Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
So are you finally going to admit I was right then?

Seriously? You use this to try and score a point. You pathetic excuse of a man.

Hope you fucking fall off a cliff and break your back in 5 places.

Don't ever quote me again.

Sitting there just waiting for us to fail. Pathetic.

You're not a spurs fan, and never have been. And I would tell you that to your dad before smacking your teeth out.

People here have a serious agenda and are depressing as fuck, our best manager arguably ever and we want his gone because of a bad patch (albeit a long bad patch). I guarantee the same melts will be crying for Poch back when our new manager wins fuck all.

Why are we all of a sudden pretending we care about the league cup, Champions league FINALISTS don’t give a shit about some tinpot cup.

I'm fucking done.

All the time in the world for Poch but it's #endgame now.

All good things must come to an end.

He got us to a CL final and consistent CL qualification, for which I'll always be grateful...

But we are in a position, club wise, where we now need a proven winner.
So everyone you called a cunt a few days ago, you now agree with

People here have a serious agenda and are depressing as fuck, our best manager arguably ever and we want his gone because of a bad patch (albeit a long bad patch). I guarantee the same melts will be crying for Poch back when our new manager wins fuck all.

Why are we all of a sudden pretending we care about the league cup, Champions league FINALISTS don’t give a shit about some tinpot cup.

When does a "long bad patch" simply become a "we are just shit" though.

This isn’t one game though.

This is another bad game in a year of bad games.

Think Bill Nick might have something to say about your best manager statement. He won these things called trophies...

I’d been on the fence on this for a while, but what I watched tonight’s tipped the scales for me.

I love Poch and the last couple of years have been truly amazing, but it’s clear we need a change and a serious shake-up. There are no guarantees and whoever we bring in may fall short, but Poch looks clean out of ideas and energy and lost his bollox. And the lethargy and impotence of the play on the pitch reflect this.

Very sad it’s come to this, but it’s what jadedness and slipping into complacency looks like.

Keep living in the past and you'll never get anywhere

I hope that as he is an hounourable man, he will resign before the sun rises.
We are in so deep hole that there is no climbing out right now.

He has done so much to the club, and given us some fond memories, but currently the situation needs action. He will go down to history books as hugely successive coach. But history books is where he AT THIS MOMENT belongs. I can see him returning at some point. As more experienced manager and when circumstances are different. But for now we need a change.

Thanks for good memories Mauricio!

It’s just gone stale, there’s nothing else to say. How many managers in the modern era have stayed at an elite team for 5+ years? Even Pep gets bored of winning titles and fucks off to a new team every few years. Poch is a smart guy and he knew this was coming, when he said it might be better for him to win the CL and let a new manager come on I think he was serious.

Not signing any new players last season really fucked us up, because they are the main source of freshness. You sign new players, you sign a new manager or you win a trophy. Those are the things that rejuvenate a club, Liverpool didn’t sign anyone for their first team this summer but winning that CL put a spring in their step. Meanwhile we are dealing with a year of built up stagnation and hoping desperately that three half-fit new signings can change everything quickly, but that’s not going to happen. I wish it hadn’t come to this but Poch will probably have to fall on his sword to compensate for our poor transfer strategy, the only way these players are going to wake up is if they have to start from zero with a manager they don’t know.

Spurs have got to be the best in the land, not the second best

Probably my favourite Bill Nicholson quote.

It seems to me that Poch feels the same way. He wants his team to be the best,

and when he gets within touching distance, instead of giving him that extra support the board look at the balance sheet and and show their true colours.

Such a shame
Like dropping a player who scored a hat trick in a CL semi final for a player clearly unfit? Poch is inept.

Back
Top Bottom