We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There will be myriad narratives arising out of these last two Champions League games that will generate a lot of analysis. Both Liverpool and Spurs were missing their best forwards—Mo Salah and Harry Kane, respectively, which might elicit a take or two. The fact that two teams erased three-goal deficits in the Champions League semifinals probably says something about the efficiency of modern elite offensive football and what happens when teams go all-out on attack. But none of these things are important at the moment. As Bruce Springsteen puts it, life is at its fullest when one plus one equals three. This was that. Pochettino described the comeback as “very close to a miracle”—which undersells it. What is important is the impossible high sports can bring. There are a lot of people who, before Wednesday, did not know that they would think fondly of Lucas Moura for the rest of their lives, or that Spurs’ vaguely ugly green jerseys would become cherished reminders of a legendary night.

Its odd i thought we would do it from the start of the second half, i only gave up hope after the corner where hugo came up.........

Well its impossible for me to get flights from Ireland because we are playing liverpool. Any other team than liverpool or united in the final and i could get there ffs, I can't believe it.
Impossible for me to miss work on the friday or monday so I'll be watching it at home ffs.
Gutted is not the word

Well its impossible for me to get flights from Ireland because we are playing liverpool. Any other team than liverpool or united in the final and i could get there ffs, I can't believe it.
Impossible for me to miss work on the friday or monday so I'll be watching it at home ffs.
Gutted is not the word
Flight to London and watching it in a Spurs pub?

Gutted is not the word
Just had a look from London - internal flights in spain were cheap as chips £26 Ibiza -Madrid - may be worth trying to see if you can get an early / late flight to Ibiza or something...unfortunately all the flights to Spain (everywhere) are now a lot harder to get.

Let's not forget the ref. Apart from not booking Blind for kicking the Moose he got it right all game and got it right especially with the added time at the end.

I am still pinching myself. Did we really just do that.
Unashamed to say I teared up at the fulltime whistle.

Then went to work and got SFA done all day. Just humming Spurs chants all fucking day!
At 5am June 2 I will be in a pub in Melbourne watching us hopefully have our best day in our history with hundreds of fellow yids.

You got the ticket and travel for £330? That's a dood deal if that's whaat you've done.
Booked the out flight for £32 after the City game, to Murcia. Bought the return flight last night for £172. Accommodation care of airbnb for £20 each a night for 3 nights. Return train fair to Madrid £78. Of course, I have the ticket to pay for, and there is a small chance I may have a beer when out there 🙄

Back
Top Bottom