Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another one LMAO.....are you 10...its just a name, grown ups with a set of balls really are not bothered by things like that... ...this place just gets better...do you want to call me fatty as well.........by the way I am a slim 12 stone and 5 feet 9 ha ha......
Hmmmmm.
I've read all your posts on this thread, Nigel6305. There is a vast difference between 'criticism' and 'mindless, moaning negativity'. You seem to think you're posting the former, but in fact you're posting the latter.

Mindless, moaning negativity is guaranteed to provoke angry reactions, but when you indulge in doing it in a thread whose purpose is 'positivity', it's doubly unacceptable.

I am not naiive. I don't expect you to agree with me, or even to understand me, so I shall save myself the bother of answering your response by posting it here and now, in language you may appreciate...

You're a silly cunt. Fuck off.

HA ha..like I give a fuck what u want .....i love how pissed some people get because u say it how it is.....we were shite...clueless.....and frankly bottled probably the one and only chance at a champions league final....well worth being proud of and not criticising...

Do us all a favour you twat and delete your account

We are winning the CL next season !

What's sad is we give Liverpool fans stick but they probably believed they COULD go and win the CL the following season after losing to Madrid.

Let's have a look at it:

2017-18
Liverpool finish 4th
25 points off top
Champions League runners up.

2018-19
Tottenham finish 4th
27 points off top

Yet we have some fans who would laugh at you if you told them we could reach the Champions League final again. I am willing to bet Liverpool fans thought they'd make it again the following year. Why not?

We've just proven we can get there. We had to go to Nou Camp, Etihad, Westfalenstadion, Cruyff arena and get results. We did. We can do it again.

Poch needs backing in the summer, no doubt about it but we also need to believe we can also do it instead of writing it off as a "one off"

Well it ended almost 'Spursy' in disappointment. Except that is wasn't Spursy, not at all. I could be all bitter and twisted about that severely dislikable club, but quite frankly, they're not that important
I stood in the stadium looking at red shirts all around, and noticing the various countries that they came from, and thinking that must have been a huge bandwagon they came in on. Then I turned around and saw ours. They too were from around the world, but these people did not choose our club, as so many of ours say, our club choose them.
No trophies, no bragging rights, no entitlement or arrogance.
There was however the the promise of the great man, 'An echo of glory.'
People say that I am lucky to be a season ticket holder, and to get tickets for every game. But like a lot of you, I was working so hard at the time, that I didn't realise how lucky I was.
I don't however, believe that I am a better fan than those who don't go. I have seen videos of fans around the world celebrating THAT goal, at some unearthly hour of the night, indeed I have a mate in OZ who gets up half an hour before he goes to bed to watch the games, properly shirted up, and all.😃
Over a very big jug of Sangria last night, we trotted out the old chestnut, 'if I told you in August etc.' and you all know the answer to that one.
The adversity that we overcame this year is well documented in the media, no actually, it is not, it is most definitely not well document by the bloody media. But we did something heroic this year, we know it and that will do for me.
One of the things I love about Spurs is the blokes who have been going as long as I have. Some I chat to, some I say hello to, and some I am just on nodding terms with.
But in Manchester and Amsterdam I danced around the seats with,them grabbed and hugged them and got lost in the madness with them.
In Madrid I saw a few before the game and we all knew that this what what we had searched for since we were robbed in'62.
It didn't end well but lately, in Cup Finals, it never does. We now have reached a point where brave and probably, difficult decisions must be made. It is the threshold of the fabled 'next level.' We have now all the tools, the man, the stadium and the Chairman, whatever you think of him. But It must rest finally, with the owner.
He may be remote and almost surreal, but as far as I know it is not oil money, nor stolen from a country's people, no vanity project,no rampant egotism nor the blood money of a despotic dictator.
It could be worse but it could be better. Step up Joe, now is the time.
But down here among the hopeful, it is those that we nod to, that will sustain that most intangible of possessions, our club.

Last edited:
Well it ended almost 'Spursy' in disappointment. Except that is wasn't Spursy, not at all. I could be all bitter and twisted about that severely dislikable club, but quite frankly, they're not that important
I stood in the stadium looking at red shirts all around, and noticing the various countries that they came from, and thinking that must have been a huge bandwagon they came in on. Then I turned around and saw ours. They too were from around the world, but these people did not choose our club, as so many of ours say, our club choose them.
People say that I am lucky to be a season ticket holder, and to get tickets for every game. But like a lot of you, I was working so hard at the time, that I didn't realise how lucky I was.
I don't however, believe that I am a better fan than those who don't go. I have seen videos of fans around the world celebrating THAT goal, at some unearthly hour of the night, indeed I have a mate in OZ who gets up half an hour before he goes to bed to watch the games, properly shirted up, and all.😃
Over a very big jug of Sangria last night, we trotted out the old chestnut, 'if I told you in August etc.' and you all know the answer to that one.
The adversity that we overcame this year is well documented in the media, no actually, it is not, it is most definitely not well document by the bloody media. But we did something heroic this year, we know it and that will do for me.
One of the things I love about Spurs is the blokes who have been going as long as I have. Some I chat to, some I say hello to, and some I am just on nodding terms with.
But in Manchester and Amsterdam I danced around the seats with,them grabbed and hugged them and got lost in the madness with them.
In Madrid I saw a few before the game and we all knew that this what what we had searched for since we were robbed in'62.
It didn't end well but lately, in Cup Finals, it never does. We now have reached a point where brave and probably, difficult decisions must be made. It is the threshold of the fabled 'next level.' We have now all the tools, the man, the stadium and the Chairman, whatever you think of him. But It must rest finally, with the owner.
He may be remote and almost surreal, but as far as I know it is not oil money, nor stolen from a country's people, no vanity project,no rampant egotism nor the blood money of a despotic dictator.
But down here among the hopeful, it is those that we nod to, that will sustain that most intangible of possessions, our club.

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...s6MjMyMDM5ODIwNDg4NzEyOQ==&av=100008398802991
Ok bot

What's sad is we give Liverpool fans stick but they probably believed they COULD go and win the CL the following season after losing to Madrid.

Let's have a look at it:

2017-18
Liverpool finish 4th
25 points off top

2018-19
Tottenham finish 4th
27 points off top

Yet we have some fans who would laugh at you if you told them we could reach the Champions League final again. I am willing to bet Liverpool fans thought they'd make it again the following year. Why not?

We've just proven we can get there. We had to go to Nou Camp, Etihad, Westfalenstadion, Cruyff arena and get results. We did. We can do it again.

Poch needs backing in the summer, no doubt about it but we also need to believe we can also do it instead of writing it off as a "one off"

We can mock the Dippers all we like, but a cross-section of our lot have been sniveling wusses all season.... "We're doomed" at every obstacle.

Great post Arthur.

Getting to the final is a massive achievement. While we were getting there, Knocking massive teams out. Other massive teams were also missing out. Lessone will have been learned. Maybe next time we will get it. I hope so. The future is VERY bright for THFC.

Nice one Nige, you're a card.
Talking of which, surely there's enough on here to get dear old Nige carded?
Really..everybody having a go and I should be carded because I said the team bottled it...look at no point did I start calling anybody names or being abusive. But I did respond when called various names, or told to f..k off...or that I was this and that.....i have a different opinion to some but never started the abuse because I didn't agree with someone................

Back
Top Bottom