Gareth Southgate?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gareth Southgate our man?

• yes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • no

Votes: 31 93.9%

• Total voters
Three pages of “no” and yet to read an explanation as to why. Like actual opinions on his style of play, man management, defensive issues, way he deals with pressure in games, tactical awareness, subs......

Just a load of people who don’t like English managers basically.....yet people fawning over Benitez because he won stuff in 1914 but not minding the fact Newcastle were the biggest eyesore in English football under him.

But tbf he also had Ashley to contend with

People moan about Levy but look what you could have won

Im not talking about this thread, but there is a specific poster in here who is, but cant say why Southgate is so poor
tenor.gif

But tbf he also had Ashley to contend with

People moan about Levy but look what you could have won

Meh......Ashley is scapegoated because he's a Southerner.
Despite what people think, Newcastle arent a team full of total shit, but in three years can you say any particular style of play they had under Rafa?

Just another page filler, with even less relevance than the likes of Cardiff. They were a team you forgot were even in the PL until we played them. Boring, dull, nothing football.

His time has gone, the likes of Southgate are the future

Personally I think he was a failure at his one and only attempt at club management, followed by four years when other clubs were not exactly fighting over him, until he was appointed England U21 coach.

I don't think he's the sort of manager we should be looking at when Poch eventually leaves. We are (or should be ) bigger than that and looking to appoint someone with a proven club pedigree OR an exciting young coach who has demonstrated an ability managing in the PL. And I don't think he is either.

I agree that Gareth is a nice guy, but I don't think he is top level club management material.

Back
Top Bottom