Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_ljgm6rqL8d1qavb8jo1_500.gif

Terrible backhand

Federer would've landed the blow and completely changed the movie's ending
Looks like Poch defending the blow.

I simply do not understand the stupidity of The Woolwich. Zidane may not be the most popular football manager but neither is he the most stupid. He is under intense pressure to bring the title back to Real Madrid next season which means he cannot afford to take chances with players that are not yet ready for the heat of battle. He obviously feels Ceballos is one such player but he knows that potentially the guy could be a superstar.
So he turns down all offers for a permanent deal (including ours) and allows him to have a year at The Woolwich where he will undoubtedly enjoy regular first team premiership football. Then after one season where hopefully he has confirmed ZZ's faith in him by playing well and enjoying the adulation of the gooners fans...ZZ pulls the plug and he returns to Spain and a star studded future.

Meanwhile back at "you know where" they are scratching their heads and wondering how the fuck they replace him and also stop the marauding fans outside the ground protesting from ripping their heads off.

Ludicous loan fraught with disappointment.......... luvvly jubbly :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I simply do not understand the stupidity of The Woolwich. Zidane may not be the most popular football manager but neither is he the most stupid. He is under intense pressure to bring the title back to Real Madrid next season which means he cannot afford to take chances with players that are not yet ready for the heat of battle. He obviously feels Ceballos is one such player but he knows that potentially the guy could be a superstar.
So he turns down all offers for a permanent deal (including ours) and allows him to have a year at The Woolwich where he will undoubtedly enjoy regular first team premiership football. Then after one season where hopefully he has confirmed ZZ's faith in him by playing well and enjoying the adulation of the gooners fans...ZZ pulls the plug and he returns to Spain and a star studded future.

Meanwhile back at "you know where" they are scratching their heads and wondering how the fuck they replace him and also stop the marauding fans outside the ground protesting from ripping their heads off.

Ludicous loan fraught with disappointment.......... luvvly jubbly :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Case of any trick in the book to blag top 4

Said it before but will repeat as I only recently found out.. He played 100 games for Betis and was bought for 18m, he has a grounding.

True but I think a year in the premiership will do him no harm at all. Good to experience playing in another country's top league and in my humble opinion at the moment... Europe's best.

I agree but it will be a good grounding for the guy and I think ZZ regards him as a future world-beater and will be happy to take him back.

Zidane is happy to sell him by all accounts, it's Perez that wants to keep the option open for him to return. He'd ideally like some Spanish stars in the team just like we like having English star players. Loaning players is a poor strategy for a supposed top team to employ, even more so with no option to buy.

Ceballos is really good and will make Woolwich better next year, however he is far from their biggest need and they are not doing anything to address their massive defensive issues while we are strengthening and getting younger. This is a good window for us

Zidane is happy to sell him by all accounts, it's Perez that wants to keep the option open for him to return. He'd ideally like some Spanish stars in the team just like we like having English star players. Loaning players is a poor strategy for a supposed top team to employ, even more so with no option to buy.

Be interesting to see how he performs then on a cold December night at home to Brighton :thumbup: and for the season for that matter.

Do we know what's going to happen next summer though? He could well stay at the library. It's only rumour that suggests there's no buy clause, isn't it? Or have real madrid said as much and I missed that bit.

I know we tried to buy him (again, rumour) but ducked out due to this being the case. I mean, it may well be the case but still, I'd hate for them to keep the player if we wanted him in the first start.

Back
Top Bottom