Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just makes me think it was only 6/7 years ago that we held a similar interest in Hazard and almost got him.

Pepe and hazard had similar reputations, hazard was the hottest thing in France and we only missed out on him due to chavs getting champions league over us.

What has changed so much that we couldn’t attract a player like that if we get champions league this season? Brand new stadium and exciting times, with a brilliant manager.

Why is it that Harry Redknapp could have got Hazard if we finished strongly but Poch and this team of stars cant attract a Nicholas Pepe?

By the way I agree it’s unlikely it’s just a bit frustrating. Why could a shit Woolwich get a Sanchez in his prime from Barcelona and we can’t sign a Pepe?

:pochsulk:
Probably has a lot to do with the fact that its utter fantasy that we had a shot at Hazard.

Zaha, not for me and not for what he'll cost and want in the wages. Great asset for playing on the counter attack, don't think he's a good enough footballer when it comes to break teams down.

Don't know about Zaha. I have the 'joy' of watching quite a bit of Palace as my in-laws have season tickets and I'll take the oldest if they're not about. He's good and genuinely quick, but he drifts off for large portions of the game and gives up if the team is struggling. His decision making is also still suspect and he'll frequently just steam to the byline even if there's no one in the box. He's good at getting penalties.

Basically, i'm not convinced we should be spending near £70 million on him, when, as others have pointed out, that would get us some of Europe's genuine starlets.

So I don't. I like Zaha but no. Moura is our Zaha. Yes, the Brazilian has only shown glimpses but he might have done enough in the last month to convince.

Sessegnon for me because he spots a pass and is more disciplined. He is going to and wants to learn and just has to look at Pochettino's record with youngsters.

Add to that Sessegnon will cost less in transfer and wages and have sell-on value.

Zaha could have said he wanted out before signing a big new contract. A bit like Grealish.

Sessegnon has sat tight and is now about to enter the final year of his current deal.

I think we need to give Moura more time, but right now if I had to put money on it, I'd say he won't be a big success with us. He is decent but most of his good performances have been against weaker opposition. I want him to be good enough for us but to be honest I do have my doubts. Zaha has a lot more strength and presence compare to Moura.

I agree with you about Sessgnon, he's a future star in my view.

Flogging off any of our regular starters for cheap would be a mistake IMO.

I don't see why we'd sell him for £15M. That's small change in today's market. Why would we do that for an experienced international level player who can cross the ball well? Even if we can move him on and get in someone better I just don't see him going for anything less than £22M in today's market.

Zaha is good but he’s worse than Kane and Son. He’s not even that much better than Lucas, not the sort of player I’d be happy spending £70m on when our central midfield needs so much improvement.

If we could get Sessegnon for £25m I think that would be a better signing and leave more money for midfielders.

Back
Top Bottom