Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he keeps saying we cannot compete, surely that kind of negativity rubs off on the players?

Doubt it.

The reality of what a manager says in a changing room and on the training pitch and then says in public is very different at every level of football.

It’s all a game. Especially the media side of it these days.

I’ll be very upset, I guess?

It’s more that he’s dealing with a lot right now: bedding in new players, getting the squad fit, players coming off suspensions, injuries, some uncertainty around the squad and the transfer window. All that should more or less be cleared up by Woolwich, so I think it’s fair to say that if he lays an egg tactically there are far less excuses than there was last week and yesterday.
No it won't. From my observations it appears to take around 6 months to really bed a player into Poch's systems and presses.

Possibly a reason why he has asked for players early in trf windows.

Possibly also a reason for our traditionally slower starts and rampant finishes to seasons (forgetting last years implosion).

He's doing a wild lot of moaning these days, isn't he?

Think it’s clear he’s annoyed with the transfer window. Got Lo Celso very late with no pre season training and time to integrate him and besides that Eriksen still might leave.

But the fact he’s playing him shows there’s probably nothing happening around him in terms of negotiations right now.

But we still have two weeks where he could go.

The 100% reality is we do not operate on the same level as City when it comes to transfers. But yet we usually compete.

However sounds like they were miles in front of us this weekend.

Think it’s clear he’s annoyed with the transfer window. Got Lo Celso very late with no pre season training and time to integrate him and besides that Eriksen still might leave.

But the fact he’s playing him shows there’s probably nothing happening around him in terms of negotiations right now.

The 100% reality is we do not operate on the same level as City when it comes to transfers. But yet we usually compete.

Not where it mattered.

City can't play any better but also have a settled squad and nothing to fear, with players who are definitively going nowhere.

I think the Premier League are fcukwits in not aligning transfer windows but the Eriksen/Alderweireld and Vertonghen situations are our doing.

And having Rose still in the club even more so on Pochettino.

We can bemoan the inequity of City's transfer wallet and the lack of the Premier levelling the financial playing field but contracts and preferred players who disrespect the club is 100% on us and on the pitch mostly on Pochettino.

So there is no such thing as luck in football?
Every single result is deserved and justified?
You don’t for one second think that match would not have looked out of place if it had finished 6-2?

The RESULT was good
The PERFORMANCE was not

We have LOST to the likes of Burnley in the past. They were fucking shit. Negative. Anti football, dirty cunts. They beat us.

Does that mean they played well?

Are you people REALLY trying to say that if Jesus goal stood, our ENTIRE performance would become worse?

Are you 7 years old?
Stands at large blackboard and chalks a long horizontal line. At one end writes "A total fucking shit cunt of a performance ". At the other "Brazil in the 1970 World Cup Final". A little over third of the way along marks a cross and titles it "Tottenham away at Man City in August 2019".

Steps back to see whole class apart from one sulky cunt nodding in general agreement

Stands at large blackboard and chalks a long horizontal line. At one end writes "A total fucking shit cunt of a performance ". At the other "Brazil in the 1970 World Cup Final". A little over third of the way along marks a cross and titles it "Tottenham away at Man City in August 2019".

Steps back to see whole class apart from one sulky cunt nodding in general agreement

Good to know you’ll be delighted if we play like that against Woolwich in a couple weeks.

I’ll be disgusted.....and after the joy of sneaking a late point wears off, I will still think we were shit.

Not much more could have been done with Lo Celso given he was out until August due to Copa America.

Yes, they were. The good news is that he doesn't mind that they had 30 shots against us because they operate much differently to us in the transfer market.

keeps saying we cannot compete, surely that kind of negativity rubs off on the players?

The message in the dressing room will likely be worlds apart 9 times out of 10. Any manager that doesn't emphasise to his players "ignore what I say in the press" is a fool to himself....

I suspect even Levy takes a lot of it with a pinch of salt.

UK media/press are parasitic cunts; feed 'em a bone here and there and watch them chase their tails.

Back
Top Bottom