Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's be honest, he could have sent Rose off for a pull in our penalty box and we really can not blame the ref in any way for failing to get the 3 points yesterday. He was actually pretty good I thought.

Oh and after Winks and Sokratis started kicking each other he could have sent Winks off but only carded Sokratis. Let's not become Liverpool/United fans and blame it all on some FA conspiracy when we only have ourselves to blame.
I think there's a middle ground here. The ref is not the reason we lost the game, but if you're trying to tell me the officiating was anything but terrible yesterday, I'm going to disagree with you. That push on Kane is a penalty, Dele was literally tackled in the box. Both of those were clearer incidents than anything that happened to the scum. If you really want to talk about Rose, then he shouldn't have even been on a yellow since the ref bought a Lacazette dive. How does Xhaka first get booked after like 7-8 fouls and we get booked including that silly tackle that did lead to the penalty.

I'm not saying we lost because of the ref but it was a one-sided disgrace.

They haven't even started playing Thursday night games in Baku yet. If this is the "best" version of the Scum then they are in for a rough year. That defense is a mess and an injury or two to their midfield or attack will leave them in a terrible position.

Strikes me that their squad is incredibly thin too....

Iwobi gone, Welbeck gone, Mikhitarian off today too.... Who else they got up top besides the 3 that started yesterday? As it is Lakazette is still struggling with his pre-season injury.

Think it’s fair to say after Dale Alli getting pulled to the ground more effectively than a Scottish second row and Kane getting wiped out against Newcastle that Rugby tackles are now part of the game??
The Kane one to Newcastle was scandalous.... just because you take someone out with your head and shoulders makes it less of a foul ???

Note : salad gets that every time no question

The Kane one to Newcastle was scandalous.... just because you take someone out with your head and shoulders makes it less of a foul ???

I think the Dele tackle is the worst of the three in a vacuum but since he didn't have the ball it won't get as much scrutiny. Shocking to think we got penalties awards on 0 of those 3 incidents though.

I think there's a middle ground here. The ref is not the reason we lost the game, but if you're trying to tell me the officiating was anything but terrible yesterday, I'm going to disagree with you. That push on Kane is a penalty, Dele was literally tackled in the box. Both of those were clearer incidents than anything that happened to the scum. If you really want to talk about Rose, then he shouldn't have even been on a yellow since the ref bought a Lacazette dive. How does Xhaka first get booked after like 7-8 fouls and we get booked including that silly tackle that did lead to the penalty.

I'm not saying we lost because of the ref but it was a one-sided disgrace.
Ooh that xhaka is a cunt.
Yes ref was a bit shit, but totally could of had the other two points off them, bad officiating or not.
Wish mousa could shoot on target.....

Supporting your club isnt always about saying how everything is great all the time...maybe you think this lot arent proper supporters either. More passion in their little finger than any happy clapper

Neither is bitching and moaning about every aspect of the club, constantly, without remit or remorse Sammy.
At some point in time all you moaning buggers have to try and wring some morsel of joy out of the experience, don't you?
These "happy clappers" that you deride, whats your problem with them exactly? Is it the fact that they don't want to wallow in salt and sour piss on a daily basis - or is it that you hate to see people happy?
I am happy that we went to the house of goons, didn't lose and didn't embarrass ourselves - considering the people we have unfit, out or returning to fitness. I can see virtue in the result, but it doesn't mean that I am blind to the fact that they had significant territorial advantage and impetus for a worrying section of the second half, trying to claw back a 2 goal deficit. I'm worried about Sanchez playing right back and the fact that we don't have a fit one, I'm worried about wantaway Eriksen and the lethargy of kane, and I despair of Sissoko's ability to hand craft a golden opportunity and by magic turn his hard work into turd.

The difference is that I don't see any point in worring my ugly head over it, because thats why we have a globally respected manager. I do worry that TFC is populated with experts who know more than him, but the club refuses to sack him in favour of one of these armchair experts.
But you know - I can't bring myself to sit and dwell on all of these supposed problems, and pour scorn and derision onto every aspect of the club on a daily basis. I'm totally OK with the fact that there's shag all I can do about it and that what will be, will be.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Good luck with the last line

Gonna stop you there Mick. Find me a post where Ive bitched about Levy or the windows.....or forever hold your peace.
Poch, Eriksen, Dele and Kane are not THFC.

Youd do well to remember that.
Yeah, thanks Sammy
I really don't need you to point out the realities of life
You moan about everything, including people who don't moan about everything, as if it was a mental affliction.

Yeah, thanks Sammy
I really don't need you to point out the realities of life
You moan about everything, including people who don't moan about everything, as if it was a mental affliction.

But thats the lie Mick isnt it. I dont moan about everything.
I moan about Poch, Dele, Eriksen and Kane.

The fact you think they represent "everything" says it all about and how you see this club

I’m not getting into Salah does or doesn’t thing but VAR was meant to make the game fair, iron out the mistakes as they say....but that Kane one changes the game against N’castle, and Alli seals 3pts v Woolwich......Season looks a whole lot different then🙄

I’m not getting into Salah does or doesn’t thing but VAR was meant to make the game fair, iron out the mistakes as they say....but that Kane one changes the game against N’castle, and Alli seals 3pts v Woolwich......Season looks a whole lot different then🙄
:pochcmon:

You're wrong.

VAR was actually meant to reverse offsides decisions when a player's armpit hair was offsides, not to prevent players from rugby tackling in the penalty box.

I think that was maybe my point rather than it just being a salad thing

And that was; the plethora of soft pens pool got and as you rightly point out they changed games and we would be in a far improved position if VAR levelled out these indiscretions

I think that was maybe my point rather than it just being a salad thing

And that was; the plethora of soft pens pool got and as you rightly point out they changed games and we would be in a far improved position if VAR levelled out these indiscretions
Ultimately this is my gripe with VAR. It's not going to level the playing field if they do not overrule poor decisions made by the ref. I get sticking with the ref when it's a 50/50 decision but that is not what is going on here. Instead of minimizing the effects of poor officiating, VAR is simply not overruling poor decisions. Nothing is changing outside of handballs and offsides.

It'll be fascinating to see the statistics after the year on % of decisions VAR overturns.

Ultimately this is my gripe with VAR. It's not going to level the playing field if they do not overrule poor decisions made by the ref. I get sticking with the ref when it's a 50/50 decision but that is not what is going on here. Instead of minimizing the effects of poor officiating, VAR is simply not overruling poor decisions. Nothing is changing outside of handballs and offsides.

It'll be fascinating to see the statistics after the year on % of decisions VAR overturns.
It’s application has been a bad joke so far

What happened at villa is prime example.

I agree chalking off goals to see if a red line to someone’s armpit is a fraction of a millimetre ahead of someone’s knee across the other side of the pitch is pretty much about it and not what I expected

I actually cant believe what I'm reading regarding our performance.
First half we were all over them and should have probably got 1 or 2 more than we did. Second half they were the better team but they didnt actually create much at all. In fact, we should have scored at least 1 ourselves.

Ive given Poch a 10/10 for the first half.........the fact that we destroyed all our own hard work doesnt make it a sweeter pill.

Id prefer it if we have to implode then its to a team thats actually better than us for once. Sick of us shooting our own fucking nads off every fucking week.

Quite literally, at some point, in every single game since about New Years, we have made some massive fuck up. 99% of our conceded goals are our own fault

Last edited:
I too react and slag players from time to time and especially after Newcastle, but can’t today.

Sanchez was played at RB in a premier league match for the first time ever and had to face premium ( arguably world class ) players away from home @ a stadium that is really hard to get anything from.

No wonder he looked rocky, but facts are facts he never cost us a goal. Never gave up, never moaned and did as much as anyone would do in the circumstances.

Give the guy a pat on the back and say well done, selling him or slagging him is simply not reasonable.
I take your point. I really do. But I am still waiting for a good performance from the fella. It's not personal.
I too react and slag players from time to time and especially after Newcastle, but can’t today.

Sanchez was played at RB in a premier league match for the first time ever and had to face premium ( arguably world class ) players away from home @ a stadium that is really hard to get anything from.

No wonder he looked rocky, but facts are facts he never cost us a goal. Never gave up, never moaned and did as much as anyone would do in the circumstances.

Give the guy a pat on the back and say well done, selling him or slagging him is simply not reasonable.
I take your point. I really understand and appreciate what you're saying. The problem is that I'm still waiting for a real P.L. worthy performance in any position. I have yet to be convinced.

Back
Top Bottom