Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely no one outside of football commentators calls it that

The Oakland Raiders site calling it the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

The first line of the commentary in the video calls it that.

Here's American News Channel NBC...

How about the Chicago Bears site?

Shall we try CNN?...

Would you like more? Because there is more.

No what you are arguing is that Tottenham Hotpur will remain the primary tenant and that this is a continuation of past involvements when it reality it will cease to be that the moment a NFL franchise becomes established there. Learn the difference.

No you suggested that this was comparable to boxing, baseball and NFL being previously played at WHL - that this was a continuation of before and that most stadiums were multi purpose. The reality is actually completely different because most stadiums cannot convert directly into another sporting venue because unlike ours they weren't designed for that. Keep trying.

It does so in the mind of that audience - if their exposure to that venue is with the NFL and via an NFL franchise being based, why would they associate it with anything else?

Strawman ahoy! No I don't believe that which is why I didn't suggest it- what I was referencing is the North American market which comprises of that figure but keeping going.

Market it to who exactly? If this is so integral to the branding of the football club why are they looking to securing a sponsorship deal?

Even if by some incredible turn of events we don't continue to be the primary tenant to the stadium. How will it change the situation we are currently in? Will we play less games there? Will we have to uproots and leave? Groundshare?

Sorry mate I just don't get why this primary/ secondary tenant thing is an issue.

No what you are arguing is that Tottenham Hotpur will remain the primary tenant and that this is a continuation of past involvements when it reality it will cease to be that the moment a NFL franchise becomes established there. Learn the difference.

No you suggested that this was comparable to boxing, baseball and NFL being previously played at WHL - that this was a continuation of before and that most stadiums were multi purpose. The reality is actually completely different because most stadiums cannot convert directly into another sporting venue because unlike ours they weren't designed for that. Keep trying.

It does so in the mind of that audience - if their exposure to that venue is with the NFL and via an NFL franchise being based, why would they associate it with anything else?

Strawman ahoy! No I don't believe that which is why I didn't suggest it- what I was referencing is the North American market which comprises of that figure but keeping going.

Market it to who exactly? If this is so integral to the branding of the football club why are they looking to securing a sponsorship deal?
Mate, you are drowning.

See above for more evidence of your complete lack of any kind of knowledge on the subject.

''Absolutely no one''.

Yes we are looking for a naming rights deal and rightly so. We. Didn't call it the London arena or anything that detaches the name of the club and the stadium, we could have called it anything but we went with our name. Even though we are looking for a naming Right deal etc why do those things you've pointed out matter? Will we still be playing all of our home games there? Will the pitch be exactly the same one we play on at present? Will it still hold 62,000 an drew be based in N17?

I really don't understand why people have issues with us making the most of a stadium that sits empty 13 out of 14 days on average a year. The NFL games recently raked in a rumoured £4m+ in food and drink revenue, add a London based NFL franchise an drew that's roughly an extra £20m a season. Add to that the inevitable commercial partnership revenue that can and will come with that an drew the money will start to show the worth behind it all.

An extra £20m in food and drink sales alone. For anyone saying that's nothing imagine what a team like Bolton would say to that kind of money at the moment. Boxing is another, people will come, enjoy it and it will sway them.

I believe we have a license that allows us to host 20-25 extra events per year, in food and drink revenue that could equate to £50m on top of what we as a football club make, that's the figure we are rumoured to have had to pay off each year until we received our long term bond agreement earlier this month.

PL football, eGaming, NFL, Boxing, concerts, abseiling, diving tank fans and business conferences compared to just a football stadium. 8 revenue stream avenues instead of just the 1. It makes complete business sense to do so and it will add numbers to our fan base, make the area better, add commercial value where we lack it makes complete sense to me it then some will disagree and that's fine, that's their right to.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck if they play NFL in the place every night of the year Tottenham aren't playing it's a great business plan if it works out but the reality for me is that I couldn't give a fuck how much money ENIC make I'm not an ENIC supporter or detractor any more than I am a Vodafone supporter it's just a business.

I'm a Spurs fan who feels that any money made at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium from NHL will have nothing to do with Tottenham, it's good business for ENIC but not necessarily for Tottenham , If this additional ENIC revenue does find it's way into Spurs coffers then I will be the first to eulogize Levy but until that happens he won't get any special credit for me for hosting NFL matches in a stadium he part owns.

As far as the stadium being called the Tottenham Hotspur stadium goes it's fairly unimpressive for me considering Levy will want it globally known as the (enter the name of the highest bidder here ) stadium, again that's not a dig at him.

