Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
If something doesn’t change we are not getting top 4 and won’t make it out of the CL group stage.

Ever since Dembele was sold this team has looked flat (aside from some of the flashes in the CL).

I love Poch but we have proven we can compete against the top teams in Europe, we just need a proven winner to get us over the line. I just can’t see Poch delivering and that saddens me!

Could seriously seeing us falling out the top 6 if someone doesn’t change ASAP! I still have some hope that Poch can sort it out but it’s really starting to run out.

Poch: "Now it’s about arriving in a difficult situation and we need to recover the time we lost in pre-season. Maybe our performances are good, but it’s about having a different agenda and we need to build that togetherness."

Whats was different about pre season??

No one can believe it’s on the chairman now.
No one.

Say what they want I don’t believe for a second they don’t doubt Poch massively.

After Palace they thought it was all over, we’d go a win the next 12 games and walk off into the sunset top of the league.

Another 0-2 to 2-2 capitulation, loss to Leicester and then this abomination tonight, only a rabid flea ridden maniac can think the manager has his hands tied here and the board caused this demise.

I said Christmas. But this thing we had is dead.
Neeeeeeeext

Seriously? You use this to try and score a point. You pathetic excuse of a man.

Hope you fucking fall off a cliff and break your back in 5 places.

Don't ever quote me again.

Sitting there just waiting for us to fail. Pathetic.

You're not a spurs fan, and never have been. And I would tell you that to your dad before smacking your teeth out.

You’re another gutless coward who denied the obvious and played a part in a golden opportunity being wasted. You can’t even take ownership of your failure even now.

Keep thinking the grass is greener on the other side and watch how we end up getting a shit manager who will rapidly regress us. Poch has EARNT the right for our backing, don’t ever forget where we were before.
The statements he's been making, the tactics he's been employing, the teams he's picking oh and the fact he has already hinted about leaving kinda say that we should be worried at the very least.

It’s just gone stale, there’s nothing else to say. How many managers in the modern era have stayed at an elite team for 5+ years? Even Pep gets bored of winning titles and fucks off to a new team every few years. Poch is a smart guy and he knew this was coming, when he said it might be better for him to win the CL and let a new manager come on I think he was serious.

Not signing any new players last season really fucked us up, because they are the main source of freshness. You sign new players, you sign a new manager or you win a trophy. Those are the things that rejuvenate a club, Liverpool didn’t sign anyone for their first team this summer but winning that CL put a spring in their step. Meanwhile we are dealing with a year of built up stagnation and hoping desperately that three half-fit new signings can change everything quickly, but that’s not going to happen. I wish it hadn’t come to this but Poch will probably have to fall on his sword to compensate for our poor transfer strategy, the only way these players are going to wake up is if they have to start from zero with a manager they don’t know.
I wasn't going to post again tonight, but read this and thought i needed to congratulate you for explaining the situation so brilliantly and accurately.
Much better than I could have done.

Top,top post mate

You’re another gutless coward who denied the obvious and played a part in a golden opportunity being wasted. You can’t even take ownership of your failure even now.

Tell you what I will take ownership of.
You.

You're an oxygen thieving waste of life whose been spending the last 12 months just waiting for Poch to fuck up.

You're not spurs. You're not a man.

You're a spineless, gooner, internet warrior bitch who wouldn't gob off to anyone in real life because you know you'd get a hiding.

Fuck off you little cunt before I put you down.

You're alone now, and you'll die alone. Enjoy that, you fat, brain damaged fuck.

I don't know what's happened. If it's that fucking diamond or losing Walker and Dembele. But right now it's fucking impossible to even try to guess how Pochettino wants to play football. I'm sorry, I love him. But it's time. Poch out. Allegri welcome.

Man U and Woolwich crisis years and all their wailing and whining has seen them plummet the depths of 6th and 7th. What sort of an implosion is that. We are Spurs. We don’t do fucks ups by half measures. Fuck Top 4. I’m bracing myself for a relegation dogfight this season.

Tell you what I will take ownership of.
You.

You're an oxygen thieving waste of life whose been spending the last 12 months just waiting for Poch to fuck up.

You're not spurs. You're not a man.

You're a spineless, gooner, internet warrior bitch who wouldn't gob off to anyone in real life because you know you'd get a hiding.

Fuck off you little cunt before I put you down.

You're alone now, and you'll die alone. Enjoy that, you fat, brain damaged fuck.
White Diamond kicking in again then

As I said before Poch is a club legend and he always will be, I'm afraid he's taken us as far as we will go under his stewardship. I'm sure he has the qualities to take us further but it feels like his ambition (or patience) for us has waned. It is only natural to desire change so I do not blame him. I would rather we mutually agree to part ways then a sacking because Poch deserves to be remembered as a hero.

We seriously need to start looking for a new manager. I'd build a squad around Kane, Son, Winks, Lucas, Davinson, Lloris, Lo Celso and Ndombele.

I think this rot is partly due to contractual disputes and the uncertainty surrounding some of our mainstays - these players have peaked together and some are definitely off plateau.

This place is toxic. The only thing worse than the players attitude are the noise from the "fans" (melters). Try backing your team instead!

I’m guessing you go to enough games to know we have been poor for a long time.

Got lucky in the CL semi and Poch makes noises about leaving. Rather than saying this is the beginning of something.
Then pre season he re-iterates he would have left.

He really did himself no favours at all with that.

Last night said he might manage Madrid one day.

Yet we are the ones not showing loyalty. Yeah righto.

I only have one season ticket. And I’m not planning on swapping it for one in Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom