Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So how do we compete with City for the title

I mean, let's speak honestly here. It *might* be impossible.

Getting back to the 86 point behemoth we were in 2016-17 is possible. Maybe a few things break our way we can get up to 90.

I don't know how we become a 98-100 point team without just spunking an ungodly amount of money on new elite players to replace the already very good beloved club legends we already have.

For me it's about giving our best in the cups where we CAN beat anybody on the day and just hope that title winning level comes back down to sanity. It might. City (or Liverpool or whoever) need to not just spend but spend extremely well to maintain this, and that's really difficult.

I want to see us compete in the transfer market but realise we can't and won't spend as much as them.
But we have more chance of winning the title if we increase our transfer budget and give Poch more backing than if we continue to to operate a zero net spend policy or sign no-one at all as per the last 2 windows.

You keep asking me the same meaningless questions mate.

Here's a question for you:
Do you think Poch would appreciate having more financial backing and an increased transfer budget, or would prefer to continue with the same level of support he's recieved thus far.

Ive asked the same question because you haven’t answered it.

You think we need to competed in the market to compete for trophies. Your entire stance has changed.
Suddenly it’s “spend a bit more than Cardiff”.
You can pretend all you like all of a sudden you want to spend moderately, but you don’t.
You have a major problem with zero net spend.....we could buy players for 100M but for you it means nothing if we sell all the deadwood for the same amount.

You want debt, you want to spend big, you want to compete with Chelsea and City and Liverpool in the market.
You laughed at the Shaqiri to Spurs links....well there he is assisting 3-3 in the CL semi against Barca.

You want expensive players......but now it’s not about “doing like the others” all of a sudden.

I think Poch would be happy to spend some money. I think he’d be happier without 50 injuries in a season though.

I think he understands why he hasn’t been given massive funds.

Fucking Scouse cunts....if we luck out and somehow beat Ajax.. what chance do we have against these inbreds...not sure I can stomach looking a final to them so maybe it's for the best we don't........................

Fucking Scouse cunts....if we luck out and somehow beat Ajax.. what chance do we have against these inbreds...not sure I can stomach looking a final to them so maybe it's for the best we don't........................
There is nothing I would like more than to see Klopp's massively ugly gob shut by the walking wounded of Tottenham. I hate that toothy gimp even more than I hate anyone on this site.

ooops - wrong thread, I think.

I see Poch's comments got the puppets to dance....

tenor.gif

I think the comment is just leaverage. If he wins the CL he knows Levy will do anything to keep him at the club and so Poch is giving an impression that maybe he will be done. The result? If Poch wins the CL he gets paid more than any other manager by a mile. Poch is a smart, and he understands business. And he has no agent and negotiates himself. Seems to have done very well for himself so far, he knows what he is doing and nothing is said without reason.

He in't leaving though, obviously. Can't believe anyone would really think that. Maybe if he did the quadruple I'd believe it.

then you should go back and find every rotten decision we've had both over this season (Son pen, last minute at wembley, as an example), and on that specific run and give them the if and but treatment too

Are you trying to say that he’s a boring little tit?

Going home is some sort of a saying like ‘I’m done here’, at least it is here in Romania so I can only guess it’s similar in Spain/Italy. I know he’s an Argie, but as far as I know Murphy, the town he’s born in has Italian influences and obviously Argentina has Spanish influences.
Wow.

Congratulations this is the best post of the whole thread for seeing something totally wrong.

I think the comment is just leaverage. If he wins the CL he knows Levy will do anything to keep him at the club and so Poch is giving an impression that maybe he will be done. The result? If Poch wins the CL he gets paid more than any other manager by a mile. Poch is a smart, and he understands business. And he has no agent and negotiates himself. Seems to have done very well for himself so far, he knows what he is doing and nothing is said without reason.

He in't leaving though, obviously. Can't believe anyone would really think that. Maybe if he did the quadruple I'd believe it.
I think too many people try to crypticise Poch's words into what they want them to mean. Instead of just taking them at face value and just accepting he means what he's actually saying!

I think it speaks for itself, Poch is saying that if he wins the CL with us then really there is nothing more for him to achieve at this club because he believes it will not be topped for a very long time.

And he's probably right, even if deep down I like to believe he isn't, the fact is, the chances of us getting to the final of the CL again is highly unlikely (if we actually manage to get to the final) the chance of us winning it again (if we win it this time).even more unlikely, especially without significant investment.

I have always felt with Poch that his ultimate goal with Spurs is to win a major trophy and then move on, I can't see him staying here for his entire career and at the same time I can't see him leaving until he wins a trophy (unless he is sacked.)

We could start by spending more than Brighton, Cardiff and Bournmouth.
If Poch can achieve what he has with zero net spend, imagine what he could achieve with an actual transfer budget.
He knows that. And he knows his magic only just got us back in next years CL with the help of our rivals fucking up.
We're literally a completely manageable result away from the CL final against a club we're 8 goals to 7 against over the past 2 seasons and you're still fucking moaning about spending.

Seriously, do you every just shut the fuck up and enjoy football? Is that possible for you? Jesus fucking christ, mate.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom