Getting rid of those players and be attractive to the likes of Ndombele and Lo Celso is a lot to do with Poch. ENIC have transformed us off the pitch, Poch has transformed us on it.

It’s why a lot of fans still have a lot of loyalty to Poch and if it’s his time to leave now he will get best wishes from most fans (certainly the ones who go to games if not the ones on forums).

Both Levy and Poch have flaws but they have done well overall for us. We are now a bigger club because of them and ENIC investment in the stadium will pay off over time even if it has delayed investment in the playing squad for a year or two.

If Levy goes down the NFL franchise route though I’d want a guarantee that the rent we get for it goes towards the football club and by football club I mean Tottenham Hotspur not the NFL franchise team. The hotel is a nice idea though and should help regenerate the area.

Last edited:
Loaded up a game of football manager 14 the other day.

We had a shitty little stadium. Our rivals had 2 to 3 times as much money to spend on players and wages.

We had Chadli, Vlad, Soldado and a load of other dross.

You cant say anything other than ENIC have done a top notch job. We havnt quite seen the full spending power from the new stadium because of the massive rebuilding job needed on the squad.

But theres not way we could have signed players like Lo Celso and Ndombele just 5 years ago. Over time we will keep spending and replace the aging stars and come back stronger than ever.
Objection.
We NEVER had a shitty little stadium.

Hard to argue that Levy / ENIC haven't gone balls out for the club today - Morinho is perhaps the highest profile, biggest risk and no doubt most expensive manager they cold have gone for. All those saying Levy / ENIC don't back the club? After 100m in the summer and now Jose that's getting harder and harder to swallow.

Hard to argue that Levy / ENIC haven't gone balls out for the club today - Morinho is perhaps the highest profile, biggest risk and no doubt most expensive manager they cold have gone for. All those saying Levy / ENIC don't back the club? After 100m in the summer and now Jose that's getting harder and harder to swallow.
Poch is such a charismatic personality that it blinds people to his shortcomings. Interesting to see how he gets on in his next job.

Where are the Levy/ENIC out brigade who say they don't care about winning trophies, are creaming the football club, don't spend money and lack ambition?

To think people were actually saying levy was too tight to pay off Poch and his team and he would get a Howe cheap type manager in for another project lol where are you now lads?

Yep. If poch kept getting us top 4 & no trophies he would still be manager. No way levy sacks poch for not winning trophies. Buisness before trophies.
ffs the man has just paid out about 80 million quid to lose Poch and his crew and bring in a serial trophy winner and you are still fucking giving Levy stick for something hypothetical?
wise up you clown

ffs the man has just paid out about 80 million quid to lose Poch and his crew and bring in a serial trophy winner and you are still fucking giving Levy stick for something hypothetical?
wise up you clown
Do you think he would have sacked poch if he kept getting top 4 But no trophies?
I gave levy plenty of stick for real reasons that I warned about & which came true. & whatever me & you say, 1 trophy in 18 years speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Where are the Levy/ENIC out brigade who say they don't care about winning trophies, are creaming the football club, don't spend money and lack ambition?

To think people were actually saying levy was too tight to pay off Poch and his team and he would get a Howe cheap type manager in for another project lol where are you now lads?

They're lurking hoping for a Spurs loss tomorrow so they can start up again

Do you think he would have sacked poch if he kept getting top 4 But no trophies?
I gave levy plenty of stick for real reasons that I warned about & which came true. & whatever me & you say, 1 trophy in 18 years speaks for itself.
He quite obviously thought Poch was the man to bring success in football terms and develop the club monetarily as well, he got to a CL final a few months ago so why wouldnt he have wanted him to stay on?-success on and off the pitch are not mutually exclusive in fact its in Levys interests for us to win trophies and compete deep in all competitions as its makes the club money first and foremost and more popular with a higher profile increasing revenue also.
He got pochs three main targets for big money a matter of months ago as well and spent over a billion quid on the stadium and training facility and you argue he doesn't want success on the pitch?

You cant possibly argue hes not made a huge statement getting the most decorated active manager in world football in for 15 mil a year can you?!
I mean he aint exactly mike fucking ashley is he

He quite obviously thought Poch was the man to bring success in football terms and develop the club monetarily as well, he got to a CL final a few months ago so why wouldnt he have wanted him to stay on?-success on and off the pitch are not mutually exclusive in fact its in Levys interests for us to win trophies and compete deep in all competitions as its makes the club money first and foremost and more popular with a higher profile increasing revenue also.
He got pochs three main targets for big money a matter of months ago as well and spent over a billion quid on the stadium and training facility and you argue he doesn't want success on the pitch?

You cant possibly argue hes not made a huge statement getting the most decorated active manager in world football in for 15 mil a year can you?!
I mean he aint exactly mike fucking ashley is he
If levy is as interested in trophies as you say then so far we have to say he has failed badly. Maybe under Jose we win trophies but that's a big maybe. Think he will need to spend a lot more on the team which I am less confident about than you. Anyway, no harm in not all of us agreeing on the same thing. Time will tell if ENIC/levy turn us in to trophy winners. You have every right to think they will. As do I to think they won't.

Back
Top Bottom