The Oakland Raiders site calling it the Tottenham Hotspurs stadium.

The first line of the commnetary in the video calls it that.

Here's American News Channel NBC...

How about the Chicago Bears site?

Shall we try CNN?...

Would you like more? Because there is more.

Are you really that stupid? What else are commentators i.e the media going to call it especially the US outlets? That’s its name - no else does, no supporter calls it that and even some in the British sporting press dont.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck if they play NFL in the place every night of the year Tottenham aren't playing it's a great business plan if it works out but the reality for me is that I couldn't give a fuck how much money ENIC make I'm not an ENIC supporter or detractor any more than I am a Vodafone supporter it's just a business.

I'm a Spurs fan who feels that any money made at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium from NHL will have nothing to do with Tottenham, it's good business for ENIC but not necessarily for Tottenham , If this additional ENIC revenue does find it's way into Spurs coffers then I will be the first to eulogize Levy but until that happens he won't get any special credit for me for hosting NFL matches in a stadium he part owns.

As far as the stadium being called the Tottenham Hotspur stadium goes it's fairly unimpressive for me considering Levy will want it globally known as the (enter the name of the highest bidder here ) stadium, again that's not a dig at him.

Makes sense, it's all pie in the sky until an actual franchise comes over here but the extra global exposure I feel will only help the club grow as a sports brand. I've been watching our twitter account closely, it's rapidly been growing in numbers (it's not on 3.8m which is a fair old amount more since the turn of the year. I'll try and track down growth numbers an drew percentages somewhere but I really wouldn't be surprised if we've had a very big spike since the stadium opened. It all adds to fan base and commercial gain, all of which goes on the clubs bottom line.

What happens thereafter with an NFL franchise I have no idea, you do make very valid points and it's something I'll keep my eye on as time goes on.

Are you really that stupid? What else are commentators i.e the media going to call it especially the US outlets? That’s its name - no else does, no supporter calls it that and even some in the British sporting press dont.
Hahaha, them goalposts heavy?

Gone from ''absolutely no one outside football commentators call it that'' to ''no supporter calls it that''.

Dunno about you pal, but the Oakland Raiders, Chicago Bears, CNN and NBC aren't football commentators, last I looked.

Even if by some incredible turn of events we don't continue to be the primary tenant to the stadium. How will it change the situation we are currently in? Will we play less games there? Will we have to uproots and leave? Groundshare?

Sorry mate I just don't get why this primary/ secondary tenant thing is an issue.

Again the point is about the distinction between previous sorting events being held at WHL and a NFL being established there. They are in no way comparable. And the moment another sporting franchise becomes established there it ceases to be just our home. Again I don’t particularly care most new grounds are some what detached from the club the my house. The point is about this being the same as before when it is clearly not.

Again the point is about the distinction between previous sorting events being held at WHL and a NFL being established there. They are in no way comparable. And the moment another sporting franchise becomes established there it ceases to be just our home. Again I don’t particularly care most new grounds are some what detached from the club the my house. The point is about this being the same as before when it is clearly not.
Where has anyone said it'll be ''just our home''?

EDIT - You seem to have started multiple arguments against things no one has said and littered it with provably false bollocks.

Last edited:
Hahaha, them goalposts heavy?

Gone from ''absolutely no one outside football commentators call it that'' to ''no supporter calls it that''.

Dunno about you pal, but the Oakland Raiders, Chicago Bears, CNN and NBC aren't football commentators, last I looked.

No you got me -i clearly didn’t mean the media and evidently suggested the US outlets wouldn’t refer to it as that. And those clubs press departments also don’t count - they are not associated in the media in any way.

Nailed it.
The outstanding debt, which is expected to inolve a low interest 30 year repayment term, could be levied against the football club or any susidiary of it, which may or may not include any future subsidiaries, either purchased or in association with Tottenham Hotspur Ltd through the majority shareholder, ENIC international Ltd.
This could well include a permanent UK based NFL franchise. Likewise, at a later date, Tottenham Hotspur Ltd could be sold regardless of wether the banking arrangements are still levied against the foorball club.
In short, ENIC own the stadium, and are currently responsible for the repayment agreements, and they own Tottenham Hotspur Ltd.
The new naming rights deal, together with the probable NFL franchise, means any future relationship between Tottenham Hotspur, the stadium and the debt is completely unpredictable and open to conjecture

Nope.

The bond holders would not permit the stadium to be sold separately from Tottenham Hotspur Ltd (which includes he club) whilst the bonds are still outstanding.....which they are for something like 30 years. And that will be in the bond legal documentation.

No you got me -i clearly didn’t mean the media and evidently suggested the US outlets wouldn’t refer to it as that. And those clubs press departments also don’t count - they are not associated in the media in any way.
So you're speaking on behalf of those people of which it cannot be proven they don't currently call it that.

I'm wondering now, who these ''absolutely no one'' people are? You've dropped the entire population of USA and Canada, but it's impossible to prove those within that population, who follow the NFL, aren't aware it's called the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Which is convenient, if you are just talking shit.

All the evidence suggests that they are aware due to the information providers calling it that.

Do you know who follows, watches and reads the US news outlets and Club Press Departments?...

...PEOPLE!

A mad notion I know.

tenor.gif
1200px-New_Orleans_Pelicans_logo.svg.png

Ok. Maybe you disagree.
But based on the evidence in my previous post, I believe a single UK based NFL franchise will be more lucrative, marketable, and profitable than a Premier League football club.
And that's the reason, in my opinion, ENIC are so desperate to land it.
The words of our Head of marketing, which I quoted to you this morning, pretty much confirm that.

But since the bond holders will not permit the separation of the football club ( which produces the only income currently capable of repaying the bonds) from the stadium ownership ( and that remains true until bonds are repaid in 30 years) then the NFL franchise (assuming there is one in the future) if it chooses to play at NWHL will simply be paying rent to play at the stadium.

But since the bond holders will not permit the separation of the football club ( which produces the only income currently capable of repaying the bonds) from the stadium ownership ( and that remains true until bonds are repaid in 30 years) then the NFL franchise (assuming there is one in the future) if it chooses to play at NWHL will simply be paying rent to play at the stadium.

source.gif

Where has anyone said it'll be ''just our home''?

EDIT - You seem to have started multiple arguments against things no one has said and littered it with provably false bollocks.

I said that - although you are doing your level best to insinuate it

It is a MULTI-PURPOSE sports ground, as it always has been. Like pretty much every major sports ground in the world. Like the old White Hart Lane.

It’s just like the old WHL -if the old WHL had a retractable NFL pitch, purpose built NFL facilities and was vying to home a NFL.Apart from that it’s exactly the same!

Naming the fucking stadium after a football team, naming the local train station after the football team, will hold mainly football, has historical artefacts of the football team adorning it. But...

...it's not primarily a football stadium.

Its definitely a football stadium ....... apart from when the ground actually transforms in a American football stadium and becomes an NFL franchise. It’s still primarily a football stadium it’s just they are confused as to what they are.

I said that - although you are doing your level best to insinuate it

It’s just like the old WHL -if the old WHL had a retractable NFL pitch, purpose built NFL facilities and was vying to home a NFL.Apart from that it’s exactly the same!

Its definitely a football stadium ....... apart from when the ground actually transforms in a American football stadium and becomes an NFL franchise. It’s still primarily a football stadium it’s just they are confused as to what they are.
I repeat the question that you have skirted around, where and who called it "just a football stadium" or "just our home".

You realise the retractable pitch is also designed to hold rugby as mentioned on our website? Again, multi sport.

I, and others, have at every juncture, called it PRIMARILY a football stadium. Of which it is, was and always will be. Just like the old ground.

th

They called it the Tottenham Hotpspur stadium clearly because they wanted a functionary title that wouldn't become associated it and in turn limit the potential sponsorship revenues. Absolutely no one outside of football commentators calls it that and even they refer to it as the 'new stadium' which is essentially what it is referred to by most (which means they have been effective in the aim).

The potential revenues generated by this association (which much like the stadium itself is grossly exaggerated by the supporter base) are irreverent to the point here. The suggestion is that this is a continuation of previous sporting involvements when it evidently is not,

The genius of calling the stadium the Tottenham Hotspur stadium is that for the last week all US commentators commenting on the 2 NFL games have made Tottenham Hotspur far more well known in North America than Spurs have ever been.

If we announce a naming rights deal in the next ,3 months with a company with US connections it will be for a much larger amount of money than 3 months ago.

But if the plan is to use the permitted 25 non football events to be held at the stadium for internationally televised events we might hear Tottenham Hotspur stadium being broadcast around the world with greater exposure of Spurs football team.

Could be genius marketing of Spurs (football team )

Back
Top Bottom