Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no mention of buyback anywhere - he hasn't really done anything to put him above 15-20M has he? I would have him "worth" less than that based on reports on his loans.
He's evolved a lot this year, gained strenght, a lot more determination and seems to have matured. No antics, no complaints from team mates about his attitude etc

Being so rich and famous at 15 years old must be messing with your mind, takes time to become a man after that type of stuff. Lots never grow out of it, he seems to have done so this year

On Brandt, he's a very humble and focussed guy, he's a bit like Verts when he signed for us. Judging from his interviews he is not looking for the payday. He already said that he will only sign for a club after he visits them, talks to the coach and so on. He's going to chose the club he wants rather than sign for the club that pays. That is also the reason for the low buy out clause he negotiated, he signed for a salary below his true value and demanded a reasonable release clause instead.

The type of player that would be brilliant under Poch.

Btw what do you think about Draxler ?
Good, but he's been living that caviar lifestyle in Paris. Could be very pricey to lure him away, and it seems that only some guys are able to transition back to being football players (ie Moura vs Aurier).

Odegaard, Brandt, Grealish, these players scream Tottenham targets. I'd welcome any of them through the door as I believe we will give them as much quality for their careers as we will receive with their talents.

There's a lot of talk about Eriksen staying, which would be magnificent but if he doesn't & we have to sell, we need to be including the likes of Odegaard in the deal with no buy back clause included. Use our assets to their maximum potential in worst case scenarios like we should have Walker to City insisting on Sancho or no deal.

There's so much talent out there it's frightening. The club have a wonderful opportunity with where it's at at present to maximise this moment and continue further growth of our club. I'm fascinated as to how we end up playing it this summer and how it all pans out.

Good, but he's been living that caviar lifestyle in Paris. Could be very pricey to lure him away, and it seems that only some guys are able to transition back to being football players (ie Moura vs Aurier).
Saw him play live for Wolfsburg a couple of times and he looked like a true potential superstar, he's reported to be available at a discount this summer.

His mother is bonkers

Apparently he dropped his mum as agent, in a bid to actually get a contract somewhere.

Totally agree that we should only go for it if it's a great deal. The original suggestion was simply to give him a big singing on bonus. We pay him £10 million to keep his wages within our range. You're right that he hasn't played much, but I do like him and he can play in a position that we desperately need.

Would free up Eriksen.

Saw him play live for Wolfsburg a couple of times and he looked like a true potential superstar, he's reported to be available at a discount this summer.
Oh a lot of people were huge on him when he was in Germany. But now he's fourth fiddle at PSG, and I don't know how he'll be after that. That seems like a really weird place.

Back
Top Bottom