Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No they aren't which is why bottling a two nill lead to them was so shit.

Pls define bottling it.
Did Woolwich being at home against their biggest rivals who arent in best form, bottle it when they conceded 2 goals?
The scum have very good attacking players and goals can happen in a second.
It doesn’t mean the team I support bottled it.
You are disappointed with the result, we all are, but grow a set of balls and support the team.

I'm surprised so many of you are happy with the result when we're 2-0 up in the 45th minute. I can't help but feel gutted.

Have you ever been to their ground and had to walk away after losing? It’s shit so not losing today was a positive on that front, especially after they’ve been banging on all week about smashing us.. they were so cocky but soon shut up..
we had too many injuries to be able to stop them from scoring.

I'm surprised so many of you are happy with the result when we're 2-0 up in the 45th minute. I can't help but feel gutted.
Not happy with it. But not suicidal either.
Yes being 2-0 makes it seem worse than it is. But at the end of the day, a point away at Woolwich is a point away at Woolwich. However it comes.
And a point away at any top 6 team shouldn't be made out to be the catastrophe some on here calling it.
A decade ago we'd be celebrating.

Big picture. Solid point at Emirates. Spurs need a proper RB and CDM badly. In watching KWP so far and Sanchez today, def rolling with Trippier over that shit. Lastly the mobs calling Kane a diver while Aubayemang dives in the same game are cunts.

Pls define bottling it.
Did Woolwich being at home against their biggest rivals who arent in best form, bottle it when they conceded 2 goals?
The scum have very good attacking players and goals can happen in a second.
It doesn’t mean the team I support bottled it.
You are disappointed with the result, we all are, but grow a set of balls and support the team.
Bottling something is often defined as being in front or having a very good chance of winning and then loosing your will and throwing it all away at the end.
We were quite lucky not to have lost the game near to the end despite the fact that Woolwich were there for the taking. As you said they conceded two goals at home in the first 45 mins.

We could and should of won this game that's what really annoys me.

> That shitcunt is given punditry duties
> Receives (deserved) hate mail
> Spins it as racist
> Sky Sports keep him on to make themselves look progressive

giphy.gif

You can just see it.
If he is on they should always have Souness as well, he was more or less openly laughing when Judas was talking.

Bit of a mixed bag today to put it mildly. Spurs could have had the game sewn up by half time after catching Woolwich on the break several times but then got hit with an almost inevitable sucker punch with the goal in first half injury time.
After that it was a case of hanging on and in the end a real relief Woolwich didn’t go on and win by a few.
Defensively Spurs were atrocious today, Sanchez had a nightmare at RB, Pochettino should have changed it but hey ho.
That’s twice this season already Spurs have played away and grabbed a point under difficult circumstances but today a lot of the problems were self inflicted.

Seems to me we should start grooming Sissoko to be a right back. He does not need to be in the final third, will not score. With Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, in midfield we are better there. And, Moura needs to come on for Kane at about 65 minutes. Blaspheme, but we need another gear in the late going, and Kane is going to wear out.

If he is on they should always have Souness as well, he was more or less openly laughing when Judas was talking.
I have to admit that I didn't listen to the punditry, as they usually annoy me with their inane chatter anyway, even more reason not to listen to it today. Suppose we're going to have to suffer more of that see you next Tuesday, until he gets a proper job.

After having had a couple of hours with two of my best friends, Arthur Guinness and Jack Daniels I have returned to the fray.

I simply cannot believe people are still trying to use the worn out adage of "If you had of asked me at the start of the day I'd have settled for a point" argument. Let's take it to the absolute extreme, instead of the actual game where we discarded a two nil lead and strategical advantage What if we had been winning 3-0 with 20 minutes left and they had score 3 goals to get a draw. Would everyone still be just as satisfied ? Of course not.

The timing of the goals has allowed that well worn excuse to be implemented. Going in half time 2-0 up we'd have been raring to go back at them second half and pressed for a third to kill them off. Conceding just before half time was the worst scenario. They went in feeling relieved and capable of pulling at least one goal back with another 45 minutes to play. We went down the corridor deflated at letting them back in and hoping we could hold on for three points. I'll give Poch the benefit of the doubt here that he didn't feel the time was right then to be making substitutions. Second half they equalise and the onslaught begins. That was when change was needed. Forget the 'hit the post shot' and Kane was totally ineffective second half. Haul him off and put Lucas on NOT take Son off and bring on Dele. We lost impetus,momentum and cohesion, settling for a draw when the game offered us so much more.

When we look back on this season, at whatever position we end up, let us not just rue results like losing at home to Newcastle, but let's remember to include throwing away good leads away from home against our top rivals. That is also where titles are won and lost.

I stand by what I said earlier. The best indicator for what our season has in store will be where we are in the league when the referee blows for full time in a few weeks at Anfield :thumbup:

Many reasons to be excited about is Tottenham team. Eriksen, Kane, Son, Dele, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sessegnon, Clarke, Foyth none have even got going in what I think will be big years for them as the season goes on.

We have a lot of very handy and good footballers at the club at the moment, I'm pretty sure when it al calms down we will be chipping away at that top 4 spot. A Tottenham team that can afford to keep Lucas Moura on the bench for a whole match against Woolwich isn't in bad shape at all really.

I have to admit that I didn't listen to the punditry, as they usually annoy me with their inane chatter anyway, even more reason not to listen to it today. Suppose we're going to have to suffer more of that see you next Tuesday, until he gets a proper job.
I switched off as soon as his stupid boat appeared.

Flesh crawling apology for a human

A decade ago we'd be celebrating.

Times have changed, perhaps the fans perspective should too. There's definitely a disconnect between the fans and ambition; some are happy we're even in the top 4 and some want us challenging for cups and titles. Some are happy with a draw when being 2-0 up and some feel gutted.

Back
Top Bottom