Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok....so for those like you who think there’s no other way, how should we compete with them?
We could start by spending more than Brighton, Cardiff and Bournmouth.
If Poch can achieve what he has with zero net spend, imagine what he could achieve with an actual transfer budget.
He knows that. And he knows his magic only just got us back in next years CL with the help of our rivals fucking up.

We could start by spending more than Brighton, Cardiff and Bournmouth.
If Poch can achieve what he has with zero net spend, imagine what he could achieve with an actual transfer budget.
He knows that. And he knows his magic only just got us back in next years CL with the help of our rivals fucking up.

Sorry.....you are of the belief that to be successful you must outspend your rivals.
How do we beat City then to a title in your view by spending more than Cardiff, and not spending more than City?

Sorry.....you are of the belief that to be successful you must outspend your rivals.
How do we beat City then to a title in your view by spending more than Cardiff, and not spending more than City?
No. I'm of the same belief as Poch and any other sane person.

You have more chance of success if you're backed by your owners with a transfer budget than not. Spending doesn't guarentee success, but it gives you a better chance than spending nothing.

I agree with Poch

You have more chance of success if you're backed by your owners with a transfer budget than not. Spending doesn't guarentee success, but it gives you a better chance than spending nothing.

I agree with Poch

Isn’t it funny that five years of “we must compete with our rivals in the window” really meant we must spend more than Cardiff

Can't believe anyone is taking this seriously poch is a man of honour a rare commodity these days, if he was going to leave then it would be done privately and with class, so nothing to see here instead let's concentrate on the game and try to make history.

Breaking news:

Poch says he will resign tomorrow;

"Whatever happens tomorrow, I go home. "

It must be true, it's his words and he said it in a press conference.

Just for you sammyspurs sammyspurs . To save us going round in circles.

In the last 5 years our transfer budget, i.e money spent on players on top of fees recouped, has been less than nearly every other Premier League club. You've seen the table, it's been posted enough times.
For all that Poch has achieved in his time at Spurs, I believe that if he had had an actual transfer budget to work with that befitted our status as a top 6 club, he would have achieved even more.
I'm also of the opinion that no other manager we could attract would have achieved the successive top 4 finishes that Poch has achieved given the meagre resources he's been given to work with.
Its not scientific. Poch has been working with his hands tied up. Lets see what he can do with some financial backing to support him

Just for you sammyspurs sammyspurs . To save us going round in circles.

In the last 5 years our transfer budget, i.e money spent on players on top of fees recouped, has been less than nearly every other Premier League club. You've seen the table, it's been posted enough times.
For all that Poch has achieved in his time at Spurs, I believe that if he had had an actual transfer budget to work with that befitted our status as a top 6 club, he would have achieved even more.
I'm also of the opinion that no other manager we could attract would have achieved the successive top 4 finishes that Poch has achieved given the meagre resources he's been given to work with.
Its not scientific. Poch has been working with his hands tied up. Lets see what he can do with some financial backing to support him
So how do we compete with City for the title of you don’t want us to compete with them in the transfer market?

So how do we compete with City for the title of you don’t want us to compete with them in the transfer market?
By improving the squad would be a good start. Spend is the keyword.
You sound naive or you're taking the piss. We were 3rd the season before, all top 6 club improved their squad in the summer, Spurs didn't. You can see now Man city will win the league, Liverpool were 4th now overtook us to 2nd, the gap between us and top 2 is over 20 points. If you don't get it then ....

Last edited:
Argentinians say "I go home" all the time. The crew of the Belgrano, "I go home". The conscripts in Port Stanley, "I go home". Argies can't stop fucking saying it. It's in their nature.

I want to see us compete in the transfer market but realise we can't and won't spend as much as them.
But we have more chance of winning the title if we increase our transfer budget and give Poch more backing than if we continue to to operate a zero net spend policy or sign no-one at all as per the last 2 windows.

You keep asking me the same meaningless questions mate.

Here's a question for you:
Do you think Poch would appreciate having more financial backing and an increased transfer budget, or would prefer to continue with the same level of support he's recieved thus far.

Last edited:

I agree with Poch
There was a budget . Pochettino said so several times

Back
Top Bottom