Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football is not important. It's a nice distraction sometimes, but ultimatley it doesn't matter. At the end of the day it's an incredibly chaotic and random sport. Tottenham doesn't mean anything. No football club does. It's totally and utterly irrational.Nothing that happens in football impacts the real world, except in the emotions you let it induce.

So Tottenham don't get top four? Oh well. You'll come back next season right? You always have. Football never ends. That means there will always be the chance for glory out there, somewhere. But it also means that whatever glory there is will become old and forgotten, replaced by a need for something new. Football will never ultimately satisfy you. Football never ends, so there will never be a true 'winner'. All trophies and wins do is give a brief burst of euphoria and a little bit more information to meaningless, unsolvable arguments over 'which club is better'. That's ultimately all football is. That is all it will ever be.

There are things in your life that should matter much more than football. People you should speak to. Things you should do. Go do them.

This is a great post.

Sometimes I find myself struggling to enjoy the games these days as there seems to be so much riding on it in terms of 'having' to get top 4 - all the banter on social media etc.

HOW on earth is that a red card????????????? He pushes him to ground, not slapping him in the face.. ???????
Hi
Fcuking people on here.

We were up against a team who were already on their summer break.

We needed to be controlled, aggressive to a point and clinical.

We are fcuking shirkers from the manager through to the players.

Anyone who is not fearful of our future or embarrassed at how poor we have become is living in cloud fcuking cuckoo land.

We cannot handle pressure. We cannot deliver even when it is handed on a plate.

This is by a country mile the worst in football terms that Pochettino has presided over.

Fcuk hindsight or next Wednesday or next Sunday.

All the highs of recent years are disappearing down the drain.
god I really wish you would follow those highs. I assume you won’t be on here on Wednesday or even watching. After all - fuck hindsight and fuck supporting your team (is it your team? Really?)

This is now a real possiblity and the stuff of nightmares

3rd Chelsea 72 points
4th Woolwich 72 points
5th Man U 71 points
6th Spurs 70 points

I wouldn't put this down to anything more than two players losing their minds. We actually played well for 30 or so minutes. Outside of Dier looking well off the pace we had it all to play for through 43 minutes.
Yeah, we should have had a couple of goals. Our performance before the calamity was encouraging.

I am going to wait and see what Wednesday brings. And then next Sunday.

I expect nothing but disappointment and even then I will be upset.

It's not the hope that kills you but knowing there is no point in hoping.

It is astonishing that we can now finish 6th. It is even more amazing that we could not even secure 1 fcuking point to make it a battle of 2 between 3. And probably the biggest indictment of all that IF (and how big an IF that is) that we can still finish 3rd or 4th.

13 losses tells you absolutely everything about the fragility of our make-up.

Brighton get a draw and we should be fine would mean we only need to not get beat against fucking Everton to get 4th can't believe it's come to this.

And even if we still get top 4 Levy needs to hang his head in shame. Stadium or no stadium it was criminal we went into a season with a squad this paper thin. We have run certain players into the ground and forced Kane to come back from injury to fast twice. It's a joke

Back
Top Bottom