New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Deal was revealed about two years ago .... twenty games over ten years, the NFL made a token contribution to the stadium costs, 10m or there about.

The NFL pay a match-day fee, not disclosed but based on TV coverage among other things, the attendance, food, drink profits will be split 50-50 (so after all THFC costs)

The estimate at the time was around 750k per game (similar to Wembley) but that's way under ... looking at the football numbers it will be closer to 2m per fixture. Not a game changer for us but still money.

On top of that THFC get the naming rights, sponsorship, advertising deals that are generic to NWHL and not specifically NHL, that for example could add millions to a naming rights deal .... also we now have a multi-use second surface that can be used for many other events, without the NFL that may not exist.

In the very long term the dream is an NHL franchise, they turnover 500m and more a year, getting 50% of that would be very nice indeed.

Here's a pretty decent summary from January 2018

The finances behind Tottenham's hosting of NFL games - Tifo Football

We wouldnt get 50pc of an nfl franchise money into spurs. We may take a fees for hosting. Long term i doubt they would do a profit split. The nfl owner wouldnt move all the way out here for less revenue.

I reckon we would get 25 to 50m tops to have an nfl team here. Its good money tbh. But not earthshattering.

Last edited:
The Deal was revealed about two years ago .... twenty games over ten years, the NFL made a token contribution to the stadium costs, 10m or there about.

The NFL pay a match-day fee, not disclosed but based on TV coverage among other things, the attendance, food, drink profits will be split 50-50 (so after all THFC costs)

The estimate at the time was around 750k per game (similar to Wembley) but that's way under ... looking at the football numbers it will be closer to 2m per fixture. Not a game changer for us but still money.

On top of that THFC get the naming rights, sponsorship, advertising deals that are generic to NWHL and not specifically NHL, that for example could add millions to a naming rights deal .... also we now have a multi-use second surface that can be used for many other events, without the NFL that may not exist.

In the very long term the dream is an NHL franchise, they turnover 500m and more a year, getting 50% of that would be very nice indeed.

Dude, we won't be hosting ice hockey

Interesting points. It's rare to split match day revenue but like I said this is usually due to governing bodies taking all broadcast and global sponsorships rights. If we've reduced profits on match day for a split of the broadcast and are taking a hosting fee then I can see this going in our favour as more people become interested in the international fixtures.

I can't for a minute believe Levy would gamble on the chance of a NFL franchise as this very much depends on the current NFL CEO and as we know personal change and so do the plans... I imagine we will recoup our initial investment and them some regardless. Too risky otherwise.

I'm not sure how the NFL tier sponsorship but they normally have 75% (ish) which includes global sponsors, global parters, global suppliers, official supplier, etc. Nationally/locally there are then smaller areas for host specific partners...

Interesting points. It's rare to split match day revenue but like I said this is usually due to governing bodies taking all broadcast and global sponsorships rights. If we've reduced profits on match day for a split of the broadcast and are taking a hosting fee then I can see this going in our favour as more people become interested in the international fixtures.

I can't for a minute believe Levy would gamble on the chance of a NFL franchise as this very much depends on the current NFL CEO and as we know personal change and so do the plans... I imagine we will recoup our initial investment and them some regardless. Too risky otherwise.

I'm not sure how the NFL tier sponsorship but they normally have 75% (ish) which includes global sponsors, global parters, global suppliers, official supplier, etc. Nationally/locally there are then smaller areas for host specific partners...

I think the matchday split is just a short term thing. Ie 20 games over 10 years.

No way would a perm nfl team give away that much.

Could you imagine us going 50/50 with mk dons on spurs games at their stadium if we moved in for a year?

We would just give them a fixed fee and cover operational cost. Rest of cash would be ours.

I think the matchday split is just a short term thing. Ie 20 games over 10 years.

No way would a perm nfl team give away that much.

Could you imagine us going 50/50 with mk dons on spurs games at their stadium if we moved in for a year?

We would just give them a fixed fee and cover operational cost. Rest of cash would be ours.

dude, it's not about match day revenues it's about getting your team on a global stage, increasing that audience and social traffic. Having users data and knowing their profile is worth a fortune... There's then the reach which increases broadcast fees and global sponsorship rights... match day revenue is so small in the grand scheme of things... Man U isn't worth a fortune because they have a few more seats than us.. so someone giving away 100% matchday revuenes to take their brand globally is a pretty small fee to pay

dude, it's not about match day revenues it's about getting your team on a global stage, increasing that audience and social traffic. Having users data and knowing their profile is worth a fortune... There's then the reach which increases broadcast fees and global sponsorship rights... match day revenue is so small in the grand scheme of things... Man U isn't worth a fortune because they have a few more seats than us.. so someone giving away 100% matchday revuenes to take their brand globally is a pretty small fee to pay
Ive already said this. And put a figure on it.

Why dont you try and estimate the numbers behind what you just said, then we can talk.

