Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love this man to the death as I guess everybody does at the moment :) First goal in the new stadium. 3 of 4 goals that takes us to our very first Semi-finals of the Champions league??? A legend if ever I saw one..... Never thought I would say this but don't miss Kane at all this season. Shame about the 1st leg though .... but still I LOVE YOU Sonny you beautiful boy

They are not ditching the fucking team because many do not even pretend they like the whole team. They do not pledge some oath to tottenham for you to say they are being disloyal. There are plenty of Koreans who go to the games and openly show the Korean flag instead of a Tottenham flag.

And I don't mind that at all. For all I care, the entirety of Korea could be supporting us, and then suddenly stop, and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

But because I don't speak for everyone, and because some people feel otherwise, I explained to you that the reasons why are because footballing culture in general takes loyalty as a premium. Loyalty is the primary measure of one's commitment to the club, so for die-hard fans who go to the stadium every week, they would naturally want the people there to at least try and summon a little of that commitment.

If you think that makes them all narrow minded, then I think you're the one who needs to broaden his horizons.

Loyalty is a major preference for me as well - I will always support Son and not another player like Mbappe or Countinho. I do show respect of the footballing world. This is why I hope Son does not go to Woolwich ever.

And if he did? Would you become an Woolwich fan?

Think about the answer to that question.

I did not accuse people of white privilege just because they showed loyalty to a football club. This is just taking my words out of context. I am calling out white privilege to people who do not understand why Son is such a big deal being a Korean and that he represents to some people in football more than a manager or a club.

Okay. Now point out to me the posts made by myself, or anyone else, which argued against that. Because if you can't find one, then maybe you should take it back, hmm?

I'll wait.

And I don't mind that at all. For all I care, the entirety of Korea could be supporting us, and then suddenly stop, and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

But because I don't speak for everyone, and because some people feel otherwise, I explained to you that the reasons why are because footballing culture in general takes loyalty as a premium. Loyalty is the primary measure of one's commitment to the club, so for die-hard fans who go to the stadium every week, they would naturally want the people there to at least try and summon a little of that commitment.

If you think that makes them all narrow minded, then I think you're the one who needs to broaden his horizons.

And if he did? Would you become an Woolwich fan?

Think about the answer to that question.

Okay. Now point out to me the posts made by myself, or anyone else, which argued against that. Because if you can't find one, then maybe you should take it back, hmm?

I'll wait.

Audrey, play fair and stick to those who at least have a chance to know you for what you are ...

footballing culture in general takes loyalty as a premium. Loyalty is the primary measure of one's commitment to the club, so for die-hard fans who go to the stadium every week, they would naturally want the people there to at least try and summon a little of that commitment.

Datzlo good comment. I get it now after reading through you and Enclop's responses.

This is what differentiates Non-European and European fan-base when it comes to loyalty. Except hooliganism, I envy the culture. I heard England even has varieties of town vs town competitions.

In America, if your local sports team doesn't win, it's normal to see seats half empty whole season for years, if your team is trailing badly people go home early. Golden States Warriors fans returned after a decade when Stephen Curry brought hope. Loyalty isn't a big thing here. People care more about beer price and locker room drama. Hell, Vancouver Stanley Cup Riot in 2011 was basically local fans pissed off at their team for not winning the cup and went on to trash their home stadium. Again, loyalty isn't a thing here.

Considering Europe's die-hard fan culture, one could understand why Datzlo (seems to be a local fan?) differentiates plastic fans and organic(?) fans. It's all cultural. Plastic does sound derogatory but probably it wasnt meant to offend. Probably Brexit is related to this as well in some way.

Enclop, no need to get upset. It's just different soccer culture in Europe. Nothing wrong with putting player loyalty before team loyalty. Canadian GOAT Steve Nash's fan based followed him around too.

Datzlo good comment. I get it now after reading through you and Enclop's responses.

This is what differentiates Non-European and European fan-base when it comes to loyalty. Except hooliganism, I envy the culture. I heard England even has varieties of town vs town competitions.

In America, if your local sports team doesn't win, it's normal to see seats half empty whole season for years, if your team is trailing badly people go home early. Golden States Warriors fans returned after a decade when Stephen Curry brought hope. Loyalty isn't a big thing here. People care more about beer price and locker room drama. Hell, Vancouver Stanley Cup Riot in 2011 was basically local fans pissed off at their team for not winning the cup and went on to trash their home stadium. Again, loyalty isn't a thing here.

Considering Europe's die-hard fan culture, one could understand why Datzlo (seems to be a local fan?) differentiates plastic fans and organic(?) fans. It's all cultural. Plastic does sound derogatory but probably it wasnt meant to offend. Probably Brexit is related to this as well in some way.

Enclop, no need to get upset. It's just different soccer culture in Europe. Nothing wrong with putting player loyalty before team loyalty. Canadian GOAT Steve Nash's fan based followed him around too.
Football culture reminds me of Colllege (American) football here in the states. Particularly in the south. They are generational fans who may not have even gone to whatever State U they support, but they're lifelong fans.

Back to Son. Sorry Harry, but he's my now my all-time favorite Spur. Going to be someone special to take his place.

Son's become a serious big time player, hasn't he?

Every time we've been desperate he's delivered this season, I can't believe he scored three against one of the best teams in Europe to pull us through.

Just sensational, truely world class, and we got him for an absolute steal.

Son's become a serious big time player, hasn't he?

Every time we've been desperate he's delivered this season, I can't believe he scored three against one of the best teams in Europe to pull us through.

Just sensational, truely world class, and we got him for an absolute steal.
I think it helps that he has carried an entire nation and their football hopes on his shoulders for so long. He has literally grown up with that pressure. He's used to it.

He's still great when Kane is in the squad/he isn't the main man. But once we bet the house on him he wakes up.

Having a player like that is fantastic.

Never leave you shining diamond.

When we got him.i was happy but I never thought he's be as good as he is now.

I think more than anything I just love him as a person, he appreciates what he is doing
I knew he would be as good as he is now. It is just unfortunate it took a couple of more years than it should. It used to kill me to watch this club waste the chance of the league title virtually every year for the past several season starting from the year Leister city year. All needed was to have the team pass more freely to each other.

So if I could continue.. I was getting to saying that its all good now. Shits in the past. Playing to ruin City again tomorrow. That's alright I think lol. Sonnys exempt. Ajax!! All these in a super stadium that is so there now. Coys!

Back
Top Bottom