Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed.

Primarily, from a Spurs point of view, CE will know he's 'stuck' here if he doesn't perform.

Would still somewhat suprise me if CE did sign the rumoured deal though as it puts US firmly back in the drivers seat again, whereas he had/has us by the balls currently.

If at all genuinely interested, I certainly think RM would have been rolling the dice on getting him for nothing next summer.

Let's face it as fickle as they are, RM (club and fans alike) will be all over him if he has a good season and their current revamp isn't going according to plans.

I'd guess that Eriksen has probably been told that Madrid are not desperate to sign him atm.

I'd also guess that DL will recognise that Eriksen would like another chance of his dream to go to Madrid and at the same time had enjoyed his time at Spurs, so might well offer a long contract that gives Eriksen a long term future at Spurs but with an option that if Madrid offer say £100m in June next year that Spurs will accept, but otherwise he stays for another 4 or 5 years

And on that basis it's a win win for both Eriksen and Spurs.

Eddie Howe is not known for sending out defensively minded teams. They play in a certain way which puts the defence under a lot of pressure. I'm not saying Ake is a VVD or Maguire but I think he offers a versatility that Poch appreciates.

I get that, but quality should surely be a main concern... Surely we should seek some signs of this. We already have a utility man in Dier... Two or even 3 if you want to count Davies & Foyth.... Why spend out circa 40m on another that doesn't show distinct signs of upping the overall quality-quota?

Poch was trusting Aurier in a lot of big games last year.

If it wasn't for injury, over the course of the season; I believe Trippier would have been relegated to #2 on performances otherwise....

Serge only made about 17 appearances last season - less than he needed to as either preferred starter or rotation alternative, hence Trippier being over played.

So certainly no proof of anything - other than he was injured/unavailable too often ( including being a police cell rather than playing one or more games)

I get that, but quality should surely be a main concern... Surely we should seek some signs of this. We already have a utility man in Dier... Two or even 3 if you want to count Davies & Foyth.... Why spend out circa 40m on another that doesn't show distinct signs of upping the overall quality-quota?
Ake is by far Bournemouth's best individual defender. Have a look at any Bournemouth forum and most will say that with out him they would most likely have let in twice the amount of goals that they did.

There's also the factor that playing with better players might make Ake better as well.

We could probably look at flashier names but Ake should not just be written off because he plays for Bournemouth.

Kind of looks like perhaps

Toby stays one more year
Eriksen signs new contract
Lo Celso and Sessegnon sign
Foyth becomes RB

Rose, Waynama, Janssen, Onomah, Edwards and Nkouduo are sold.

Lloris
Foyth Toby Verts Sessegnon
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Eriksen
Kane Son

Selling Sissoko? He was massive last season.

Also, he seems to be crucial helping Ndombele settle in. Almost every pic Spurs have put out of Ndombele, Sissoko has been in it.

Conservative estimate spend of £86.4m? Just guessing these figures of course...

Sales - £71mPurchases - £157.4m
Dembele £11m
Trippier £20m
Rose £20m?
Carter-Vickers £5m?
Onomah £5m?
N'Koudou £5m?
Janssen £5m?
NDombele £53.8m
Clarke £8.6m

Rumored
Lo Celso £70m?
Sessegnon £25m?

That certainly doesn't sound like Mr Levy lol!

Serge only made about 17 appearances last season - less than he needed to as either preferred starter or rotation alternative, hence Trippier being over played.

So certainly no proof of anything - other than he was injured/unavailable too often ( including being a police cell rather than playing one or more games)

Sorry that doesn't make much sense.

Of course what I noted is indicative of the gaffa's opinion of the player...

Who would you ideally pick for the biggest games? ....If fit, the guy you thought was best, no?

The fact that Serge was injured doesn't change that, it simply provides an explanation as to why KT wasn't dropped for poor form.

(Of course, this is speculation, but my logic IS perfectly sound.)

Re: Police - Dodgy game you're playing:

...Plus, no-one seems to give a fuck about Hugo's DUI conviction anymore.

...which is subsequently siphoned out of the club.
If anything thinks that, they are being silly. Just that we cant claim in any shift of policy yet, until the window is over. We've mostly operated in a way that we spend with what we have sold. If we end up selling one of our better players to compensate for Tangy's purchase , nothing much has changed. Shouldnt include Trippier in one of our better players, so that sale is just a positive on its own.

I think he has shown he has abilities but is not consistent. The chance to work with Poch could make the difference. Anyway even if it's not him we need to be looking seriously at a left sided centre half. Vertonghen will not go on forever

Ake is by far Bournemouth's best individual defender. Have a look at any Bournemouth forum and most will say that with out him they would most likely have let in twice the amount of goals that they did.

There's also the factor that playing with better players might make Ake better as well.

We could probably look at flashier names but Ake should not just be written off because he plays for Bournemouth.

Granted, I've NEVER in my life looked on a Bournemouth forum. LOL

I'm not writing him off because he plays for them, just that I hadn't noticed a difference overall in their defensive prowess since he arrived.

If someone can vouch for his quality I'm all ears, but prior to your post, the 'pitch' I was receiving was on the basis of his versatility which left me remaining unconvinced.

Conservative estimate spend of £86.4m? Just guessing these figures of course...

Sales - £71mPurchases - £157.4m
Dembele £11m
Trippier £20m
Rose £20m?
Carter-Vickers £5m?
Onomah £5m?
N'Koudou £5m?
Janssen £5m?
NDombele £53.8m
Clarke £8.6m

Rumored
Lo Celso £70m?
Sessegnon £25m?

That certainly doesn't sound like Mr Levy lol!

You have to divide it by 2 since we didn’t buy anyone last year

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I should, but I have no idea how you guys stand that arrogant, obstinate cunt, bus-conducter.

I used to read SC, and on there he was an insufferable prick who literally believed he knew better than anyone else, including one of the highest rated managers in the world, with one of the worst cases of confirmation bias I've ever seen. If his posting on the last couple of pages is anything to go by, I see that little has changed in his self-obsessed world.

And this place is far less forgiving on pretentious cunts like him than SC is. I'm surprised you lot havent torn him to shreds yet.

Back
Top Bottom