Cos without numbers. Its all just global reach, brand recognition wishy washy bullshit.

No way will we get any of that cash. We might get a hosting fee.
And a larger stadium rights deal. We aint getting our hands on any nfl tv money or sponsor income. That would be absurd for nfl to give that away

and very unsual, I thought the earlier post said a share of the TV rights was being given but the hosting fee was based on broadcast... which sounds more likely - my miss reading.

Global sponsorship and broadcast wont be split as I initially thought. The hosting fee being based on broadcast figures sounds like a Levy deal to me.

and very unsual, I thought the earlier post said a share of the TV rights was being given but the hosting fee was based on broadcast... which sounds more likely - my miss reading.

Global sponsorship and broadcast wont be split as I initially thought. The hosting fee being based on broadcast figures sounds like a Levy deal to me.

Like i said in another post.Imagine the shoe is on the other foot.

If we needed to use MK dons stadium whilst whl is built for one season....Would MK dons get a share Spurs EPL tv money or sponsor money? No. That would be insane.

Instead we would offer them say 250k a game for use of the ground. And pay any operational costs - ie security, police, ambulance, chefs, waiters, turnstile operators etc....

Ive already said this. And put a figure on it.

Why dont you try and estimate the numbers behind what you just said, then we can talk.

Cos without numbers. Its all just global reach, brand recognition wishy washy bullshit.
lol, your figures are poppycock... you think it's a quick tippy tap on calculator to figure this out? Yeah i'm sure the team at spurs spent a few minutes down the pub working it out.

Mate I do it for a living with International Sports federations. I know how it goes, what stuff is worth and how complex these deals really are. I've seen badly negotiated ones cripple organisations whilst others have made them flourish. So you continue to pluck a few random figures out the air - not at all dim!

I wont for a minute try and put a figure on what it's really worth but it's a safe bets it's more than £1-2m a game.

Like i said in another post.Imagine the shoe is on the other foot.

If we needed to use MK dons stadium whilst whl is built for one season....Would MK dons get a share Spurs EPL tv money or sponsor money? No. That would be insane.

Instead we would offer them say 250k a game for use of the ground. And pay any operational costs - ie security, police, ambulance, chefs, waiters, turnstile operators etc....

mate you are exposing yourself as being clueless... clearly not the same things as increasing your global reach. You are talking about borrowing a stadium lol in the same country... Is that what the NFL are doing, is that what we're offering? No we're offering a global stage for fans and TV for both NFL and Tottenham. How many times did the broadcaster say "Here are the Tottenham Hotspur stadium", how many times did 'Spurs' appear on the live feed? Worth it's weight in gold

mate you are exposing yourself as being clueless... clearly not the same things as increasing your global reach

Im talking about the structure of a deal to operate.

Im not talking about the marketing and commercial oportunities. If you care to look at older posts ive already covered that.

20m on a naming rights deal. a bit of uplift on future commercial deals. extra 5m in for the 2 games per year.

If we got a perm nfl team, then maybe another 25-40m in hosting fees. So a maximum of say 75m extra a year with the nfl tie up with a perm london based deal off the top of my head.

Without perm london team id say 30m tops in extra cash flow

Care to challenge those numbers with your own?

mate you are exposing yourself as being clueless... clearly not the same things as increasing your global reach. You are talking about borrowing a stadium lol in the same country... Is that what the NFL are doing, is that what we're offering? No we're offering a global stage for fans and TV for both NFL and Tottenham. How many times did the broadcaster say "Here are the Tottenham Hotspur stadium", how many times did 'Spurs' appear on the live feed? Worth it's weight in gold

The question is how much gold. Why dont you try answering that, smarty pants

lol, your figures are poppycock... you think it's a quick tippy tap on calculator to figure this out? Yeah i'm sure the team at spurs spent a few minutes down the pub working it out.

Mate I do it for a living with International Sports federations. I know how it goes, what stuff is worth and how complex these deals really are. I've seen badly negotiated ones cripple organisations whilst others have made them flourish. So you continue to pluck a few random figures out the air - not at all dim!

I wont for a minute try and put a figure on what it's really worth but it's a safe bets it's more than £1-2m a game.

Actually, forecasting is what I do for a living. And generally speaking, you can get pretty close with fag packet calc as long as you make the right assumptions.

So let me get this straight. You say bad deals cripple businesses and good deals make them flourish? Well I never. Im awarding you the nobel prize for business.

You wont put your figures down, because you havent a fucking clue. And would prefer to hide begind global reach, marketing, brand building, engaging with fans, worth its weight in gold and all the other wishy washy crap. Let me guess, you work in marketing? Or probably sales due to the amount of shit you talk.

Calling it now in 10 years time the stadium will be mostly for NFL and spurs just An after fault, anyone who thinks this extra money will be invested back in the squad need a reality check

Back
Top Bottom