Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why did they miss out on Jorginho?

Its funny that everyone has forgotten that we did actuallt invest this summer, and have reverted to the 2018 window to make their point.

Lo Celso has been given 45 minutes in three games, Ndombele is injured from one of our ridiculous training sessions where we try and turn humans into cyborgs, and before that he was deployed in a system which was ineffective and turgid for 70 minutes against Villa and and he was nowhere to be seen at The Etihad.

Poch wanted Trippier out, and has decided Sissoko and KWP at RB is the answer, and we signed an injured championship teenager that the people moaning actually wanked about for the last 2 years.

Eriksen has been dropped by the manager, as has Jan Vertonghen....but apparently theyve been dropped because we didnt sign Ndombele a year earlier

Someone pointed out; Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Clarke and Ndombele signing has strengthened our squad.

Sessegnon is injured.
Le Celso is not fit
Clark is back on loan and can’t get a game
Ndombele is injured.

So all in all, certainly at the moment we ain’t stronger

The state of this. What's gone wrong? And than the two options as the only options.

Woolwich TV was just a sign of the times.
Spurs fans are becoming Gooners.

Dont think 'we should have won it' is fair.

Lucas ,Son and Kane are not as good as Mane, Firmino and Salah
The likes of Wijnaldum , Henderson and Fabinho are better than Sissoko, Winks , Eriksen
VVD is the best defender from both teams
Alexander Arnold shits all over trippier and Robertson does the same against Rose.
Goalies are on par probably.

Based on players they should have won.
The league table highlights your point even more.

You can’t compare prices from 3 yrs ago to the current market. Prices have almost doubled in some cases. Ayoze Perez 30m. Ridiculous. One season he scored in double figures.
50m is the new 30m.
Joelinton at Newcastle up to 40m ...most league goals is 8 in the Austrian league. Would have to score against us.
At least we can now compete on wages. Winaldum turned us down on wages also.
I'm not talking prices - I'm talking wages specifically which is why Mane and others turned us down in the past

Yet we were just as shit v Villa and City
Yes we should be amazing from the first game of the seaosn.

Not many teams are not shit vs City. But against Villa when Winks was taken off we became 10 times better. Lo Celso isnt completely fit yet, once he gets going Winks will most likely be phased out and we wil become better.

Son wasnt available because of his red.

Lets give them a couple of months at least before we start whining.

Yes we should be amazing from the first game of the seaosn.

Not many teams are not shit vs City. But against Villa when Winks was taken off we became 10 times better. Lo Celso isnt completely fit yet, once he gets going Winks will most likely be phased out and we wil become better.

Son wasnt available because of his red.

Lets give them a couple of months at least before we start whining.
Not amazing, just not fucking dogshit would be good

Then Poch would have the option of playing him in there instead of donkeys like Winks and Sissoko.
A bit unfair. Winks whether you like it or not is in the inner circle. "My little Iniesta". Playing out of his natural position and surrounded by those who are sh*....well..aren't sure. has put responsibility on shoulders that aren't yet ready, but I think they will be before long.

Sissoko was a candle destined to burn out particularly when selected in the way of the Newcastle game.

and there's the point.

If you are only the coach then you pick the best 11 players with no thought as to contract negotiation or otherwise. The game is about today and tomorrow and not yesterday isn't it Poch, so
  1. Pick the best team available irrespective of the opponent
  2. Pick the best team available irrespective of your personal grudges.
  3. based on our talent, aim to beat the opposition to death in the first 20 mins. Lower level teams parking the bus isn't a surprise is it? Reckon everyone who expects to finish top 10 factors that in.
  4. stop being so fucking moody in the pressers. I mean come on. Half the shit on the boards is down to your childish mood swings.

Does anyone actually know why we get so many training injuries ? Do we genuinely get more training injuries than other EPL teams or is it just a myth?

We certainly seem to get a lot of injuries in general, but is this actually the case ? I mean if it is, wouldn't it be quite easy to fix ?

I remember years ago they said our the surface at our old training ground was too hard and that was causing a lot of injuries - I am not making this up.

Back
Top Bottom