Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some of these ENIC supporters believe that over the long term the profit they make will be reinvested into the team making us capable of winning trophies and that's why we have built this stadium etc.

Any criticism of us not seeing any evidence of this so far is met with "the stadium has just been built, it requires patience you melt!"

This will be the party line for the entirety of the time we have debt with the stadium for some of these people when we don't spend money, it's like dealing with politicians claiming to spend billions on the NHS but the reality is it's just collapsing all around us.

There are certain posters on this very forum (no need to name them because anybody with a pair of eyeballs can see who they are) that will shill until the end of the earth for Levy and ENIC, either through self delusion or because they genuinely care more about the business side of things than the football side of things.

Either way, when you look at ENIC and their model over the long term there is absolutely no indication that we will suddenly start spending huge sums of money to win trophies, anybody who thinks that's why the stadium was built are living in LA LA land.

The stadium, just like everything else ENIC have done, was built to widen their portfolio, gain more profit and have more ownership, the biggest lie people tell themselves is that ENIC care about spurs like they are supporters of the club, even Levy who has been watching spurs since he was a kid (allegedly) is always going to put ENIC and their interests above the club.

I don't get people who have these cult like connections to the manager, players or owners, the only thing you should be concerned about as a supporter is if your club is improving where it matters, on the field during the 90 mins of football each week, everything else is IRRELEVANT, stadiums, whilst nice are ultimately IRRELEVANT (unless the money earned from larger stadia is reinvested into improving the team which we have zero evidence of so far and like I said, given ENIC and the way they operate I have huge doubts we will see it, ever.)
The first window following the building of the stadium we broke our transfer record twice.

You've written out a load of guff.

The first window following the building of the stadium we broke our transfer record twice.

It's not a "load of guff" whatsoever, do you truly, honestly believe that the stadium being built means that we are suddenly going to start spending big money on players consistently and try to challenge for trophies by consistently refreshing the squad?

We sold players in order to finance those deals you mentioned, no different to what ENIC have been doing all along, we lost Trippier and Dembele, one of which (Trippier) we didn't even replace because it funded the Ndombele deal, a player we needed to replace Dembele, Lo Celso is a loan to buy...

Our squad was negelected for two entire windows before this one and Levy has gone on record at the last meeting saying the reason we didn't do more business is because we couldn't sell certain players., so if you think those purchases this window is because we have now loosened the purse strings because of the stadium being built then your naive.

What I wrote is the truth until the evidence shows otherwise, for some the truth is hard to swallow though because it shows our owners for what they are and shatters the illusion that ENIC have ambition for this club to consistently win things when the reality is, as long as they are making profit, they are happy.

But if it makes you feel cosy thinking that a Thatcher like trickle down economics austerity model where we "live within our means" which puts profits before anything else will benefit the club on the pitch then that's your choice.

Our owners have the money to be competitive on the pitch, they CHOOSE not to be and hide the lack of ambition under the guise of long term stability and some of our supporters are lapping it up because we're doing things "the right way" should change our fucking club motto to that.

Last edited:
I'd have preferred his bonus goes on players. I doubt he would leave over a bonus. & we need every penny we can save.

Roughly a £3m bonus, that's near on the same as when the team he has helped build wins 1 group stage Champions League game. I'm pretty sure that after a 15 year or so project coming to a close and the amount of input he's had that he warrants the bonus he received. The bloke has travelled the world, tore up numerous designs to try and give us a lasting home and had to negotiate long and hard with multiple financial institutions to ensure we get the right kind of payment deals both before we moved in and after Scott.

Works out roughly to £200k per year as a bonus for the top dog at the club, just over £16k per month for overseeing a £1.2bn project and ensuring it was delivered with the impact our club required in order to continue its growth, one who oversaw world record profits that the club still retain (dividends don't get paid to our directors I believe). I think it's absolutely fair based on the buzz the new gaff and training ground has generated and he did so whilst keeping Tottenham in Tottenham, against many odds if we are being honest about it.

£3m, that's roughly the revenue the new stadium makes in 3-4 games worth of food, drink and shop outlets, I think he earned it based on the stadium delivery absolutely.

Last edited:
Roughly a £3m bonus, that's near on the same as when the team he has helped build wins 1 group stage Chanpions League game. I'm pretty sure that after a 15 year or so project coming to a close and the amount of input he's had that he warrants the bonus he received. The bloke has travelled the world, tore up numerous designs to try and give us a lasting home an drew had to negotiate long and hard with multiple financial institutions to ensure we get the right kind of payment deals both before we moved in and after Scott.

Works out roughly to £200k per year as a bonus for the top dog at the club, one who oversaw world record profits that the club still retain. I think it's absolutely fair based on the buzz the new gaff and training ground has generated and he did so whilst keeping Tottenham in Tottenham, against many odds if we are being honest about it.

£3m, that's roughly the revenue the new stadium makes in 3-4 games worth of food, drink and shop outlets, I think he earned it based on the stadium delivery absolutely.
“Yeah but City”

It's not a "load of guff" whatsoever, do you truly, honestly believe that the stadium being built means that we are suddenly going to start spending big money on players consistently and try to challenge for trophies by consistently refreshing the squad?

We sold players in order to finance those deals you mentioned, no different to what ENIC have been doing all along, we lost Trippier and Dembele, one of which (Trippier) we didn't even replace because it funded the Ndombele deal, a player we needed to replace Dembele, Lo Celso is a loan to buy...

Our squad was negelected for two entire windows before this one and Levy has gone on record at the last meeting saying the reason we didn't do more business is because we couldn't sell certain players., so if you think those purchases this window is because we have now loosened the purse strings because of the stadium being built then your naive.

What I wrote is the truth until the evidence shows otherwise, for some the truth is hard to swallow though because it shows our owners for what they are and shatters the illusion that ENIC have ambition for this club to consistently win things when the reality is, as long as they are making profit, they are happy.

But if it makes you feel cosy thinking that a Thatcher like trickle down economics austerity model where we "live within our means" which puts profits before anything else will benefit the club on the pitch then that's your choice.

Our owners have the money to be competitive on the pitch, they CHOOSE not to be and hide the lack of ambition under the guise of long term stability and some of our supporters are lapping it up because we're doing things "the right way" should change our fucking club motto to that.
Yes.

The only tangible evidence we have thus far of our willingness to spend now the stadium's built is this past summer.

We broke our transfer record twice.

Facts don't care about feelings.

Your "truth" ain't no truth at all. It's your opinion and a prediction.

Fyi - We got to the CL final and qualified for the CL, again, without spending. More evidence against your bollocks

Last edited:
Roughly a £3m bonus, that's near on the same as when the team he has helped build wins 1 group stage Champions League game. I'm pretty sure that after a 15 year or so project coming to a close and the amount of input he's had that he warrants the bonus he received. The bloke has travelled the world, tore up numerous designs to try and give us a lasting home and had to negotiate long and hard with multiple financial institutions to ensure we get the right kind of payment deals both before we moved in and after Scott.

Works out roughly to £200k per year as a bonus for the top dog at the club, just over £16k per month for overseeing a £1.2bn project and ensuring it was delivered with the impact our club required in order to continue its growth, one who oversaw world record profits that the club still retain (dividends don't get paid to our directors I believe). I think it's absolutely fair based on the buzz the new gaff and training ground has generated and he did so whilst keeping Tottenham in Tottenham, against many odds if we are being honest about it.

Still rather it spent on the team. He ain't going to leave due to no bonus. But fair enough if you would rather it spent on levy.

If there's 1 motto that doesn't suit us, it's to dare is to do. We are the opposite. Keep it nice, steady & stable. No risks or any thing daring.

Can you name any Premier League side that hasn't broken their transfer record in the last couple of seasons?
Don't think it's anything to shout too loud about in the current climate.

We didnt. People lie. We may or may not buy Lo Celso and we dont know for how much either. Like mentioned earlier, people lie.
People will come up with all sorts of stats and figures to back up their warped love affair with Levy.
It's quite disturbing really.
Like I said a few of pages back. Stockholm Syndrome-esque

Bobby works for a bank.
For ten years he’s done a great job.
After ten years he does a shit job and gets fired.
Does that mean the man that hired him needs firing?
When the man that hired Bobby also hired and fired 7 other Bobby's before him, and all they could muster between them was a paltry carling cup, I'd say he might want to start seriously considering his own position too.

If you meant in Ndombele and LoCelso, "we broke our transfer record twice" then you are definitely writing a load of guff. Because the latter is on loan.

What is the net spend summer 2019?

ps. include £10m Dembele to China.

Last edited:
People will come up with all sorts of stats and figures to back up their warped love affair with Levy.
It's quite disturbing really.
Like I said a few of pages back. Stockholm Syndrome-esque

John Thomas John Thomas will come up with the SAME stats and figures to back up his warped love affair for Levy out.
It's quite disturbing really

Does John talk about the player? No
Does John talk about the matches? No
Does John talk about the team tactics? No

If you want to accuse people of warped love affairs, take a look in the mirror

Maybe you should ask a few questions of the man paying the wages to Poch, then.

Yeah I thought it was a good move to tie Poch down as the 5th highest paid manager in Europe at the time.
Now I’m questioning why he hasn’t been fired and every week that goes by Levy shares even more blame for our plight.
I’ve told you that probably 15 times this week.

Ive also slated Levy and Levy alone for the Amazon catastrophe which I believe is having an adverse effect on the season.

I criticise Levy when I see fit. Not buying a player in the summer before the season we got to a CL final and got 4th isn’t one of them.
You’d have a point if we had started last season the way we started this one, but we didn’t.

You might not agree with my criticism of Levy, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t criticised him.

You have already conceded Poch “should probably go”. You folded John.

No need to shoehorn my views, they are transparent. It is what it is.

I don’t have favourites.

Back
Top Bottom