The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We shouldn't have been dragged into a situation where we're relying on other teams to do us favours when Levy has overseen 18 fucking months of zero fucking investment and failed to support our best manager in a generation.
Sorry, but I just get sick and tired of supporters clutching at straws and defending the obvious root cause of our collapse in form.
Strangely I sort of agree with you, but I don't blame Levy.
I know it's a much argued point but there has been investment - and a lot of it - and we are now in a very good place, ready for the first full year in our new stadium. The fact that we have just returned a record profit is great, and I do believe that we will spend in the Summer. But so will City and Liverpool and United, who'll all spend way more than we can, and so the argument will continue next year and you'll blame Levy for not investing enough.
There is no answer I'm afraid - all we can do is hope for a massive take over from a corrupt oil rich country (if that floats your boat) or look for progress and hope that other teams do us favours from time to time.
Unless of course you have the answer?

I know it's a much argued point but there has been investment - and a lot of it - and we are now in a very good place, ready for the first full year in our new stadium. The fact that we have just returned a record profit is great, and I do believe that we will spend in the Summer. But so will City and Liverpool and United, who'll all spend way more than we can, and so the argument will continue next year and you'll blame Levy for not investing enough.
There is no answer I'm afraid - all we can do is hope for a massive take over from a corrupt oil rich country (if that floats your boat) or look for progress and hope that other teams do us favours from time to time.
We won't be lucky enough to get bought out we are saddled with levy for some time yet.

I didn’t enjoy the game today either, when the atmosphere is shite and fuckers are leaving on 80 minutes at 1-0 down you start to question what direction live football is going

Heartbreaking stuff given it was a) a 12.30 k/o, b) a derby and c) a game with a shit-load on the line.

Spurs are just another consumable life-style add-on to many.... Buy an ST and see if one fancies going to a game as the match-days roll round...

Of course the big glamour games will always look good on TV, but 3 games in at our new gaff and we can't sell out the stadium already.... Tells it's own story.

Heartbreaking stuff given it was a) a 12.30 k/o, b) a derby and c) a game with a shit-load on the line.

Spurs are just another consumable life-style add-on to many.... Buy an ST and see if one fancies going to a game as the match-days roll round...

Of course the big glamour games will always look good on TV, but 3 games in at our new gaff and we can't sell out the stadium already.... Tells it's own story.
Match report says 60k attendance!

John's answer is "Spend like City; spare me the details".... The equivalent of a climate change denier.

John wants that foreign take-over and plastic success.

John is a man of low principal.

So, I get off the train, straight to the Chinese for a conciliatory take away, and what’s the first thing I see? A gimp in a bloody West Ham jacket.

Looking forward to my court date....

Equally, can you or those using it as a batton to condemn the club prove that he was?

(I'd have thought, given that this is the accusation, that that would be a fairer starting point in all this.....)

.....Why should I have the burden of evidence?

Some tin-hat bullshit doesn't dignify evidence.

No 'smoke without fire' they say? Fine, but I'm gonna wanna see some 'smoke' first.

Besides, we also seemed to be taking offers on Llorente in Jan.... That behind Poch's back also was it?
Mate I'm sorry but that is just deflective gibberish. Llorente is a 34 year old striker who had barely kicked a ball pre January, how can you compare that to selling our best central midfielder?

Can I pose you a simple question.
In your opinion, has the decision to sell Mousa Dembele in January without signing a replacement benefited or hindered Tottenham Hotspurs on field performances in the second half of the season?

John's answer is "Spend like City; spare me the details".... The equivalent of a climate change denier.

John wants that foreign take-over and plastic success.

John is a man of low principal.
Find a quote where John said we should "Spend like City"

£20 to your nominated charity says you won't.

So put or shut up ya fooking nobody.

Somebody mentioned the pitch, totally agree, doesn't seem to have any zip in it like the old WHL pitch. We desperately need some fresh energy and signings. Biggest void in my opinion is dembele driving from midfield

Sissoko and Winksy badly missed

Oh God....... We desperately need Winks and Lamela to make miraculous recoveries...... Just to give us some options.

Meanwhile Ajax have had a lovely week of relaxing and preparing for us.....

Which is out of order

We should at least have played last night

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Poor decision making, passing and control in the final third. Too much dribbling into the feet of the defenders rather than hitting the obvious run.
2. Toby makes rare mistake leading to the only goal.
3. Thought Foyth was top class, MOTM for me.
4. Our counter attacks move at glacial speed. Me thinks this plays a big part in our lack of goals.
5. Jansen misses a sitter. Water is wet
6. NWHL has been breached. Fuck.

2. 90% down to Sanchez

5. He missed two sitter

Agree with rest

So, I get off the train, straight to the Chinese for a conciliatory take away, and what’s the first thing I see? A gimp in a bloody West Ham jacket.

Looking forward to my court date....

What else do they wear?

Back
Top Bottom