Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice one... Fearing the worst will lead to ulcers. :)
Not really the etiological process for ulcers. So I guess that's another realm of knowledge (footballers, tactics, medical pathology...the list grows) I can scratch you off of being helpful with. It is amazing that you are able to call upon any reserves to post so much, everyday. I guess you're like the striker that's shooting his way out of a slump. Sooner or later we will hit a topic for which you will be a font of all wisdom. It'll probably be the bum fluff arena but you will doubtless show your worth.

Not really the etiological process for ulcers. So I guess that's another realm of knowledge (footballers, tactics, medical pathology...the list grows) I can scratch you off of being helpful with. It is amazing that you are able to call upon any reserves to post so much, everyday. I guess you're like the striker that's shooting his way out of a slump. Sooner or later we will hit a topic for which you will be a font of all wisdom. It'll probably be the bum fluff arena but you will doubtless show your worth.

Aren't you a riot :)

Truth's probably somewhere in the middle (or nowhere on the horizon whatsoever!).... Why would Poch want to let go of a second 'WC' RB in 2 years?

As for price.... Seen £20m, £25m & 60m (euro) from various sources in the last 24hrs alone....

Silly season looks like it's shifting up a gear. :chicco:

Why would Poch want to get rid of Walker? Who was “far superior” and was half a year into a new 6 year contract? To let Walker triple his wages....? How kind.

Echoing spendiola. Buy championships blah blah

We might not like it but that's football mate, people believing we can keep competing "the right way" are delusional quite frankly.

People need to decide what they want for this club, to be run the "right way" and be happy with qualifying for the CL and occasionally, with a lot of luck, getting a shot at a trophy but probably coming up short OR this club being one that wins things on a continual basis at the cost of us joining the rest of the money bag clubs, we will never compete if we don't join them imo.

Frankly, I think life is too short to be giving a shit about how we win things, I love this club and I want to see us win a trophy whilst I am still breathing air, winning is what sports is all about, this whole runners up medal mentality is such a weak modern day outlook, second place doesn't mean fuck all in my eyes, first place is all that matters, I will support us no matter what, even if we finish bottom next season but if we fail I want us to fail aiming high, a great person said that once...that's what this club is all about.

I don't understand people who care more about Daniel Levy and ENIC and their bank balance than this club winning things, why do they even bother watching football? I have even seen people say "If we get purchased by money bag owners I will stop watching spurs" that's pathetic imo.

Someone said in here the other day "I can't stand that football is all about winning trophies now, this is the best time to be a spurs supporter, I am happy"

That right there is a loser mentality imo, you can be happy with where we are and appreciate how far we have come but still want more, it's called ambition, settling for second best is just not what this club should be about.

I really dislike Klopp but I wish we showed the same ambition and outlook, Poch certainly does but it has yet to be shown if our owners do, time will tell, let's see how this window ends.

So when people said Trippier wasn’t a top 3/4 RB despite being a top 3/4 RB for the last four seasons.......and they said he was a championship player worth 12M...........

See where I’m going?
Or maybe you know more than Juventus and should go and work for them, they must need some people from the internet in their scouting team.
And all those people who said Paulinho was fucking dreadful must be wrong because Barcelona signed him.
:harryhmm:

Why would Poch want to get rid of Walker? Who was “far superior” and was half a year into a new 6 year contract? To let Walker triple his wages....? How kind.

The implication was meant to be letting the 2nd (KT) go having already 'succumbed to' losing KW.... Obv. we didn't pro-atively want rid of KW.

Not sure if Paulinho was first choice in a top 4 PL team for three and a bit seasons, finishing 2nd, 3rd, 3rd 4th....?

Let me know
Trippier was absolutely not first choice in our third and second place seasons of 17/16 and 16/17 respectively.

I'm being a little tongue in cheek with the Paulinho reference - but regarding Trippier, it really does seem evident that he's a weak link in the side, especially given how well our pacey fullback combination of Walker and Rose worked at their pomp.

Why would Juve (allegedly) want him? Not sure. Perhaps they see him having little defensive burnen playing for the best team in a poorer league...

I don't take the interest from foreign leagues as an indication that he's good enough for us going forward. If an English team registered an interest then I wonder what level of club it would be.

We might not like it but that's football mate, people believing we can keep competing "the right way" are delusional quite frankly.

People need to decide what they want for this club, to be run the "right way" and be happy with qualifying for the CL and occasionally, with a lot of luck, getting a shot at a trophy but probably coming up short OR this club being one that wins things on a continual basis at the cost of us joining the rest of the money bag clubs, we will never compete if we don't join them imo.

Frankly, I think life is too short to be giving a shit about how we win things, I love this club and I want to see us win a trophy whilst I am still breathing air, winning is what sports is all about, this whole runners up medal mentality is such a weak modern day outlook, second place doesn't mean fuck all in my eyes, first place is all that matters, I will support us no matter what, even if we finish bottom next season but if we fail I want us to fail aiming high, a great person said that once...that's what this club is all about.

