Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet some still blame Levy.

People blame Levy because Levy is partly to blame, to say he isn't just shows complete blindness to the two windows before the current one and the countless times he has failed to invest when we really could have pushed on.

That being said, Levy isn't to blame for current results, this team should be good enough to win the games that we have lost, Levy can be blamed for lack of investment at crucial times which could have possibility given us that extra edge to win silverware with but he can't be blamed for losing to fucking Colchester.

Dier was good tonight. Wanyama wasn't awful.
Skipp was meh. KWP could have been MOTM but didn't produce the goods. Same with Dele.
Frustrating night but I don't feel as bad as I did after the Leicester game.
But Poch screwed up not having Kane on the bench. I totally do not agree that "resting" players is a good idea.
Can't wait for GLC to get fit and for the four want to fuck off-ers of Eriksen, Wanyama , Aurier and (this last one hurts) Rose to be not selected.

ENIC and Levy are not going anywhere whilst we remain in profit, that's a fact, even if the fans want them gone it will not happen.

The stadium is a guaranteed money maker, from top to bottom, irrespective of league position imo.

That being said, I would like owners with ambitions to win trophies but recognise that the only way that's going to happen now is if we are sold to someone who will buy us trophies, that doesn't sit comfortably with some of our fanbase but I actually want to see us win the league before I die of old age so you can put me in the camp of not giving a shit about that.

ENIC and Levy are great with business but have no ambitions to see us win big trophies if it means we are taking financial risks for them imo.
I think if you get me on a good day when the sun is shining and we don't lose in our first tie to Colchester, I'd probably agree. But it isn't and I won't.

ENIC and Levy aren't going anywhere and that is a good thing. Right or wrong, all I can think about is Leeds Utd. Alan Sugar, scumbag that he is, saved us from insolvency, so let's not go back to that.

The facilities, including the stadium and the training ground etc. etc. are foundations on which the house is being built. Poch is not the foundations, he is the contractor brought in to build the house and until recently he did an extraordinary job.

Something happened in the Summer. I think he was pissed off by losing the CL final and wanted to put it right this season but he has a team half full of seasoned pros who have been played by Levy's contract and wage games and he doesn't know what to do. The younger members are thinking more about their future than they are about the games they are playing in.

This isn't about owners vs managers vs players - that's just too black and white. The collective is failing on a large scale and the players know that they are not the ones that are going to get sacked.

Fuck this shit, you can blame Poch all you want but some fucking 100k/week players shouldn’t need detailed tactical instructions to beat a fucking semi-professional club.

You’re right but these same players need direction and motivation

They haven’t got it

Don't lose your faith to the team, its too early in the season. We will make a good run in all the rest competitions. Poch knows what he is doing, we will find our form when it matters. ;)

It matters now in these high point times. If us and Utd and Chelski aren't going to bother then the spammers and foxes are more than ready to step up.

I'm generally a pretty optimistic person but tonight felt like the diseased coda of a once excellent symphony. It doesn't feel like a blip. It's like a summary of all that's been going wrong of late: disinterested players and poor managerial decisions with a big slice of arrogance and a bit of bad luck thrown in.

Sure it's a competition without much money or prestige but if you're entered then you play to go all the way. You play to win. This lot wimped out. There's no bed left to shit; it's just a four-poster turd.

Dier was good tonight. Wanyama wasn't awful.
Skipp was meh. KWP could have been MOTM but didn't produce the goods. Same with Dele.
Frustrating night but I don't feel as bad as I did after the Leicester game.
But Poch screwed up not having Kane on the bench. I totally do not agree that "resting" players is a good idea.
Kane can not play literally every game
Remember last year when Kane was played against a tractor team in the cup and was out for months?

I kind of want us to win the FA Cup but come in 5th just to see the contortions in logic and memory on here.

Some of the cunts in here are so tangled up in their own smug agenda it's a miracle they don't garotte themselves.

So we sack the manager, the CEO & the Board - I mean just imagine that we could for a minute. That would solve our problems - did I read that right?
Nope won’t “solve our problems” these people can’t seem to solve the issues to hand but a sale and a new coaching team will completely change the approach and culture which at the moment seems totally toxic.

Context. I’d love nothing more than Poch to get back the mojo. But it’s not going to happen I fear.

Not much positivity around at the moment at all, and results and shit performances like that do us no favours.

The only positive we can take is, that is probably the lowest it will get for us this season. It can only go up from here...

Hang in there my lilywhite brothers and sisters..

Coys.

Guys you are still saying we are finishing in the top 4? No more drinks lads. Top 4 only in the champions league group

Mate, it's wide open atm... The others are all shit too.... It's so random that some 'experts' are even stating West Ham are in with a shout. :walker:

Sure if all other signs were good but we have been absolutely shocking for closing in on a year and there's no sign of thing turning around - quite the opposite.

Add to the fact that we have past years' reserve RBs starting, half the starting XI and the manager wants to fuck off and Kane with his messed up ankle has literally no cover... not looking good.
Well another way of looking at it for me is that our chances of making top 4 are much higher than Poch getting sacked. Of course there’s us not making top 4 and Poch not getting sacked. To me:

Top 4: 60%
Not top 4, Poch not sacked: 30%
Poch sacked: 10%

Not much positivity around at the moment at all, and results and shit performances like that do us no favours.

The only positive we can take is, that is probably the lowest it will get for us this season. It can only go up from here...

Hang in there my lilywhite brothers and sisters..

Coys.
I wouldn't be so sure...

Well another way of looking at it for me is that our chances of making top 4 are much higher than Poch getting sacked. Of course there’s us not making top 4 and Poch not getting sacked. To me:

Top 4: 60%
Not top 4, Poch not sacked: 30%
Poch sacked: 10%
I mean I get your point about the remaining fixtures and the gap to top 4 I just think in context, top 4 is less likely than for many years considering how poor we actually are right now.

Really only 10 % on Poch sacked though?

Yeah I agree with most of that. Just changing poch & keeping these players, levy & enic wont make us big trophy winners. We should have had a clear out a while ago really.

You'd have only ended up accused Levy of #profiteering or selling players out from under Poch.

Back
Top Bottom