Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes. The main stumbing block, if I remember, we weren't prepared to offer the wages Liverpool were prepared to pay.

No wonder Jurgen made him feel real good :pocheyes:

I think we low balled on the asking price too didn't we.

No wonder it he didn't really feel wanted:levyeyes:

Although I guess your now gonna tell us Poch sets the transfer budget and wage remunerations

:harrylol:
You’re just guessing though. You’ve actually no idea what the conversations went like. All we know is what the player said and he didn’t mention money once.

So. 18 years and 1 League cup later, we now seem as far away as ever.
So many missed opportunities.
Half the team wanting out.
A manager unable or unwilling to continue working his magic.
So close, but never prepared for the extra push.

And here we are today

How this man can turn up at the most expensive football venue in the world and look our supporters in the eye is beyond me.

How so many of those supporters continue to give him a free pass is even more bizarre.

New owners, new manager, new team, new mentality.

Or we'll be having the same conversations 20 years from now.

I want an Arab to show us the road to Mecca dudes as Daniels is in a dead end with NFL getting in the way and fucking up a host of player contracts.
Hopefully the brother has some camels, those bubbly kettles that you smoke , a genie lamp , an oil well , wears a Laurence of Arabia threads when we lift our first proper trophy in a lifetime.
Falafel's at half time plus hummus flat bread, get rid of smoked salmon as thats so last century.
He could put those brothers who love winning nothing but pain in prison and we can dig all that silverware before we are all 6ft under.

I want an Arab to show us the road to Mecca dudes as Daniels is in a dead end with NFL getting in the way and fucking up a host of player contracts.
Hopefully the brother has some camels, those bubbly kettles that you smoke , a genie lamp , an oil well , wears a Laurence of Arabia threads when we lift our first proper trophy in a lifetime.
Falafel's at half time plus hummus flat bread, get rid of smoked salmon as thats so last century.
He could put those brothers who love winning nothing but pain in prison and we can dig all that silverware before we are all 6ft under.
I don't care if it's an Arab, a Russian, an Englishman, an Irishman or a Scotsman.

But we need a new mentality at the club from top to bottom. One that says we ain't fucking happy with just settling forever being the bridesmaids so long as the balance sheet tops everyone else's.
One that says I don't fucking care if we were shit in the 90s and be careful what you wish for.

We'll only get that with new owners, I'm afraid.

We have the worst performing RB in Aurier and LB in Rose. Both are costing us.

1. Poch announced Rose is for sale. Levy should have passed him the information.
2. Aurier wanted to leave.
3. Aurier was a known liability since last season and got worse this season.
4. They seem to be first choice this season. Let's be honest, the alternatives of KWP, Davies or make shift Foyth or Dier are no better.
5. Tripps, was our first choice RB was sold. He wasn't good but was better than Aurier.

I blame Levy for this terrible mess.

Last edited:
Let's get UNICEF on our sweatshop made shirts so we can look down on other supporters. Premier league trophy on your shirt? Pff, it's no UNICEF

So. 18 years and 1 League cup later, we now seem as far away as ever.
So many missed opportunities.
Half the team wanting out.
A manager unable or unwilling to continue working his magic.
So close, but never prepared for the extra push.

And here we are today

How this man can turn up at the most expensive football venue in the world and look our supporters in the eye is beyond me.

How so many of those supporters continue to give him a free pass is even more bizarre.

New owners, new manager, new team, new mentality.

Or we'll be having the same conversations 20 years from now.
Always the managers fault, never the owners who also pick the managers :angryscouser:

I'm starting to wonder at what point all those spitting feathers and demanding Poch's sacking will turn their anger on the man responsible for keeping him in charge?

:angryscouser:
Who knows?! Even when they want the manager gone & list reasons why he is a crap manager. They still give a pass to the people who picked him & haven't fired him despite them saying we are turning in to a shambles under their pick. Which is all the evidence you need to show that they are totally biased & refuse to accept any criticism of levy/owners. Game over.
Fair play to the ones who hate poch & want him gone, but will also criticise levy/owners for choosing another crap manager & for not sacking him. At least they can admit when owners/levy have made mistakes.

Who knows?! Even when they want the manager gone & list reasons why he is a crap manager. They still give a pass to the people who picked him & haven't fired him despite them saying we are turning in to a shambles under their pick. Which is all the evidence you need to show that they are totally biased & refuse to accept any criticism of levy/owners. Game over.
It's a kind of Stockholm Syndrome.
People know who's holding all the cards and pulling all the strings. But they just can't bring themselves to condemn the man responsible.

:sonhmm:

I think it's time for a change tbh.

It's almost 20 years since ENIC bought the club and it's actually been the most baron 20 years in the clubs history.
Yes your right it's shit but the excuse makers are always out in force with such classics as the threat of Brexit has concerned the club in the previous years and has destabilised everyone, or the broadwater farm riots has led to players and management slightly nervous so please bear with us while we still come to terms with it.
There are posters on here who are not bothered about winning anything as long as the club is stable they are happy, but what sort of lily livered level of ambition is that so in other words don't spend too much and we can save a few Bob just in case 30 year's time we might have football recession and we might then have a chance of winning something.
Even if that was the case and there was two teams left financially stronger we would still end up finishing third in a two team league you have to smile it's the hope that gets us. :levylol: :levylol: :dude: :levywhoa:

Last edited:
I don't care if it's an Arab, a Russian, an Englishman, an Irishman or a Scotsman.

But we need a new mentality at the club from top to bottom. One that says we ain't fucking happy with just settling forever being the bridesmaids so long as the balance sheet tops everyone else's.
One that says I don't fucking care if we were shit in the 90s and be careful what you wish for.

We'll only get that with new owners, I'm afraid.

Your talking absolute fantasy thou? You are saying if we get new owners we will become competitive, how do you know that for a fact? For every Abramovich or Saudi Prince there is a Randy Learner or a Toni Fernandes. Even the Glaziers seem to be simply sucking the money out of United. Do you remember where we were when Levy Spurs? Do you give no acknowledgment to the training ground or Stadium? Do you think they were easy projects to under take? You may not care about some oppressive head of state or royal family but I fucking do. I’m not going to say your wrong but I simply don’t get that mind set.

Success at any costs? No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom