Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread.

Does anyone know much about this Etete kid we signed ?

Same age as Parrott, has made a couple of short first team appearances for Notts County but there was mainly playing u18 football there

Looks good as a striker in the couple of YouTube videos online - but need much more to form a real judgement. Likely to be playing u23 football for Spurs next season - I'd guess first outing likely to be this weekend at u23 tournament in Brittany ( see youth thread) so will get better feedback then.

That's one thing about Poch he's got to own his mistakes and realise once we buy we can't always get rid of them easily. Aurier was his choice as far as I know, he has to take responsibility for that and do better next time.

Hard to tell sometimes if a player will work or not though, that's the issue mate.

Even N'dombele might flop (although that seems highly unlikely.)

This is why it's always risky offloading a first choice player like Trippier because even if he wasn't that good he was still the best we had and would have made a great backup option from the bench and now we are left with 3 massive gambles as our first choice options and even weaker options from the bench.

Aurier could turn good, Foyth could be the best RB we have ever had and KWP could have a breakout season, those are all possible scenarios.

The other possible scenarios are they are all mediocre and end up costing us more points than Trippier ever did and that becomes a massive area of weakness for us that will be abused by teams and that could have been avoided by taking a gamble on a player with a better track record at RB, someone like Alves for example.

Which like I say, doesn't always work out but it definitely lessens the risk involved.

Does this mean anything?
Just went to Spurs shop. Ndombele is no 28.
(4) Toby (16) KWP (18) FL not available
Edit: It depends what size you want. Toby's name available on some sizes but not KWP.

Last edited:
Those of you bigging up Sessegnon, have you actually seen him stand out defensively? I ask because whenever I've seen him play he's been a winger or attacker, the YouTube showreels hardly show him defending.

Whatever you may feel about Danny Rose leaving, he is an outstanding defender, that's still a key role of any wing back (as the name suggests)

Interesting. Llorente still describes himself as a Tottenham player on his twitter.
Edit: Just went to the shop and Llorente's name not an option.
Ndombele is no 28.

Well hopefully this means we are swooping for Lo Celso because somebody obviously is if Betis are agreeing that deal. . .

61ce47c1353727a86464838643a5e3cfadd451fd222d38e1ea2a14be291f2b26.jpg

Those of you bigging up Sessegnon, have you actually seen him stand out defensively? I ask because whenever I've seen him play he's been a winger or attacker, the YouTube showreels hardly show him defending.

Whatever you may feel about Danny Rose leaving, he is an outstanding defender, that's still a key role of any wing back (as the name suggests)

We are obviously looking for full backs with pace to burn that can put in a cross.

Does this mean anything?
Just went to Spurs shop. Ndombele is no 28.
(4) Toby (16) KWP (18) FL not available
Edit: It depends what size you want. Toby's name available on some sizes but not KWP.

It could just be glitches or maybe KWP is getting a new number (Trippier's?) but it's not decided yet

I don't think looking at the shop would give away significant info into our transfer plans

Liverpool squad is not that strong. Does not compare to city. They got away with it last season as the front three hardly missed any games. Who covers for Mane or Salah. Both have played in Afcon and may be susceptible to injuries late in the season. Same for Firmino in copa America. The cover is shaquiri and Origi. Sturridge has gone. Also young lad from under 17 World Cup team. Brewster.
Ox will be back and Milner is one yr older. No left back cover as Moreno gone. Suggestions are that they have bid for Rose (epllion).
If they were hit with half the injuries we had last season ....they would be nowhere near.
All their goals are from the front 3. Prob get goals from Ox but not much from the rest of midfield.

Mancity Liverpool and Spurs ( in whatever order) probably have the strongest 3 squads, and after that it's a fight between :

Manu - desperate to get rid of Alexis Sanchez ( on high wages so nobody will take him) Pogba as he is inconsistent either very good or bad ( again high wages, whilst their main striker wants out, and most fans want half the squad gone. They have money but top players see the problems there and few will join. Desperate for CL to improve their standing but several teams to compete with.

Chelsea ,- Minus Hazard may struggle to get goals, think their season may depend upon how quickly Hudson Odoi comes back from injury and whether he is ready to step up to consistently be " the man" . Tough ask

Woolwich - Shambles and limited transfer budget. Unless they strengthen in this TW somehow will probably finish 6th.

Wolves - Getting a good squad together but may lack the depth necessary to play midweek in EL as well as PL.

So provided we get in players we want, we may still have some weaker areas ( eg RB) but we have every chance of finishing 2nd or 3 rd without the injuries we had last season.

Back
Top Bottom