Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fearless.

Not afraid to put a foot in and doesn't shy away from the ball. Wouldn't be against a loan for him next season though that guarantees him 30+ starts in central midfield.

No idea why the manager doesn't play him. There's been plenty of opportunities with our injuries.

Before last Sunday he had a mare against Leicester (admittedly stuck out on the left of midfield).

He seems a natural stand-in for the Winks role.

Looked very good and assured in his cameo on Sunday.

I'd keep him in the squad as cover for Winks.

I'd give him a year loan to somewhere like Norwich personally. He has the attitude and temperament, I just think he requires and deserves the bedding in experience now to allow him to grow.

Skipp to Norwich on loan, KWP to Fulham on loan and Marcus Edwards give him a new 3 year deal and a loan to someone in the Bundesliga. 3 academy players with a path to the first team if they do what they need to out on the road.

He is very brave, both in the tackle and pass. I think Skipp must progress next season, as I think he could have impact and development similar to Winks.
I mean, it'd good for him that he got more playing time this year than he otherwise might - but it did feel like he was being thrown in a little early because of not buying anyone and then selling Dembele.

Gotta remember that Winks is, what, 23? He made his PL debut at 20. There's a lot of time for Skippy.

No idea why the manager doesn't play him. There's been plenty of opportunities with our injuries.

Before last Sunday he had a mare against Leicester (admittedly stuck out on the left of midfield).

He seems a natural stand-in for the Winks role.

Looked very good and assured in his cameo on Sunday.

I'd keep him in the squad as cover for Winks.

I think he is really promising but a loan needs to be seriously considered. Training with the first team is all well and good but nothing beats playing real games with real stakes. I’m not sure why his minutes dried up in the last third of the season but for me he’s shown enough to go and start games somewhere.

I think he is really promising but a loan needs to be seriously considered. Training with the first team is all well and good but nothing beats playing real games with real stakes. I’m not sure why his minutes dried up in the last third of the season but for me he’s shown enough to go and start games somewhere.

OK we disagree. I'd keep him in the squad as cover for Winks.

Props to the guy for a great match against Juve.

I will admit that I found myself thinking he looked a little out of his depth at times last season - or at the very least playing in a very conservative fashion to avoid fucking up - but he is/was young enough to forgive that.

Took another step forward today. To be honest, I think Dier might have to watch his back.
:levyeyes:

He played really well, great potential. Also reminds me of a young Tobey Maguire

1.png

Love the way he is prepared to skip past an opponent and get away before passing to a teammate. Very useful to have in the locker. Skipp by name, skip by nature

If you're hyped by Winks then you can't be any less impressed by Skipp. Top talent, top attitude

Back
Top Bottom