Gareth Southgate?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gareth Southgate our man?

• yes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • no

Votes: 31 93.9%

• Total voters
I do think that some of the thread titles are bordering on the ridiculous now. ( I know, I know, this from the guy who brought us the "Dear Mr Pochettino" one 😮).
I wouldn't have Gareth Southgate selling fucking pies at our beautiful new stadium. He stands for all I hate about the FA and it's internal 'mafia'.
His appointment was so much more to do with who he knew rather than what. I would be gutted and gobsmacked if he came to Spurs.

He won't even consider leaving until the end of next summer. If we do well, he will want to give the world Cup a go again. He is pretty young, so has the time.
If he replaced Poch in future, I would ecstatic.

Done nothing in my book.

England have some good players and should always be in the last 4 or 8 of all major competitions.

No pedigree for a club of our stature in my opinion.

Last edited:
No. Just. No.
Ah, double negative.

iJg1mA3.gif

Gareth Southgate, nice guy, intelligent man, I love the way he carries himself, as an ambassador for the club, great. As a manager, no way.

To tell us the obvious - why?

It's very few managers that can take this job and as and when it becomes available he is not one of them.
He is actually because.
  1. He won't complain about transfers.
  2. He won't cost too much money.
  3. He will do what Levy tells him.
  4. He will be eager to take the job, so prising him away won't be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom