Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I probably am, roll on Ajax
I'm shitting myself over Ajax, just as I was before we played City to be fair. Maybe that's an omen.
:avbpray:

There is a bit of me that is more relaxed because we've got this far, which I can be happy with and console myself as an achievement itself BUT I am also thinking, with the right team we have a chance to progress. My nervousness is that I don't think we can field the right team.

Ahhhh there was me thinking Dele was poor because had been moved out of his attacking role
You're obviously very passionate, but usually all over the place in terms of your arguing: In this case you suggest that Dele be left out in favour of Skipp and then you say that Dele has only been poor because he is playing slightly deeper than usual? Then how about suggesting that Dele be played in his usual more advanced role instead!? That would at least make some sense.

You're obviously very passionate, but usually all over the place in terms of your arguing: In this case you suggest that Dele be left out in favour of Skipp and then you say that Dele has only been poor because he is playing slightly deeper than usual? Then how about suggesting that Dele be played in his usual more advanced role instead!? That would at least make some sense.
No, mate it was sarcasm.
I’ve been told that’s why Dele isn’t as good. The deeper role.
Just today I wrote that playing deeper doesn’t make his passing shit, and his decision making wrong and him waiting 5 minutes to do something with the ball, and killing every single counter attack and momentum.

So I’m not using his new role as an excuse. His technique and decision making has been atrocious.

That’s why I’d play Skipp, because Dele is an AM. I swear we would play him at left back rather than bench him.

Skipp will ultimately be a better CM than Dele, no question. He has the skill set for it. Dele is fundamentally an attacking player, a CM dictating the play, breaking up attacks etc isn't his ability. He can do a job there but when he plays that position he looks every bit a player bought from League One for 5 million. It's in the final third where he can be outstanding.

Skipp will ultimately be a better CM than Dele, no question. He has the skill set for it. Dele is fundamentally an attacking player, a CM dictating the play, breaking up attacks etc isn't his ability. He can do a job there but when he plays that position he looks every bit a player bought from League One for 5 million. It's in the final third where he can be outstanding.
But how about his range of finishing? Decent with his bonce, and he's got the toe-poke.

But how about his range of finishing? Decent with his bonce, and he's got the toe-poke.

It's his late runs in the box where he really comes into his own. No one does that better than him. Clever little touches in and around the box as well are his forte too. Kane and Eriksen are just exceptional footballers and you could play them in many different positions but Dele you have to play to his strengths.

Why surprised that Dele isn't playing as well as he used to. With the exception of about 5 players, the rest haven't played anywhere near as well as they have been. He's just in the same boat as Lloris, Trippier, Dav, Toby etc

It's his late runs in the box where he really comes into his own. No one does that better than him. Clever little touches in and around the box as well are his forte too. Kane and Eriksen are just exceptional footballers and you could play them in many different positions but Dele you have to play to his strengths.
He is obsessed with attacking the six-yard box and it seems he is given licence to do so. I think of him as a shadow striker, a poacher-he wants to get on the end of things, he doesn't offer himself up too much in the build-up. But the question I am asking you is what type of goals do you think is he capable of scoring?

He is obsessed with attacking the six-yard box and it seems he is given licence to do so. I think of him as a shadow striker, a poacher-he wants to get on the end of things, he doesn't offer himself up too much in the build-up. But the question I am asking you is what type of goals do you think is he capable of scoring?

Not the same repetpoire as Kane or Eriksen. Most of his goals are going to be from close range and the skill is getting in the position at the right time more than the finish itself.

Has tendencies of the Pogba sadly for us but underneath he has that grit and determination

Needs to get that killer instinct back and not fall down the style over substance trap door

Good post.

I think this section can be applied to most of the team. You have to have strong competition for your place otherwise complacency can set in.

Which is why I think we should be looking at signing players who will challenge for the first team rather than "squad" players.

Agree with both and have said as much.if we do secure top 4 then to some extent we have got away with it this season.

Back
Top Bottom