Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's OCD-Sammy running off on a tangent and freaking out!
Sammy is pissed!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Hate this guy with passion. Did not even press and run properly yesterday in order to not get injured before his new signing.

I do wonder if he's just not entirely fit.

Could also make more sense as to why he didn't start against Villa last week.

Lamela scores and assists, gets criticised for his overall play.

Eriksen does NOTHING and it’s the fault of the other players or “Kane also did nothing!”

Kane had no service from our midfield, you know the guy who is supposedly world class holding on for a move to Real Madrid, the creative playmaker that we so desperately couldn’t live with out apparently? As Sammy said Eriksen can’t blame the service because he is the service. Lamela and Lucas seemed to make things happen without blaming those around them so why couldn’t Eriksen? Lamela even managed a nice dinked ball over the top of the defence to Eriksen - if CE could’ve held the ball in their half for more than 2 seconds he might’ve had some similar joy.

Tragic how easily dispossessed he is when not on his game.

The amount of pick-pocketing going on yesterday you'd think Fagan had set City up; not Guardiola. :ap:

Eriksen can’t blame the service because he is the service. Lamela and Lucas seemed to make things happen without blaming those around them so why couldn’t Eriksen?

Nobody will answer that.
Nobody.

Lamela scores by taking the game to them and it was a “hopeless punt with garbage defending”.
Assists because he can kick a corner over 30cm high.....but he “ruined every attack”

Moura ran them ragged.....no one can say why? Wasn’t the service so bad that nobody could create?

Or was it just Eriksen who couldn’t create...

They won’t address it, and as time goes by someone slips in a comment that Eriksen played a majestic role at the Etihad and by Christmas it’s a full blown mantra that he was fucking epic yesterday and controlled the whole game.

I’ve already heard that Pochs tactics were “genius”.......GENIUS.

Let that sink in.......Eriksen was stifled due to the sheer lack of service ....due to our genius tactics.
A tactic that relied on poor finishing from the oppo, to avoid losing 9-2

The most creative and best player at the club needs Lamela and Sissoko to make his life easy.

I like Eriksen as a player but to be world class as some are calling him you need to turn up at the big games especially away from home or latter stages of Cup competitions and Christian just doesn't do enough of this

Lamela scores and assists, gets criticised for his overall play.

Eriksen does NOTHING and it’s the fault of the other players or “Kane also did nothing!”

Kane had no service from our midfield, you know the guy who is supposedly world class holding on for a move to Real Madrid, the creative playmaker that we so desperately couldn’t live with out apparently? As Sammy said Eriksen can’t blame the service because he is the service. Lamela and Lucas seemed to make things happen without blaming those around them so why couldn’t Eriksen? Lamela even managed a nice dinked ball over the top of the defence to Eriksen - if CE could’ve held the ball in their half for more than 2 seconds he might’ve had some similar joy.
I missed where Lamela got criticised?

I like Eriksen as a player but to be world class as some are calling him you need to turn up at the big games especially away from home or latter stages of Cup competitions and Christian just doesn't do enough of this
:harrysmile:
8 PL goals against:
Burnley
Everton
Bournemouth
Cardiff
Leicester
Palace
Brighton

Of his 12 PL assists, 6 were against top 6 opposition

2 CL goals:
Inter

4 CL assists against City (2), Dortmund, PSV

So basically in the PL and CL, of this 26 goals and assists, 8 were against top 6, and they were all assists, no goals.

Good stats, and important ones but hardly the big game player people are trying to make out by lumping it all together as "26 goals and assists".

I would love him to stay, but if his heart is not in it then he has to go for a fee and we have to go back for Dybala in January.

I’m an Eriksen fan and, like you, want him to stay but he was dire yesterday in a really big game and he just didn’t look interested
He got pushed off the ball too easily and that’s on the odd occasion he got near it

For me he remains on the bench until he gets sold or his contract is sorted out

I hope that he’s been summoned to Poch’s office and given a dressing down

I get loyalty and all that and I get that he’s a good player and been good for us but enough is enough

Yesterday’s performance was shocking!

No wonder Pep gave him a pat on the head at the end!

Trf window closes in 14 days. Get GLC in the mix in the meantime and hopefully that'll reignite a flame in CE should he stay.

Newcastle at home:

GLC / Winks / NDombele
Lucas / Kane / Son

....PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEASSE GAFFA!!!!

Pep's pat: "D.Silva's off at the end of the season. We'll have you for free next year, Christian..."? :sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom