Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We both know I could have retorted you to fucking death about the banality of Davies, Dier and Sissoko, and backed it up with stats if I could be arsed, but I couldn't. And please let it be noted, you brought Sissoko into this, not me before I have Sergeant Bazali Bazali of the fucking Sissoko police on my fucking case.

And it's a bit hypocritical for someone who quoted a simple short post of mine pointing out the factual inaccuracies of your previous post with this stat filled essay:

Davies is an OK LB to have in a squad, Dier is good/Ok as a CB, fucking meh/turgid as a CM, Sissoko is just fucking piss poor at most things, but as I said, teams win leagues, world cups and champions leagues or finish top 4, with all variations of shitty (relatively speaking) players in their midst that are compensated for by numerous other factors (I even gave you a couple of examples - where the fuck is the entire Leicester back 4 now? Greece winning a Euros etc etc)

Over arching point; How the fuck did they do it?

Being part of a successful team (or relatively successful even) is no more a steadfast guarantee of a player's individual quality any more than being part of a really shit team automatically means a player is shit.

Sergeant!!

Wow

Promotion at last

I wonder why he was on the plane ✈️ with the rest of the team if he’s so crap 💩 and why Poch clearly rates him and keeps picking him???

But you know best eh???

Lmfao

Sergeant!!

Wow

Promotion at last

I wonder why he was on the plane ✈ with the rest of the team if he’s so crap 💩 and why Poch clearly rates him and keeps picking him???

But you know best eh???

Lmfao

Don't remember you applying that logic where Trippier was concerned Baz? Strange....

Do we agree with everything Poch does? Is everything he does right ?

And how is that rating and picking Sissoko working out Baz? Coincidentally, our performances and results have declined in direct correlation to Sissoko's increase in participation. Which is strange, because if you are right and he's such an uber player, shouldn't we have been getting better ?

Story won’t go away

....Or some 'sources' just chose to ignore the ignore the "they're not for sale" statement from their chairman.

If Roma's stance is that they simply want Toby for 10-15m as things suggest, then they'll end up disappointment.

5 days of the 25m clause left... Tick Tock, Tick Tock....

Don't remember you applying that logic where Trippier was concerned Baz? Strange....

Do we agree with everything Poch does? Is everything he does right ?

And how is that rating and picking Sissoko working out Baz? Coincidentally, our performances and results have declined in direct correlation to Sissoko's increase in participation. Which is strange, because if you are right and he's such an uber player, shouldn't we have been getting better ?

I do believe that Poch has got rid of Tripps at a cut price figure

I do believe that Sissoko still features largely in Poch’s plans for the season

Go figure

Nice that you’ve calmed down now though

No “fucking sergeant Bazali of the fucking Sissoko police” rants at 0145 am
Sounds like another poster

:pochcmon:

I do believe that Poch has got rid of Tripps at a cut price figure

I do believe that Sissoko still features largely in Poch’s plans for the season

Go figure

Nice that you’ve calmed down now though

No “fucking sergeant Bazali of the fucking Sissoko police” rants at 0145 am
Sounds like another poster

:pochcmon:

But Poch also picked Trippier continually for the last two years, even though you didn't rate him, no?

And we are apparently hawking Sissoko around - most recently as part of a deal for Zaniolo.

We will be lucky if we get the same amount for Sissoko (despite paying 30m for him) we did for Trippier (which represented 5 times the price we paid for him) and we shall see if he ends up at one of Europe's top clubs like dippier eh?

I've tweaked it a bit. If we can somehow do that I think we would be close to Pool/City.

Thing is we're already at 40m net spend. Selling Rose, Wanyama, Onomah, Janssen, and nkodou will probably get it down to 5m net spend so adding Lo Celso, Sess and Tierney probably isn't realistic. That's like 115m net spend which isn't happening.

£115m net spend is far from impossible - the Spurs Finance thread makes that very clear, and equally we have lots of room for increased wages as we are way below all other PL clubs in terms of wages/ revenue %. What we do need to manage is the number of overseas trained players (which would include Tierney).

Don't think that Tierney is good enough to take one of the overseas trained player slots, so we would need to find s better less injury prone pkayer

Tell me you are joking?

First they're loaning an 18yo CB from the French league, who inexperience aside would be their best centrehalf.

Now a midfielder that's not as good as at least 4 of our CM's is their captain.
Banter club

Fun times. :)

But Poch also picked Trippier continually for the last two years, even though you didn't rate him, no?

And we are apparently hawking Sissoko around - most recently as part of a deal for Zaniolo.

We will be lucky if we get the same amount for Sissoko (despite paying 30m for him) we did for Trippier (which represented 5 times the price we paid for him) and we shall see if he ends up at one of Europe's top clubs like dippier eh?

So you’re alleging that we’re trying to sell Sissoko
First I’ve heard of that story
One of our most popular players apart from you of course
Any reliable sources you’d like to share??

Tripps had a shit season after a good WC
That’s why Poch got rid

I’m delighted he won’t be wearing our shirt again

£115m net spend is far from impossible - the Spurs Finance thread makes that very clear, and equally we have lots of room for increased wages as we are way below all other PL clubs in terms of wages/ revenue %. What we do need to manage is the number of overseas trained players (which would include Tierney).

Don't think that Tierney is good enough to take one of the overseas trained player slots, so we would need to find s better less injury prone pkayer

I know not many here like him but I'd still go for Ake. He can cover at left back, is brilliant going forward, very athletic and is home grown too.

....Or some 'sources' just chose to ignore the ignore the "they're not for sale" statement from their chairman.

If Roma's stance is that they simply want Toby for 10-15m as things suggest, then they'll end up disappointment.

5 days of the 25m clause left... Tick Tock, Tick Tock....

I don’t believe their chairman said was they’re not looking to sell Zaniolo & Pellegrini, but they’ll listen to offers.

Back
Top Bottom