I don't understand people who care more about Daniel Levy and ENIC and their bank balance than this club winning things, why do they even bother watching football? I have even seen people say "If we get purchased by money bag owners I will stop watching spurs" that's pathetic imo.

Someone said in here the other day "I can't stand that football is all about winning trophies now, this is the best time to be a spurs supporter, I am happy"

That right there is a loser mentality imo, you can be happy with where we are and appreciate how far we have come but still want more, it's called ambition, settling for second best is just not what this club should be about.

I really dislike Klopp but I wish we showed the same ambition and outlook, Poch certainly does but it has yet to be shown if our owners do, time will tell, let's see how this window ends.
So I can understand where you're coming from, could you tell me what you want?

Trippier was absolutely not first choice in our third and second place seasons of 17/16 and 16/17 respectively.

I'm being a little tongue in cheek with the Paulinho reference - but regarding Trippier, it really does seem evident that he's a weak link in the side, especially given how well our pacey fullback combination of Walker and Rose worked at their pomp.

Why would Juve (allegedly) want him? Not sure. Perhaps they see him having little defensive burnen playing for the best team in a poorer league...

I don't take the interest from foreign leagues as an indication that he's good enough for us going forward. If an English team registered an interest then I wonder what level of club it would be.

Trippier became first choice for the final third of 16/17 and was first choice for 17/18.

You only have to read Pochettino's own words in his book to confirm what happened in the latter part of 16/17.

What is evident is how having no consistently decent/fit midfielders is the weak link of this side. That's evident because we achieved no better with Walker and Rose as a pairing than we have with Trippier, but the only season with a with a consistent and balanced midfield of Wanyama/Dembele we hit 2nd. before that with Walker/Rose several seasons outside top 4 and a 3rd and (relatively) shit in Europe/CL. Since that midfield with Trippier, a 3rd and a 4th and a CL final (and some other very decent results last two years).

Everyone knows it's Omega3/6 and Bacteria based now... But stress will definitely strain the adrenals and set the scene.

H.Pylori, for example, is demonstrated to be regulated down by ALA and L.Plantarum, deep stuff.

"Physiological functions of CLA and HYA. CLA and HYA are produced from linoleic acid by intestinal bacteria. c9,t11-CLA ameliorates insulin sensitivity and prevents atherosclerosis, t10,c12-CLA deteriorates insulin sensitivity and promotes atherosclerosis, and t9,t11-CLA prevents atherosclerosis. HYA enhances intestinal barrier function by increasing occludin expression and inhibiting intestinal inflammation in a GPR40-dependent manner. HYA inhibits atopic dermatitis by increasing claudin-1 expression and enhancing skin barrier function. HYA also inhibits gastric Helicobacter infections by blocking the bacterial futalosine pathways. "

Not deep enough and wrong in conclusion = https://www.researchgate.net/public...ogical_factors_of_duodenal_and_gastric_ulcers

"The most common cause of duodenal and gastric ulcer was Helicobacter pylori, and it was responsible for three-fourths of the cases. About half of the patients had a history of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug use, and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug and Helicobacter pylori were both responsible for the ulcer in three-fourths of these patients. In about one-tenth of the patients, nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug use was the cause of ulcer alone, and about one-tenth of the ulcers were classified as idiopathic. "

Given the above, you can see the H.Pylori blaming is foolish, dated thinking. Trigger yes, cause no. Béchamp looking pretty smug nowadays, to me.

(Bored on nights)

Last edited:
Trippier became first choice for the final third of 16/17 and was first choice for 17/18.

You only have to read Pochettino's own words in his book to confirm what happened in the latter part of 16/17.

What is evident is how having no consistently decent/fit midfielders is the weak link of this side. That's evident because we achieved no better with Walker and Rose as a pairing than we have with Trippier, but the only season with a with a consistent and balanced midfield of Wanyama/Dembele we hit 2nd. before that with Walker/Rose several seasons outside top 4 and a 3rd and (relatively) shit in Europe/CL. Since that midfield with Trippier, a 3rd and a 4th and a CL final (and some other very decent results last two years).
'Poch's own words'. Disputed by Walker, interestingly (I'm not necessarily saying that Walker is the correct party). It's not outside the realms of possibility that Trippier's promotion was based on Poch's upset with Walker rather than being a decision based on quality.

Midfielders are key, I wouldn't disagree, but we did achieve better with Rose and Walker on the pitch than with Trippier as our starter. Aside from improving markedly in the CL (possibly with more and more experience in the competition) we've regressed over the last two years.

Will sorting the midfield out help that? Of course.

Would sorting our full backs help further? I'm sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom