Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of curiosity, do you have numbers?

Not as bad as i remember

150 mill euro release clause

Not that low, but at this rate, that could be nothing in 2 or 3 years

True, i agree to a certain extent, but like FightingIllini FightingIllini just said.. Losing Toby and even more so Eriksen on a free next year in my opinion is an incredibly daft move when we could coup around 85m- 100m for the pair this summer.

EDIT.. Unless of course they put pen to paper and sign new deals, but i'm not sure they'll do that either.

If we can, we will.... That part's a no brainer.

Can't force clubs to buy them or force them to leave. That's the tricky part.

I think Eriksen is holding everything up. If he goes then more than likely we'll move for Lo Celso, if he stays then we might go for a cheaper option than Lo Celso to add some depth to that department.

Ceballos clearly wants minutes and to be back at Madrid next season. Something I don't think Spurs can guarantee or want to happen, so maybe leave it.

If we do lose Eriksen, then I'd be happy with Lo Celso and Sessengon coming in on top of the Ndombele signing. Maybe one more for depth, but a lot depends on outgoings to.. Wanyama, Alderweireld, Onomah..

So, having forgiven Ceballos for his dodgy tweets, he ends up signing for the Arse, can we go full steam ahead and add him to the long roster of Dial Square sexpests and nonces?

#HasSportsDesksOnSpeedDial

I’m guessing that Ceballos wants a loan without an option to buy.

Otherwise there is no reason why he’d be indifferent between a team that’s going to CL and one that’s going to Europa next year, all he’s interested in is playing time.

Makes me also wonder if our deal fell through because he wanted a loan without an option to buy.

Not as bad as i remember

150 mill euro release clause

Not that low, but at this rate, that could be nothing in 2 or 3 years
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if that's met in two or three years if his trajectory remains on it's current path. That's what, 125m in GBP? Liverpool paid 75m for VvD the other year I think.

Feel a bit sad for Tripps. Sat on the bench and waited for his opportunities. At times was a decent player... things haven't gone for him but he still tried and hasn't moaned from what I can tell.

I feel a lot of the fanbase don't care for him which must have an impact. Good luck to him, I hope he gets a stonking deal and his family have a great time abroad.

Plucked out of a regular relegation battle at Burnley, played regularly for a top 4 club whilst rotating with Walker, 2 seasons as Spurs #1, England place & world cup demi-heroics, CL final..... Swansong at damn good European team. Became very wealthy in the process.

Could have been a lot worse for him.

If getting his wages off the books for a year gets us the Eriksen deal we want, and it's a player Poch thinks he can use, so be it, everybody wins.

His wages will be insignificant to RM in the grand scheme of things.

RM just want someone to give him some game time whilst the player is said not to want to leave the club long term.

Last edited:
His wages will be a insignificant to RM in the grand scheme of things.

RM just want someone to give him some game time whilst the players is said not to want to leave the club long term.

Sure, well again, if that's the price of weaseling out of this Eriksen mess without losing our shirts, then it's perfectly good business.

Maybe there are other options, but if it's that or nothing you do that.

Crazy that people think Atletico, Juve and Napoli are interested in “championship level” players and after three years still can’t see why Trippier at his best is an asset to this club and losing him actually weakens us.

If the club think it's time for him to go; I'm cool with it.

At the end of the day, the tittle-tattle on here doesn't mean a great deal, mate.

.....Maybe Poch is backing Serge or we have someone else in the pipeline.

Back
Top Bottom