Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got better after Eriksen came on and he went wider and stopped trying to do too much.

Won't argue that Eriksen absolutely changed the game. We better keep him or hope Lo Celso offers at least 80 percent of his creativity. He worked superbly with ndombele

Ndombele scored 2 league goals in 2 season for Lyon...You are going to be disappointed if you think he is going to be goal threat. Even Dembele scored on his debut for us. Ndombele will bring almost exactly the same kind of skillset as Dembele except slightly better in passing and slightly worse in ball winning.

And, critically, he's 22 and fit and can play twice a week.

Great win, was good to finally see a fit Kane after a year thanks to England bollocks fucking up last season for him

Sanchez grew nicely into game, Ndombele great cameo moments, I thought Lamela also great with his tenacity, Poch has not forgotten it was him and Moura who got us points first 10 games of last year

Eriksen looked up for it, good, thats all we ask as he is a terrific player, hope Dele took notice

COYS

It's the opening day. We weren't 100% at the races as you aren't going to be on the opening day.
COYS

I accept a lot of what you say about today's game but please don't expect me to swallow this bit.....
Liverpool emphatically won last night against Norwich, going 4-0 up and City went to West Ham and stuffed them 0-5. If you cannot be 'at the races' on the first day of the season then it does not augur well for the months ahead.
These are professional footballers not the cars of yesteryear that you bought brand new and had to have a sign in the window saying "Please pass, running in" for the first few weeks.
Let's just hope it's a lesson learnt and we approach next week's match with guns blazing right from the start. I am not advocating a 'gung ho' approach but would like to see positive play mixed with cautionary defence work.

Lol then he gets an assists some minutes later.

To be fair I wanted both him and Kane off at half time.

And I admitted what he did was good. I think maybe I was a bit harsh but that spell at RW was shocking missed a sitter never found a white shirt in the final third. Looked much better when he dropped back but sooner Lo Celso is in that position the better

Whilst I do think Eriksen aided us in our come back.

I can't help but think the change in shape was the main reason. We simply HAVE to stay away from this diamond bollocks.
Agreed. We were clearly better before Eriksen came on because of the formation shift, but he also put us over the edge.

Back
Top Bottom