Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much are we missing Nando in games like this and Wednesday, sub on in the last 10 mins?

FHS, if you won't replace him then keep him, he did a great job last season, he is fit enough to play 30 mins every week.

Every club needs 2 striker even Sunday league. Parrott is not used. Nuts.
Our problem isn’t up front. It’s becoming clear that we need a functioning DM sitting in front of our back 4. We are just getting bossed in the midfield and give up way too many shots. Winks is not a DM.

After just 6 games any team can have any amount of points, so I’m not buying the comparison with those teams.

But obviously I’m underwhelmed with our situation.

Its fine margins isn't it?

If we had beaten Newcastle and gotten a draw today (which we were easily worth) then given that we've played Woolwich, City and Leicester away that would have been deemed a very decent start to the season.

What a very sad day. Work was rough. You know what that means. So I came home to watch the recorded game hoping for an uplift. Enjoyed the 1st half. I think this is a strong starting 11. The trio of Lamela, Son and Kane works really well. What a delightful build up to that extraordinary goal. That's the Harry of old. Completely determined. Good to see.
Whan Spurs go in with a halftime lead of one, I KNOW what's going to happen. We've all seen how at the moment we can't seem to hold on to a 2-0 lead so one is almost negligible
They came out fighting in the second half and we just didn't really respond. It seems as though we don't have 2 good halves in us.
The VAR decision was disappointing, I know, but we have had a few good ones too. If we had kept our standards up, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. We should have had at least two more.
Can't blame VAR or bad refereeing for our lack of determination. It's just an excuse and it will all be ironed out and level anyway at the end of the season.
The substitutions were mindless and certainly cost us the game. Why is it that one month we're trying to get rid of people and then they suddenly become 1st choices? Why take off Lamela when he was being really influential? And although Sissoko was carded, that substitution for poor broken down old Vic means that in my opinion, Poch has really lost it. And Lucas for Son at half time might have won us the game. What's his problem with Lucas? We can't have a coach choosing the team with his emotions and likes and dislikes.

It's like a marriage really. You have some great years but then things aren't right and sensible and courageous people divorce. I think we are at that stage with Poch now. He has done wonders for the club during his tenure but he's gone as far as he can. It's time for the team to take another direction. We look like a bunch of middle aged men who have run out of steam.
If you care to go back far enough, it might have been a better idea to build the team before building the stadium. I know it's gorgeous, I'm there quite a lot but we are not doing it justice and the novelty will wear off soon enough. Especially if we keep playing like this. It's akin to putting a really bad painting into an incredibly expensive antique frame. It simply won't make the painting any better. And the stadium won't make us better either. Money not spent on the team but on the business!
On a personal note, I think we are just a toy for ENIC and Levy. A money making enterprise in which they have absolutely no pride in at all. They are the rot that has set in. There is no pride factor for them in the team. Just a business enterprise.
And one more word about Poch. He's doing such a poor and bizarre job, it really doesn't matter who replaces him because it can't get any worse.
Please don't send me too much hate mail. This is a slightly non-sober opinion but I think it touches all salient points. I don't want to see Harry go but he's going to want medals in his career and he's not going to get them playing for us whilst we play like this. Winks too might be a casualty and he's shaping up beautifully. Wwe don't want to see him go either.
So there's a (slightly) drunken message from a man who lost a battle this morning and then lost another one this afternoon.

"Shh...listen, don't you hear?
I'm crying, but they are silent tears.
I'm crying on the inside so you can't see
all the pain running though me .
I cry for you, I cry for me.
I cry for the times I can't,
so if you listen, you may hear my silent tears."

Last edited:
After just 6 games any team can have any amount of points, so I’m not buying the comparison with those teams.

But obviously I’m underwhelmed with our situation.
City, Woolwich and Leicester away are all challenging matches. Conversely all of our home matches have been extremely easy, which is why Newcastle was such a fucking disaster.

Performance today was okay but the result is clearly bad. We really do need to win the next 3 league matches, though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! FUCKED IT UP AGAIN. BYE BYE YOU SPUD CUNTS

giphy.gif

Yeah, see you about, mate.

Back
Top Bottom