Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ajax has apparently launched an offer for Odegaard, would be a perfect match.

Ziyech is almost certainly going to leave Ajax, and even if i think he's a lot better suited for Italy or Spain, him or Neres have to be at least considered by us if we want to make the step up

But i think we are going to go to Germany again, high paced league that is in a lot of ways comparable to the EPL. Wages are acceptable, prices aren't that steep and the level of discipline and tactical education if often rather high.

Or maybe Insigne, stark raving mad but also hugely talented. Would love to add a player like him to our squad.

Last edited:
that would be a very risky move, he's very talented yes but also very fucking expensive for a player that only just popped up in a league that is miles from the EPL in intensity and style of play. Looks more like a gooner type of transfer

Seen quite a lot of people mention Rabiot, and while he is really gifted, he also is an accident waiting to happen. His mother is bonkers, his behavior can be interpreted as high maintenance, his wages would be completely mental and he's not the hardest working player around + has played very little this season. All of that for a player that is likely to ask for 250k a week, no thanks.

Might just be worth monitoring the situation and trying to get a cut deal if others dont work out.

Isn't that Tadic? Tearing it up with goals and assists. Maybe we should be buying him. That's the problem with the Eredivisie. Gotta be very careful who you buy
Tadic is 29 and looks great because he's just stepped down from the PL to the Eredivisie. Ziyech is 25, and looks to be a much more creative passer. But, there is the big question mark over if he can put it together for a 50 game season at the PL-level, and if anyone can coach him to stop taking stupid shots (no luck thus far).

That release clause is a hell of an appealing thing about Ziyech, but I remember Ajax was supposedly asking for a properly large fee for him earlier this year (like 60+), so who knows if that is true?

Annnnd the agent of Neves is: one Jorge Mendes.

Never happening in a million years on Levy's watch.
:levystare:
And I think I'd agree with Levy here. Those Mendes deals have a bad smell, and the last thing Spurs need is a potential money-laundering investigation being thrown at them because they had to make multiple payments to Jorge's different offshore accounts.

Ziyech is almost certainly going to leave Ajax, and even if i think he's a lot better suited for Italy or Spain, him or Neres have to be at least considered by us if we want to make the step up

But i think we are going to go to Germany again, high paced league that is in a lot of ways comparable to the EPL. Wages are acceptable, prices aren't that steep and the level of discipline and tactical education if often rather high.

Or maybe Insigne, stark raving mad but also hugely talented. Would love to add a player like him to our squad.
Right... I think I've figured this whole 'saving money on transfers' thing out...

How about: we go for Odegaard before he becomes an £80m player after two years at Ajax?
:freund:

Right... I think I've figured this whole 'saving money on transfers' thing out...

How about: we go for Odegaard before he becomes an £80m player after two years at Ajax?
:freund:

Odegaard, Ziyech, Brandt & Berge would be fantastic signings for a team looking to grow over a 3-4 year plan. Similar to what we did a couple of seasons ago when we signed the likes of Dele, Son, Dier & Toby.

£25m a pop & if one comes good there'll be worth £100m in 2-3 years time with how inflation is going. That's proper football business that is & a model perfect for growing a club, its reputation, its brand and success.

Kerem Demirbey or Julian Brandt would be excellent Bundesliga choices for us. Excellent creative talents, with experience playing in high-pressing teams. Florian Grillitsch as well for the same reasons.

Because he's already a 100+ player since he's only getting loaned out by Real Madrid?
100+ million? Surely not.

Kerem Demirbey or Julian Brandt would be excellent Bundesliga choices for us. Excellent creative talents, with experience playing in high-pressing teams. Florian Grillitsch as well for the same reasons.
Brandt's contract is running down, is it not? Scope for a Levy special?
:levywhoa:

100+ million? Surely not.

Brandt's contract is running down, is it not? Scope for a Levy special?
:levywhoa:
On Brandt, if so, start negotiating now. Be really nice to them and give them as much as it takes to do the deal.

With Odergaard, I think so. There's no way Real Madrid will let him go free to another big club. Either he'd come with an absurdly low buy-back clause, or it would be ridiculously expensive, I think.

they are asking 15-20 million
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

On Brandt, if so, start negotiating now. Be really nice to them and give them as much as it takes to do the deal.

With Odergaard, I think so. There's no way Real Madrid will let him go free to another big club. Either he'd come with an absurdly low buy-back clause, or it would be ridiculously expensive, I think.
On Brandt, he's a very humble and focussed guy, he's a bit like Verts when he signed for us. Judging from his interviews he is not looking for the payday. He already said that he will only sign for a club after he visits them, talks to the coach and so on. He's going to chose the club he wants rather than sign for the club that pays. That is also the reason for the low buy out clause he negotiated, he signed for a salary below his true value and demanded a reasonable release clause instead.

The type of player that would be brilliant under Poch.

Btw what do you think about Draxler ?

no mention of buyback anywhere - he hasn't really done anything to put him above 15-20M has he? I would have him "worth" less than that based on reports on his loans.

Back
Top Bottom