Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
For me it’s just a mix of things. Contract issues, injuries, three different home stadiums, an ageing squad in a tactical system designed for youthful players, unhelpful comments from Pochettino, changes to the wage structure, and perhaps most significantly, the psychological effect of losing the CL final.

I think that last point has hit Pochettino and the players hard. They got within touching distance of the ultimate prize in club football. Pochettino probably thought it was destiny. After all the talk about the players having ‘big balls’ in the QF and SF, it’s probably all very awkward after their castrated performance in the final.

I still think we should stick by him. This is going to be a transitional season whether under him or a new manager, so we might as well give him the chance to work with the new signings.

When Liverpool lost to RM in the UCL Final they went out and improved their squad by addressing their biggest weakness with a world class player at that position (Alisson). We didn’t go that.

When Liverpool lost to RM in the UCL Final they went out and improved their squad by addressing their biggest weakness with a world class player at that position (Alisson). We didn’t go that.
If Poch brought Alisson instead he'd find a way to bench him bring him on at 70 minuites and then play him at left back.

But you’re only saying that because under Poch, Ndombele looks like a massive fat slug.

He was the one that was supposed to solve 50% of our problems.
Selling Trippier was meant to solve the other 50%

And keeping Eriksen was priority over both.

But rich blaming the window again, when no one (except myself) gave a shit that Lo Celso wasn’t getting a game in the first few weeks.

Isn't our net spend less than Liverpool's?

What did Leicester spend in the 18 months before they won the league?
It is
And the dippers had to sell their star player to fund some of it. And despite winning the CL, no one of note signed this summer.
Apparently that's backing the manager compared to us

Or just maybe we thought we would rather keep him for this season and let him go for free rather than sell him for less than his buy out clause? After all he has played every game so far this season , so in theory levy is prepared to lose out on £15-£20 million to keep a decent defender for one last season knowing full well he can walk for free in the summer? Or does that not suit your anti levy agenda ? :levystare:

We're going round in circles now.
My point of view was based on the theory Poch wanted him and other players out so he could bring in younger, hungrier players.

But you’re only saying that because under Poch, Ndombele looks like a massive fat slug.

He was the one that was supposed to solve 50% of our problems.
Selling Trippier was meant to solve the other 50%

And keeping Eriksen was priority over both.

But rich blaming the window again, when no one (except myself) gave a shit that Lo Celso wasn’t getting a game in the first few weeks.

This wasn't a great window, it was actually terrible when you put it in context with 2 absolute fucking squad killing windows.

Basically we signed 1 first team player in Ndombele.
GLC is on loan. If Poch gets sacked, he'll end up back at Betis
Sessegnon looks decent (looked) but is one for 3 years time IMO.

We fell really far behind in those 2 shocker windows. We fell years behind liverpool and city and we're even miles off Chelsea now.

I don't care if it was Levy being a tight cunt, Poch being s stupid cunt, brexit, whatever. The last 3 windows have ruined what was great.

We're going round in circles now.
My point of view was based on the theory Poch wanted him and other players out so he could bring in younger, hungrier players.
We have Sanchez though , but poch is determined to play him out of position , the season when Toby was injured and Sanchez got a decent run of games he looked like a decent CB next to Jan a left sided CB, unfortunately when playing him next to Toby or as a RB he hasn’t looked so great, and if poch really wants rid of certain players why not send levy a message and not pick them? It’s clear Eriskens heart isn’t in it any more but we still pick him, maybe if he decided to cull anyone from the squad who doesn’t want to be here and replace them even with youth players then I doubt we would be doing any worse than we have been?

It is
And the dippers had to sell their star player to fund some of it. And despite winning the CL, no one of note signed this summer.
Van Dijk 76 Million
Allison 57 Million
Keita 54 Million
Fabinho 41 Million
Salah 38 Million
Mane 37 Million (wanted by Poch)
Ox 34 Million
Wijnaldun 25 Million (wanted by Poch)

Pochettino. 0 signings last summer. Even on the back of securing CL qualification away at Wembley and despite Poch's pleading..
0 signings in January, despite the squad starting to look jaded and Poch begging even more.
1 signing this summer + Jack clarke up until fucking deadline day where we scrambled in a loanee and another so called prospect.

Pochettino now forced to make do and juggle with a bunch of players seeing out the last years of their contracts. Forced to keep the players he wanted the club to sell so he could re-invest.

Wether Liverpool sold Coutinho or not, you know damn well Klopp has been given more backing by his board than Poch.

You're part of this weird faction that will spin anything to detract from any criticism whatsoever aimed at the board.

This wasn't a great window, it was actually terrible when you put it in context with 2 absolute fucking squad killing windows.

We fell really far behind in those 2 shocker windows. We fell years behind liverpool and city and we're even miles off Chelsea now.

I don't care if it was Levy being a tight cunt, Poch being s stupid cunt, brexit, whatever. The last 3 windows have ruined what was great.

Hindsight much?

Liverpool didn’t sign anyone, so why are they flying?

Spurs spent £3/400m of current revenue on the new stadium to keep borrowing down to the £637m recently re-packaged, meant transfer spending constrained.

For me it’s just a mix of things. Contract issues, injuries, three different home stadiums, an ageing squad in a tactical system designed for youthful players, unhelpful comments from Pochettino, changes to the wage structure, and perhaps most significantly, the psychological effect of losing the CL final.

I think that last point has hit Pochettino and the players hard. They got within touching distance of the ultimate prize in club football. Pochettino probably thought it was destiny. After all the talk about the players having ‘big balls’ in the QF and SF, it’s probably all very awkward after their castrated performance in the final.

I still think we should stick by him. This is going to be a transitional season whether under him or a new manager, so we might as well give him the chance to work with the new signings.
Excellent post

Hindsight much?

Liverpool didn’t sign anyone, so why are they flying?

Because they had previously made the right signings. We haven't.

Because their coach uses his players to the best of their ability. Ours doesn't (or no longer does it anyway).

Because their players have the belief they can beat anyone. Ours don't and it's not like they're even trying anymore.

It is
Brother, the players they sign are ready to go mostly. You have to take in their huge wage structure to realise they get more hit than miss.
Poch aint backed in comparison as we pay a fraction in bread, so our policy
is restricted to young prospects that will be on half rations.
Buying +competitive top 4 wage structure = being backed bro.
( one without the other is a blunt tomohawk)

Lo Celso didn't get a game because we didn't get him in until an hour before the deadline, meaning he was miles off being up to scratch with Pochs tactics/fitness. This all despite the fact he was clearly a major target for the manager, but Levy just would not budge until he could agree this stupid loan deal which means we'll probably lose him next Summer anyway if we don't get Champions league.
If this had been Liverpool or City they would have stumped up the money and got him in in June/July, and don't even try and argue otherwise.

Van Dijk 76 Million
Allison 57 Million
Keita 54 Million
Fabinho 41 Million
Salah 38 Million
Mane 37 Million (wanted by Poch)
Ox 34 Million
Wijnaldun 25 Million (wanted by Poch)

Pochettino. 0 signings last summer. Even on the back of securing CL qualification away at Wembley and despite Poch's pleading..
0 signings in January, despite the squad starting to look jaded and Poch begging even more.
1 signing this summer + Jack clarke up until fucking deadline day where we scrambled in a loanee and another so called prospect.

Pochettino now forced to make do and juggle with a bunch of players seeing out the last years of their contracts. Forced to keep the players he wanted the club to sell so he could re-invest.

Wether Liverpool sold Coutinho or not, you know damn well Klopp has been given more backing by his board than Poch.

You're part of this weird faction that will spin anything to detract from any criticism whatsoever aimed at the board.
Not at all, perfectly willing to criticise Levy when deserved (Stratford, for example). But it is a fact , and you only deal in them, apparently( and at risk of sounding a wee bit Benitez), thats over the period that Klopp has been in charge at the dippers , that our net spend is higher.

It is a fact that some of this was covered by selling the player that was considered their star man at the time(hence a few higher fees)

It is a fact that Klopp took them to a champions league final on a net spend of 700k.

They do better at getting decent fees for the players they sell....which is on Levy. This means they can pay out slightly higher fees generally. But this idea that Liverpool have provided exemplary backing for Klopp and we haven't provided any backing for Pochettino is horseshit. The two clubs have a similar transfer policy, low net spend, with the majority of funds coming from sales.
They've just been better at it. Which , as I've said many times, is on Pochettino, Hitchen, McDermott AND Levy. The clubs transfer group.

Edited to add:

1)I want Pochettino to stay. I think issues we have currently are down to him, but I think he deserves the chance to fix it. I'm reminded of Fergusons struggles at Man Utd in his 4th year. I also think it'll make or break him as a top level manager

2) If there is a weird little cult round here, btw, it's people that WANTED stratford. People that Wanted us to do what the gooners did all those years. Wanted us to do what Milton Keynes Gobshites did. Wanted us to be a shitty little Skidmark on the gusset of footballs y-fronts.

Last edited:
Because they had previously made the right signings. We haven't.

No, because theyve used their signings wisely. Instead of Sanchez now being our most influential CB like he would be if Klopp had signed him, he´s a mere benchwarmer playing RB

Instead of Moura being our Mane, he´s a mere benchwarmer, like Nkoudou

Instead of Ndombele being a marauding box to box like he was at Lyin and is for France, he´s the invisible man

Look at Alexander Arnolds development. Now look at KWPs

Because their coach uses his players to the best of their ability. Ours doesn't (or no longer does it anyway).
Spot on

Because their players have the belief they can beat anyone. Ours don't and it's not like they're even trying anymore.
How more can they try in a system they cant perform in?
They are done

Lo Celso didn't get a game because we didn't get him in until an hour before the deadline, meaning he was miles off being up to scratch with Pochs tactics/fitness.

So why do people think January signings can help us? When will they help....next season?

This all despite the fact he was clearly a major target for the manager, but Levy just would not budge until he could agree this stupid loan deal which means we'll probably lose him next Summer anyway if we don't get Champions league.
So the manager was backed with his long term target then. Good

If this had been Liverpool or City they would have stumped up the money and got him in in June/July, and don't even try and argue otherwise.
Liverpool didnt sign anyone and City are owned by a Country

Fully prepared to be shot down and ate.

If Poch does go (which I don’t want, I want spurs to have all the success available under Poch’s reign) then I would snap your hand off for Mourinho.

Granted he’s had his negative moments, but the guy is a serial winner. He got United to 82 points and only 28 goals conceded with a poor team. He won the UCL with Porto!

I want Poch to stay, but we could do a lot worse than Jose. Him or Allegri are the levels of manager we should be aiming for. Not Howe.

Back
Top Bottom