Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just found out my son has a baseball "extravaganza" that day. I know, you lot don't give an F about baseball, but my oldest has Aspergers, and he plays on an team of kids with special needs, and this is the first time he's felt like part of a team. He absolutely loves it. His brother and cousins all play multiple sports and he feels left out. This is the only sport he can really play (might try golf when he's a bit older) so this is kind of a big deal for him.

Of course the league has scheduled their day to host the similar teams in the area all at one complex for 2-3 games on......JUNE EFFING 1ST.

3PM local time for the Final. No way we'll be done with baseball. I can either 1) watch on my phone while i'm there and piss off my wife, 2) stay home to watch with my other son (huge Spurs fan like me), REALLY piss off my wife AND terribly disappoint my son, or 3) I can shut my phone off, and DVR it.

Option 3 it is. FML.

Just found out my son has a baseball "extravaganza" that day. I know, you lot don't give an F about baseball, but my oldest has Aspergers, and he plays on an team of kids with special needs, and this is the first time he's felt like part of a team. He absolutely loves it. His brother and cousins all play multiple sports and he feels left out. This is the only sport he can really play (might try golf when he's a bit older) so this is kind of a big deal for him.

Of course the league has scheduled their day to host the similar teams in the area all at one complex for 2-3 games on......JUNE EFFING 1ST.

3PM local time for the Final. No way we'll be done with baseball. I can either 1) watch on my phone while i'm there and piss off my wife, 2) stay home to watch with my other son (huge Spurs fan like me), REALLY piss off my wife AND terribly disappoint my son, or 3) I can shut my phone off, and DVR it.

Option 3 it is. FML.

My son is in a sea fishing competition....in Liverpool!!

Guys, first of all massive congrats for getting to the final!!! You deserve to be there,Hope you turn over the bin dippers !
I’ve got 2 flights booked for Madrid flying from Gatwick on the 31st coming back on the 3rd, if any one is interested give me a shout👍

Corner of my bedroom, curled up in the fetal position...
Do you really hate it that badly? Come on Eddie. When it’s tight it’s brilliant. It’s the only reason I watch when it means something. Since I was a little kid football has provided me with some of the most fantastic moments. Yeah, I know, marriages, births, career opportunities, but can last second winners compete with any of these things? Of course they can’t, and it’s heresy to suggest otherwise. If this wasn’t true we’d all give up work and spend the rest of our lives, sitting around in our own filth, watching re-runs of famous Tottenham victories and ordering in pizza. Who wants to live like that?

:kanehand:

Last edited:
I am not sure BT sport will allow it to be shown in our stadium (and Pool) as probably hoping that they will gain new customers taking up their sport package.

Do you really hate it that badly? Come on Eddie. When it’s tight it’s brilliant. It’s the only reason I watch when it means something. Since I was a little kid football has provided me with some of the most fantastic moments. Yeah, I know, marriages, births, career opportunities, but can last second winners compete with any of these things? Of course they can’t, and it’s heresy to suggest otherwise. If this wasn’t true we’d all give up work and spend the rest of our lives, sitting around in our own filth, watching re-runs of famous Tottenham victories and ordering in pizza. Who wants to live like that?

:kanehand:
I don't hate it at all, brother. I fucking love it. I grew up watching sporting events here in the States. And while I love my teams over here, nothing compares to Spurs. The passion is unbelievable. Tottenham has brought me to tears, literally, on many occasions. The most recent being yesterday. I was crying like a baby. And I've only been on board for ten years or so. I cant imagine the effect it has on lifers like yourself. I'm 4,000 miles away from North London, yet I feel fully vested. When I say I'm a nervous fucking wreck, I mean it. Proper Football is the most passionate sport on the planet, bar none. I just wish I would have found it earlier. It puts anything we have here in the States to shame. So when I say I'll be watching the CL Final in the fetal position, it isn't because I hate it. It's because I love Spurs with all of my heart and soul...

When it’s tight it’s brilliant.
Jimmy-Saville.png

No not a tout and bought them before we even drew you as hoped we'd get there and not have to pay extortionate prices to fly out with his son, who now doesn't want to be in Madrid with thousands of fucking scouse pricks....

Looks like you won't be wanting them.
Aren’t airlines all over that these days? I didn’t think you could change flight details over or if so they charge you the difference of the ticket bought before and the price of it the day you wanna change it

Otherwise we’d all be flights futures traders on euro football nights

Back
Top Bottom