New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calling it now in 10 years time the stadium will be mostly for NFL and spurs just An after fault, anyone who thinks this extra money will be invested back in the squad need a reality check

ENIC have been after the American market for years with sports, I happen to agree with you, they want to make this ground an entertainment venue, football will be an afterthought when compared to the amount of money something like the NFL can bring in, we are talking about a sport that brings in DOUBLE the amount of revenue and teams don't even have to be successful to make huge amounts of profit so if they are successful in this venture then yeah, I think they will be fully focused on that.

It's a no brainer, always makes me laugh when our supporters think that this stadium was built to bring this club success in terms of trophies, that was never the case and it's not going to change under ENIC imo, as long as we remain profitable then they will remain happy.

ENIC have been after the American market for years with sports, I happen to agree with you, they want to make this ground an entertainment venue, football will be an afterthought when compared to the amount of money something like the NFL can bring in, we are talking about a sport that brings in DOUBLE the amount of revenue and teams don't even have to be successful to make huge amounts of profit so if they are successful in this venture then yeah, I think they will be fully focused on that.

It's a no brainer, always makes me laugh when our supporters think that this stadium was built to bring this club success in terms of trophies, that was never the case and it's not going to change under ENIC imo, as long as we remain profitable then they will remain happy.
So to be clear it's better to not be profitable?

So to be clear it's better to not be profitable?
I didn't say that did I? I am saying that it shouldn't be everything when talking about a sport, you have to have ambition to win things as well, otherwise it's just a successful and profitable business and whilst that makes sure the club never liquidates (which is a near impossibility in this day and age in the PL anyway) it certainly doesn't bring success on the pitch, unless you have examples of clubs that are run like us that have constant success on the pitch? Or have ever?

I get that some of our fanbase like to touch themselves to pictures of Levy whilst thinking about profit margins but that's not the reason I watch a competitive sport tbh, I watch it so the club that I love, that has survived through numerous owners, can actually show ambition to win trophies, which is the entire point of sports in the first place, isn't it? Or is it just "Glory hunters" that think about trophies?

Players couldn't give a fuck about the sustainability of a club or profits, they want trophies and so do managers, our supporters keep thinking we will have success whilst ignoring the basic concept of why these people play the sport in the first place, to win things, they have ambition.

Levy and ENIC have ambition as well but imo it isn't to win trophies, it's to improve the profits of the club and make us a sustainable long term business model that has a good turnover, some people think that will eventually lead to success, I would then ask, point me to a club that runs a debt free profitable business model and still wins trophies.

I didn't say that did I? I am saying that it shouldn't be everything when talking about a sport, you have to have ambition to win things as well, otherwise it's just a successful and profitable business and whilst that makes sure the club never liquidates (which is a near impossibility in this day and age in the PL anyway) it certainly doesn't bring success on the pitch, unless you have examples of clubs that are run like us that have constant success on the pitch? Or have ever?

I get that some of our fanbase like to touch themselves to pictures of Levy whilst thinking about profit margins but that's not the reason I watch a competitive sport tbh, I watch it so the club that I love, that has survived through numerous owners, can actually show ambition to win trophies, which is the entire point of sports in the first place, isn't it? Or is it just "Glory hunters" that think about trophies?

Players couldn't give a fuck about the sustainability of a club or profits, they want trophies and so do managers, our supporters keep thinking we will have success whilst ignoring the basic concept of why these people play the sport in the first place, to win things, they have ambition.

Levy and ENIC have ambition as well but imo it isn't to win trophies, it's to improve the profits of the club and make us a sustainable long term business model that has a good turnover, some people think that will eventually lead to success, I would then ask, point me to a club that runs a debt free profitable business model and still wins trophies.

Completely retarded post. everyone has a sustainable business model except for city and chelsea. Even they are trying to be self sufficient.

Why are fans so opposed to nfl being played at our stadium? Whats the harm if spurs make some money out of it?

Completely retarded post. everyone has a sustainable business model except for city and chelsea. Even they are trying to be self sufficient.

Why are fans so opposed to nfl being played at our stadium? Whats the harm if spurs make some money out of it?

Using the word "retarded" in a post is a great way to start a counter argument btw, really makes me want to sit and digest what you are saying.

I didn't just say sustainable, I said, profitable with a good turnover and debt free, point me to a club that does that and has constant success on the pitch.

I am not opposed to it, I am an NFL fan and have been for over 20 years, I am not opposed to us making money from it either but I don't trust ENIC to not allow it to become the main focus, that's the issue here, our football team, the thing that matters the most here, will not see the investment from all this extra money imo, it goes against the business model of ENIC which is, imo, to make us a debt free profitable business first and foremost.

Because it’s not spurs making more money out of it, it’s Enic, the money won’t be invested in the squad, we will get told the extra money is getting used to pay the stadium off, and there will come a time when NFL is making more money than THFC, then it’s just basic economy and football will take a back seat to the NFL

Because it’s not spurs making more money out of it, it’s Enic, the money won’t be invested in the squad, we will get told the extra money is getting used to pay the stadium off, and there will come a time when NFL is making more money than THFC, then it’s just basic economy and football will take a back seat to the NFL

You mean "Socceeeeeeer" right?

DQCVeRlVoAAsDCp.jpg

Horseshit. Enic dont have an nfl team and never will. They can only offer a stadium to an existing team

Using the word "retarded" in a post is a great way to start a counter argument btw, really makes me want to sit and digest what you are saying.

I didn't just say sustainable, I said, profitable with a good turnover and debt free, point me to a club that does that and has constant success on the pitch.

I am not opposed to it, I am an NFL fan and have been for over 20 years, I am not opposed to us making money from it either but I don't trust ENIC to not allow it to become the main focus, that's the issue here, our football team, the thing that matters the most here, will not see the investment from all this extra money imo, it goes against the business model of ENIC which is, imo, to make us a debt free profitable business first and foremost.

How are we debt free? Were one of the most in debt team in the league!

How can nfl become main focus when they dont have an nfl team.

We built a stadium with bells and whistles to bring in bit of extra cash. Calm down dear it belongs to the football club

Horseshit. Enic dont have an nfl team and never will. They can only offer a stadium to an existing team
If the money is invested into the team and transfer funds then it’s all good , I just don’t see it myself , for the next 25 years we will be told the money is going into paying off debt ... it’s a bit like the dartford crossing , charges were only meant to be applied until the crossing had been paid for , yet it still costs me £2 to go over or under the fucker how many years later? :levylol:
I guess the next few windows we will see if levy and ENIC are prepared to take the club to the next level , as it ain’t going to be cheap, and is the risk / reward worth it for them when they can just keep us ticking over with top 4 and NFL money and be onto a winner financially

If the money is invested into the team and transfer funds then it’s all good , I just don’t see it myself , for the next 25 years we will be told the money is going into paying off debt ... it’s a bit like the dartford crossing , charges were only meant to be applied until the crossing had been paid for , yet it still costs me £2 to go over or under the fucker how many years later? :levylol:
I guess the next few windows we will see if levy and ENIC are prepared to take the club to the next level , as it ain’t going to be cheap, and is the risk / reward worth it for them when they can just keep us ticking over with top 4 and NFL money and be onto a winner financially

We aint getting to 4 aytime sooon with some major cash spent.

Back
Top Bottom