Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Still undecided. It’s always difficult when a manager struggles to turn it around but we know Poch has turned water into wine before it’s just whether how he was for the first few years at the club he can get back or if it’s over
Poch has turned water into wine.
Thats a fucking great analogy Tomo Tomo mate, don't know why I didn't think of it myself.
I'll definately remember the phrase in the future though.

Why would you wait for January for new players instead of waiting for January to see if Sessengon, Lo Celso and Ndombele have settled into the team yet?

Don’t they count anymore?

New new new players!!!!!

Even with those players it's pretty obvious the squad has gaps (or soon to be gaps) that need to be filled in the next two transfer windows

Don’t hold your breath waiting for a response

He’s got fuck all.
Does it every year, well this one is going to run and run.

Sick to death of this fucking nonsense. People claiming “squad x, y and z” are ten times better than ours and they can’t even name the fucking starting 11 of these clubs, let along the back up.

How much of a cunt does someone have to be to have an argument that basically says:
Lampard and Emery have been backed more than Poch because those players I’ve never heard of, don’t know their name and never seen play who sit on their bench are better than Sanchez and Moura and Foyth”

And this is what you get, from dickheads on forums, to dickhead pundits, to dickhead journalists, all following each other and smugly thinking they have something clever to say.

Scratch the surface though and what’s left?

Silence

So Poch has to either pick players he doesn’t rate (or at least thinks they aren’t ready) or pick players he does rate, but who won’t play for him. It’s all well banging on about “young and hungry” players, but that’s just cant and romanticism. Players have to be of a certain standard to play for Spurs, and if the up and comers aren’t up to that standard then why should he play them? He’s trying to win football matches, not appease a few bellyachers on a football forum. Remember Colchester? He’s hardly going to try that again.

Having said that I can’t see a future for Poch at Spurs. We can argue all day and all night about whether he’s been backed or not, but it’s unarguable that he has delivered on his his original remit - in spades - ahead of time - and if you believe that to be true then you must look at other factors outside of his control to understand why we are where we are. I think he wanted us to behave like a big club - and we haven’t done so. I hope his departure from the club is handled better than Martin Jol’s. The guy deserves better than that.
Thats a fucking top, top post Joe Clash Joe Clash
One of your best ever.
You get the JT seal of approval for that one mate

Says the man who hates football posting on a football forum.
Yes, I do hate modern football. But I’m posting on a Spurs forum. Love Spurs - hate modern football.

And wheeling out Sammy’s mentalist shite hardly makes you a player. Just get back to licking his boots. I’d like to carry on shooting the shit with other Spurs fans if that’s ok with you?

Why because that’s what Poch told you

No, because several current first team players contracts expire in 8 months and they don't look like they will resign.

You can of course replace players from within, except our youth teams are also getting beaten every week. They aren't good enough, so we need to replace those leaving by signing players.

Let’s look at the players you wanted over the last few years then shall we?

Shaw
Berahino
Schniderlin
Bony
Zaha
Barkley
Martial
Thats funny, I've always thought Luke Shaw was a fat lump of shit.

Sammy on smashing form today

giphy.gif

Thats funny, I've always thought Luke Shaw was a fat lump of shit.

Sammy on smashing form today

giphy.gif

Hahahahaha
I take it back. Easy mistake to make but glad you agree with the rest of the trash, some of which are even worse than Luke Shaw that you wanted us to break the bank for.
You think that taking Shaw out of the equation changes a thing? Twat

The fact you think you are sparring with me is hilarious.

You have been pounded senseless John.

Everyone knows it. Even your cronies don’t want none of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom