Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on with that 👍 Although I think his goal against Bolton in the cup was better. Out on the touchline and bent in a beauty at the Paxton. Most of the crowd couldn't believe it.
We couldn't win an FA Cup match to save our lives at the time. Typically they went up the other end and scored a leveller - Whatmore I think.

Yep, best Hod goal I ever saw. Opposition players/reporters all said it was a fluke, but we knew better.

Used to play pool in the Manor House and the Salisbury. They filmed part of the Long Good Friday in there, as well as at Harringay dogs.
Who remembers the George Robey?
I remember going down there one night to watch a band Blood Sport (our mate was their drummer). Steve Marriott (Small Faces) also happened to be in there drinking. They soon had him up on stage for a rendition of Itchycoo Park.
I still remember it to this day.

True - but then again if you could stand above the tunnel in the enclosure...that was superb.

Stood there for a few years including as a ST holder until we got moved to the middle of the shelf. A packed shelf was a glorius sight, and one of the reasons why we chose to stay in the Paxton in NWHL. The white wall is best viewed from there.
A couple of memories stick out from the enclosure:
Playing Millwall in 2nd division. Couldn't get near my usual spot by the tunnel, as every hard nut in town decided they wanted to get near to the away support and I ended up on half way line.
There were a couple of mobs who always stood by the tunnel, both led by massive guys. Just before ko at one match one of them went up to the other and lumped him one! Nothing else kicked off, and they continued to stand there in future until we moved.

We're the enclosure, we're the enclosure, we're the enclosure Tottenham!

That picture from Brighton really brought back some memories. Our routine was to have a late breakfast in the café just down from WHL Station and then go into Warmington House for a few beers. We'd queue up for Mary (god bless her soul) to give us a train ticket for the next away game. Stood on the Shelf which was such a special place.
Then we'd meet up at St P, Euston or wherever and board the football special. On arrival, we'd be met by Midland/Northern Spurs and you really felt like an invading army. Wonderful memories of Blackpool, Bolton, Mansfield just to think of a few.
I'm 62 now and whilst this modern era of fancy stadiums, Monday kick offs and tourist tickets is OK (just), I would not have missed the 70;s for anything.

Stood there for a few years including as a ST holder until we got moved to the middle of the shelf. A packed shelf was a glorius sight, and one of the reasons why we chose to stay in the Paxton in NWHL. The white wall is best viewed from there.
Playing Millwall in 2nd division. Couldn't get near my usual spot by the tunnel, as every hard nut in town decided they wanted to get near to the away support and I ended up on half way line.
There were a couple of mobs who always stood by the tunnel, both led by massive guys. Just before ko at one match one of them went up to the other and lumped him one! Nothing else kicked off, and they continued to stand there in future until we moved.

Anyone in the enclosure that day remember the millwall bod with the twitch on the other side of the fence !

How good was Hoddle?
Ridiculous he was never truly appreciated in England. The people abroad use to laugh at the way he was treated in the England set up.

Platini said exactly that. He said if Hoddle was French he would have both been captain of, and never have missed a match for his country!

Last edited:
The Bolton goal was better than the Watford one as it was a much tighter angle and outside the box. Just forgotton/unknown as not on TV. Glad to say I was present for the Man U and Forest goals.

I loved the routine of away games, Always on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm, so it didn't matter where we had to travel to, we didn't have to get up at silly o'clock and we'd be home before midnight. Some of my random memories from travelling on the Supporter's Club trains:
- Jack with his trolley, sorting out the programmes
- wagon wheels
- we always seemed to get the oldest rolling stock, but to be fair, they always got us there on time
- whenever we stopped at Crewe, the train spotters getting a load of verbal abuse

Back
Top Bottom